NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer

Started by ShadowPred, Jul 31, 2012, 07:22:26 AM

Author
NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer (Read 31,946 times)

Griffith

Griffith

Now, this might have been discussed in older threads but that looks like a huge dropship, I could be wrong

The proportion relation between Dropship - APC has been discussed before?

WinterActual

WinterActual

What do you mean with "huge" dropship? Its meant to carry APC, warheads, personnel, various types of cargo and other stuff at the same time. Its massive. Thats the normal size.

Griffith

Griffith

Well correct me if I'm wrong but I remember watching the behind scenes of Aliens that the APC which fits in the cargo bay of the dropship it's a lot smaller than reality you actually can see Gorman standing by the APC and he's a little bit taller however in the movie Hudson is fully standing so if the APC would have the correct proportions should be bigger and therefore the dropship too.

Sorry if went off topic

Ash 937

Ash 937

I, too, feel that the stance that GBX is making by calling this game a sequel is overstretched.  Instead of calling A:CM an "authentic" experience, they should just say something to the effect of, "We are fans of the film and took our task very seriously. This is the game we created and we hope you like it." 

I think that it a much more honest and realistic approach than saying that their creation is canon and somehow will make the viewing of Alien3 "better."

With that being said, the game is looking very polished and I have no complaints about the textures...or the size of the Dropship. 

I also think it's funny that in order to call this game an authentic experience, GBX had to release a video for it that did not show The Crusher or even mention it by name.  Maybe they are saving that thing for an episode that they will call "Unauthentic Aliens"?

Predaker

Predaker

I would like to find out the purpose of the crusher, other than to chase people around and smash things.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 31, 2012, 04:11:16 PM
I, too, feel that the stance that GBX is making by calling this game a sequel is overstretched.  Instead of calling A:CM an "authentic" experience, they should just say something to the effect of, "We are fans of the film and took our task very seriously. This is the game we created and we hope you like it." 

I think that it a much more honest and realistic approach than saying that their creation is canon and somehow will make the viewing of Alien3 "better."

With that being said, the game is looking very polished and I have no complaints about the textures...or the size of the Dropship. 

I also think it's funny that in order to call this game an authentic experience, GBX had to release a video for it that did not show The Crusher or even mention it by name.  Maybe they are saving that thing for an episode that they will call "Unauthentic Aliens"?

Or hopefully they just removed the damn thing entirely from the game.

And yes, if they had said:
Quote"We are fans of the film and took our task very seriously. This is the game we created and we hope you like it." 

I honestly would have been ok with that, and would be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

That Yellow Alien

All I want is a good Aliens game. Frankly, I could care less about staying true to the films and not breaking any canon, because despite what they say, I'm never gonna consider the game part of the series anyway.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jul 31, 2012, 05:35:20 PM
All I want is a good Aliens game. Frankly, I could care less about staying true to the films and not breaking any canon, because despite what they say, I'm never gonna consider the game part of the series anyway.

Pitchford is going to shove it down your throat! RUN!!

acrediblesource

I'm starting to hate the word "canon" now that its being used throughout the escapade. It holds no meaning to me whatsoever.

Bjørn Half-hand

They say all the right things but don't devs always do?
Nothing they say can convince me either way really, I'll make my mind up about this game when I play it. It looks really nice and I'm not overly concerned about this authentic thing really, sure I was one of those calling for acid blood but I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to ask for in an Aliens game.
I pretty happy with the MP I've seen so far, just want to see more SP really. I think I've seen enough to tempt me into buying this so unless it gets really bad reviews across the board or there are too many other games that look better than this released in that month.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Predaker on Jul 31, 2012, 04:49:18 PM
I would like to find out the purpose of the crusher, other than to chase people around and smash things.
To be fair, what was the purpose of the Aliens in 'Alien' and 'Alien3'? "Run around and smash things/kill people" could be applied to those, too.

In all reality the "purpose" of the Crusher is to provide a varied gameplay experience for the player.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 31, 2012, 07:42:57 PM
In all reality the "purpose" of the Crusher is to provide a varied gameplay experience for the player.

Yep, which is again, why I'm not concerned with it staying true to the films or not. The crusher Alien is kind of a ridiculous idea, but for an Aliens game, I'll go with it.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 31, 2012, 07:42:57 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Jul 31, 2012, 04:49:18 PM
To be fair, what was the purpose of the Aliens in 'Alien' and 'Alien3'? "Run around and smash things/kill people" could be applied to those, too.

In all fairness, someone could say that each Alien film introduced the audience to a new type of xenomorph to vary the viewing experience as well.  For better or worse, Aliens introduced the queen, Alien3 had the dog alien, and Alien: Resurrection had the newborn.  Also, Ridley Scott seemed to be obsessed with completely new life forms for Prometheus.  If GBX really does believe that they are making a sequel, perhaps they do think it is their duty to bring something new to the table.  Isn't that the tradition of this series, after all?

The problem is that, as fans, most of us think of Aliens as an inclusively excellent experience on its own and one that doesn't need anything else for a video game.  So when GBX says they are fans, it's easy to scratch our heads and scoff at the idea of The Crusher.  But when I think about it, I'd say it is certainly a better idea than the newborn and probably a better idea than nearly all of the life forms I saw in Prometheus.  As long as it's origin can be explained with some rationality, I guess it would be alright for a game.  Just don't tell me it's canon...

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Griffith on Jul 31, 2012, 03:30:18 PM
Well correct me if I'm wrong but I remember watching the behind scenes of Aliens that the APC which fits in the cargo bay of the dropship it's a lot smaller than reality you actually can see Gorman standing by the APC and he's a little bit taller however in the movie Hudson is fully standing so if the APC would have the correct proportions should be bigger and therefore the dropship too.

Sorry if went off topic

There's a heavy lift ship in the game that resembles a giant dropship. It's used to carry the modules surrounding the Derelict.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

If they can explain the crusher in a way that seems like it would make sense, then cool. If this game wasn't an actual sequel to the movie like Pitchford is saying, then I would have welcomed it with open arms.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed