The Reptile Thread (Read 44,214 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Cornsnakes are the best thing ever:

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 15, 2014, 02:53:58 AM
Snakes are beautiful, too. Love them <3

I love me so colubrids! And those leviathan Indigo snakes are absolutely gorgeous. I might settle for a lovely black tailed cribo:

Also the BF n' I got a new leopard gecko at Repticon last weekend. Not a big gecko person... but this guy won our hearts (and he looks like a chunky t.rex).
Spoiler
[close]

Greedo

Greedo

Anyone like  Uromastyx's ?

They have spikes on there tail and use it for self defence.. remind you of anyone ? ;)
Spoiler
STEGOSAURUS ;)
[close]

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Feb 21, 2014, 11:59:16 PM

They have spikes on there tail and use it for self defence.. remind you of anyone ? ;)
Spoiler
STEGOSAURUS ;)
[close]

http://www.duncanpets.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/uromastyx/uromastyx-acanthinurus-acanthinurus-female.jpg

I love them! The are supper chubchub and can make great pets (like bearded dragons). They are almost 100% herbivorous too... so you dont have to keep live crickets and worms around! They are hard to find and usually $100 or more depending on the type.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Feb 23, 2014, 09:13:10 PM
Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Feb 21, 2014, 11:59:16 PM

Spoiler
STEGOSAURUS ;)
[close]

http://www.duncanpets.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/uromastyx/uromastyx-acanthinurus-acanthinurus-female.jpg

I love them! The are supper chubchub and can make great pets (like bearded dragons). They are almost 100% herbivorous too... so you dont have to keep live crickets and worms around! They are hard to find and usually $100 or more depending on the type.

Yeah they can grow big too.

And 2 reptile shops near me have some im thinking of getting one!

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Depends on what kind... Egyptian uromastyx get the largest getting around 2 1/2 feet. Mali uromastyx are a little larger then half that size i think(?). The Mali are the way to go cuz they are a reasonable size and are considered best type of uro to keep in captivity. So i would recommend a mali over the larger Egyptian.
Plus, since they are roamers... space is key. The larger the lizard, the larger the cage. Mali would need a 4ft cage while a Egyptian would need a 6ft one.

Greedo

Greedo

I take it this is the Egyptian one ? but its in Saudi Arabia..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHP8rZaz2cc

Look at the size

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Yeah that's  the bigger Egyptian one.

Damn. That poor lizard in that video! They continue to chase it even after they already caught it once! The poor thing is obviously tired and panting! JEEZ.

SiL

SiL

SM

SM

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 15, 2014, 12:50:29 PM
Cornsnakes are the best thing ever:

Do they live in cornholes?

SiL

SiL

Moving some things around in the backyard and this guy was found under a pile of bricks (Not injured). He was a very very very happy chappy.

Not pictured: disturbing angry hissing.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: SiL on Mar 16, 2014, 11:55:05 PM
Moving some things around in the backyard and this guy was found under a pile of bricks (Not injured). He was a very very very happy chappy.

Awesome stuff, nice photos man.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ha, that's awesome. Great photos, too.

Cvalda

Cvalda

HRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG. CUTENESS.

SiL

SiL

That little yellow rim you see? That was a water dish we put out for him. Which he drank from. He was so happy.

And by happy I mean full of rage and hatred.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed