Doctor Who

Started by DJ Pu$$yface, Oct 17, 2010, 09:52:38 AM

Author
Doctor Who (Read 170,717 times)

Jacku

Jacku

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 08, 2017, 09:53:33 AM
Not really a fan either.  Love the old show.  But the new show is too light and has annoying companions.  Hopefully with having a female Doctor they can bring something new to the table.

If the female Doctor was being done by the current show runner and writers team I would feel meh about it. But the new guy seems to be really about to change the style so I'm hyped. After the first trailer is revealed for season 11 it'll probably be clear if he's pulling it in a direction I find more appealing or vice versa.

New Trailer for the Christmas special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boEQuRWFKj0

Jacku

Jacku

Spoiler
Enjoyed the episode even though I've not been following the last season and don't care too. Loved loved loved the use of music as far back as the ninth doctors era. Really good and I guess a celebration as the composer since then is now leaving the show.

I liked Jodie Whittakers first scene though wish we could have seen more like in Matt Smiths first scene. Glad she's keeping her accent.
[close]

Now I'm hyped for the new Chibnall-Whittaker era which is looking to be a huge change that should hopefully reinvigorate Doctor Who to millions more viewers like season one did in 2005.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I've seen every episode of new Who and have been following it regularly for a while now. The regenerations are always heartbreaking for me. This one had me emotional right from the beginning. Not without it's problems but there were just too many great moments. Capaldi got the episode he deserved and his acting in this episode made him my favorite doctor. He gave it his all and it was beautiful. To the first important question the 12th Doctor asked: "Am I a good man?", Yes, I believe you are.
9.5/10

Naginata

Naginata

Glad to see them moving in another direction with it; Moffat's stuff got a little same-y after a while. I have to say, though, I'm going to be fascinated to see how they get themselves out of the cliffhanger they left us with...

Jacku

Jacku

Newish outfit images. It's going to look very quirky when she's chilling in the TARDIS without the coat on I think.

I gonna buy the new Doctor Who magazine to read her interview and the column written by the new show runner. But given how secretive any info about the new season is I don't think it will reveal anything at all. I really curious to know what tone the season will take. They talk about wanting to make the show more for the family again (as opposed to the supposed hard-to-follow-plots of recent years) but I hope they don't make it more for kids.

Jacku

Jacku

Prefer this logo to the most recent one.

Shasvre

Shasvre

That's a really nice shot, and logo.

Jacku

Jacku

Glad it's not just generic shots of the cast/filming like usual. Keeps feeling like this is a big change.

SM

SM

Bit of Mork from Ork action going on in the new outfit.

Jacku

Jacku

Found a wide version.

genocyber

genocyber

So can they bring back Rose as a companion for this new Doctor? Blondes in space!

mez86

mez86

That font in the new dr who promo just reminds me of Spider-Man homecoming

Jacku

Jacku

So a 50 second scene just leaked and I couldn't stop myself from watching it.

All I can say is Jodie is playing the Doctor perfectly so far  ;D Trailer for comic con please! Cinematography looks a lot better too.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

That's good to hear! I do learn to love every new Doctor so I hope Jodie will be no exception and give a worthy portrayal of such a great character.

Jacku

Jacku

Love the look.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed