The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 72,854 times)

Firestorm

Firestorm

Some backpedalling going on down at Rottentomatoes HQ:

"Critics Consensus: The Predator has violence and quips to spare, but its chaotically hollow action adds up to another missed opportunity for a franchise increasingly defined by disappointment"

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: Firestorm on Sep 12, 2018, 11:41:20 PM

"Critics Consensus: The Predator has violence and quips to spare, but its chaotically hollow action adds up to another missed opportunity for a franchise increasingly defined by disappointment"

I am glad that at least some Top Critics like it, of course it's not so manny, but at least something  :)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Firestorm on Sep 12, 2018, 11:41:20 PM

Did they change their review? I thought they gave a different review a few days ago. Also...."increasingly defined by disappointment"....there's only been Predators before this, and prior to that Predator 2. Unless they're taking into account the AvP's (which are kind of their own thing.)

The Old One

The Old One

I think they are indeed referring to the other two sequels, or at least Predators.

Danversity

Danversity

Rotten Tomatoes is changing consensus now? What a bunch of f**king hacks.

Well, if any of y'all understand portuguese, here's my review of it:

For the ones who don't, I will be writing a review in english on letterboxd after I watch it again tomorrow with my friends, and I'll make sure to bring it over.

SiL

SiL

The consensus description changes depending on the, y'know, consensus. As more reviews come in, the consensus will change. Keeping it the same would be hack work.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: SiL on Sep 13, 2018, 02:43:27 AM
The consensus description changes depending on the, y'know, consensus. As more reviews come in, the consensus will change. Keeping it the same would be hack work.

Or they could wait a little longer before stapling consensus on things. I can get the film getting reevaluated and the critic perspective on it changing over time, but changing the "consensus" in less than one week? Uh...

Dannyboy

Dannyboy

The site "double toasted" had the right to post 2 different reviews that occupy the same YouTube channel? Like how the hell is that even fair? They both enjoyed it on their channel, but yet gave it a shity review on RT.

LtJesseRipley

LtJesseRipley

I walked out when the dog came back to the group...
I will stick to the Alien side of the site from now on I think.

Ok. Bye.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: LtJesseRipley on Sep 13, 2018, 06:51:20 AM
I walked out when the dog came back to the group...

Doubt it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 12, 2018, 03:19:37 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Sep 12, 2018, 03:08:30 PM
6 Tongal Alien 40th Anniversary films,
Alien: The Blueprints,
Alien 40th Anniversary Documentary,
Alien Isolation Novelisation,
Aliens Dust To Dust,
William Gibson's ALIEN 3
& Cold Iron Forge's Alien Videogame.

Far from a dead franchise.

Also Titan Books will be making another Aliens and Predator anthologies.

Indeed. As long as it continues on in the EU, I'll be happy enough if the theatrical stuff goes into hibernation for a bit.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 12, 2018, 05:34:50 PM
hicks this is the your quote i was talking about......

"In my opinion, and from what it's felt like watching the film and tracking everything these past few years, it's attempts to pander to all the complaining online that seems to have made a mess of this film."

don't know if you were just upset that day bud, but considering you singled me out and this was your reply, it did rather feel like passive aggressiveness and pointing fingers at people who were rightly critical and negative. So caring for your character and standing up for it is now complaining? maybe fox should actually listen to what the predator community want, rather than throwing in absolutely terrible plot devices and generic nonsense, all in the hope of "keeping it fresh"

You said why you felt it was a mess, I merely responded and said what I felt had contributed towards it being a mess. If you want to take that on your own shoulders, that's your own doing, but it was in no way an attack on you.

Quoteshane black essentially made a parody, and while i disagree with cornmeal, actually i think we should maybe of made our voices heard by posting the script, it might very well of forced them back to the drawing board.

Again, I have to say no it wouldn't have. There was plenty of complaining online from the moment some of those details leaked.  All posting that script would have done is brought potential legal actions towards whoever did leak it.

Fans don't know what they want. Fandoms aren't unified voices. The louder ones may think they are the sole speakers for fandoms but that's simply not true. What one person may like, another wont. Comedy is a prime example. The humor and the Loonies is something that is mostly being praised in these reviews and you don't want it.

That's fine. But it doesn't make you or people who share that opinion any more right or wrong than those who disagree with you and to pretend otherwise it arrogant.

But can we stop attacking each other for opinions or presuming we're right on subjective opinions? That's not what I come here to deal with.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Hmm according to wikipedia on The Predator, the rotten tomatoes approval is now at 41%, I was sure it was in the 60s before.

The Old One

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed