More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 45,972 times)

ace3g

ace3g

https://twitter.com/JacobTremblay/status/824386679347646465

*Edited with the picture in post. Hicks.

echobbase79

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 26, 2017, 01:11:23 AM

Not a frame of film has been shot yet. At least give it that until the comparisons to AvP-R start.

Are people just forgetting that Fred said this takes places in multiple locales?

And even if it were 100% in suburbia, it's still SHANE BLACK. He's not exactly a Strause.

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 26, 2017, 01:39:18 AM

Not a frame of film has been shot yet. At least give it that until the comparisons to AvP-R start.

Are people just forgetting that Fred said this takes places in multiple locales?

And even if it were 100% in suburbia, it's still SHANE BLACK. He's not exactly a Strause.

The suburb parts probably just take place during character moments. Until I see some footage I'm not worrying about it.

BishopShouldGo

Yup. If they can't take the words straight from the horse's mouth...

Keith

I know what a turd looks like before it's going to come out  ;)

echobbase79

Quote from: Keith on Jan 26, 2017, 01:49:57 AM

I know what a turd looks like before it's going to come out  ;)

AvP-R had Shane Salerno writing that. That's who I blame for AvP and Requiem. Peter Briggs even confirmed that. He's no where in same league as Black and Dekker.

Not to say that Salerno doesn't have a place in the industry. He's made some wonderful documentaries. He just had no business writing those movies.

genocyber

Quote from: nanison on Jan 26, 2017, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 26, 2017, 12:21:31 AM
Quote from: nanison on Jan 26, 2017, 12:13:22 AM
Be serious really who wanted yet another round of a predator killing of a bunch of tough guys? And yet people are talking about a lack of creativity in sequels/reboots.

Most of the fans who endured a lot of pointless predator crap since what, 27 years.

So you didn't like predator 2? I personally love it equal to the original. All the other films were well below my expectations.

Quote from: genocyber on Jan 26, 2017, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: nanison on Jan 26, 2017, 12:13:22 AMBe serious really who wanted yet another round of a predator killing of a bunch of tough guys? And yet people are talking about a lack of creativity in sequels/reboots.
I did! This is starting to shape up into AVP-R territory.
-suburbs
-predator hunting in a town
-ex marine soldier
-kids and family
-literal who? casting

But this time there is a budget and some talented men behind the camera.
Nothing wrong with the casting, the predator is the star anyway...
Yeah, the Predator didn't save AVP-R from being a bad movie and it had the most screen time. This is going to be such shit.

anduu

Stealth_Hunter

I understand some people have concerns over where this plot may go but I'm feeling really optimistic and excited

-Shane Black
-Fred Dekker
-R rated
-Great cinematographer
-Cast of talented up-in-comers plus the Punisher who did the "Dirty Laundry" short film
-Multiple locations
-Possibility of understanding more of the Predator language/culture/mythos
-Multiple Predators
-Characters who are all about attitude with different motivations

genocyber

Shane Black made the last movie and it wasn't even all that great. It was just on the cusp of watchable and mediocre. You need big name actors who have done action films in the past for these films, not a bunch of D listers who at best have done supporting roles in big movies.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: genocyber on Jan 26, 2017, 02:25:20 AM
Shane Black made the last movie and it wasn't even all that great. It was just on the cusp of watchable and mediocre. You need big name actors who have done action films in the past for these films, not a bunch of D listers who at best have done supporting roles in big movies.
What last movie? Boyd Holbrook is great in Narcos, Thomas Jane has been great in most of his films

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echobbase79

Shane Black hasn't been involved in the Predator franchise since the original.

Stealth_Hunter

Shane Black made the last movie and it wasn't even all that great. It was just on the cusp of watchable and mediocre.
What the heck are you talking about ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

QuoteYou need big name actors who have done action films in the past for these films,
Says who? Not the director or casting agent. This is an R rated movie and everyone cynical about the cast was expecting/suggesting casts that rival The Avengers' monumentally expensive bunch. Film is a business.

genocyber

QuoteSays who? Not the director or casting agent. This is an R rated movie and everyone cynical about the cast was expecting/suggesting casts that rival The Avengers' monumentally expensive bunch. Film is a business.
Star power always brings in the big dollars. It helps better advertise your product.

Short list of actors to choose from that really could elevate this kind of material.

-Dwayne Johnson
-Jessica Biel
-Harrison Ford
-Dolph Lundgren
-Terry Crews
-Michael B Jordan
-Jessica Biel
-Ronda Rousey
-Henry Cavill

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed