What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 12, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

Author
What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel? (Read 12,494 times)

whiterabbit

Lets end this once and for all. The perfect title would be Alien: Three. Like the holy trinity. The Three being Android, Aliens and Engineers. No need for any humans, just skulls.

The Old One

The Old One

CARPATHIA

Seriously though, it was the ship that tried to assist the Titanic (Which would be the Covenant in this analogy) but also Dracula resides in the Carpathian mountains which would be David. Honestly I can't think of a more fitting title.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 01, 2018, 04:02:30 AM
CARPATHIA

Seriously though, it was the ship that tried to assist the Titanic (Which would be the Covenant in this analogy) but also Dracula resides in the Carpathian mountains which would be David. Honestly I can't think of a more fitting title.

It's definitely one of the names that jumps right out at you. As a Titanic fanatic, I see the allure, and have spoken before about considering the covenant to be a space Titanic. But for a film name, (and this is just my opinion) "Carpathia" or "Alien: Carpathia"  just doesn't really have a good ring to it. And I question how many people nowadays are going to remember what The Carpathia was and did? So I doubt modern audiences would get the significance. And even I didn't remember about the mountains until you pointed it out.

I think Ridley is onto something with the "awakening" title. It's got a good flow to it, and it sounds like something that would fit well into the franchise. But who's or what's awakening? That's the question.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 01, 2018, 04:15:38 AM
And I question how many people nowadays are going to remember what The Carpathia was and did?

See I never like this idea when I hear it.

Never presume the audience is stupid. Make a smart movie, and if the audience is drawn in, and curious, they will look into those kind of things, and the result will be smarter movie goers.

Besides, you can always work in some dialogue or allusions to the reality behind the name within the movie.

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 01, 2018, 04:32:35 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 01, 2018, 04:15:38 AM
And I question how many people nowadays are going to remember what The Carpathia was and did?

See I never like this idea when I hear it.

Never presume the audience is stupid. Make a smart movie, and if the audience is drawn in, and curious, they will look into those kind of things, and the result will be smarter movie goers.

Besides, you can always work in some dialogue or allusions to the reality behind the name within the movie.

Just for the sake of covering the bases here, "Stupid" was not the word I used or was implying. Merely the absence of a "singular" piece of knowledge. One that I personally believe isn't as commonly known anymore, (though it should be) and therefore loses its symbolic effectiveness right out of the gate.

SM

sirgiodecaramelot

Then... simple and honest.

Alien third prequel: the mission of the most idiot scientists to date.

tleilaxu

Quote from: SM on May 31, 2018, 11:28:33 PM
Did they have features that looked, say, African or East Asian?
Did they have features that looked explicitly like white Europeans, aside from the obvious ethnicity of the actors? Their lack of pigment and hair clearly makes them more akin to a human version of mole rats, but I digress, modern SJW's see racism in little thing. I guess an albino African model would also be racism because it would elevate whiteness over blackness or something.

SM

Aren't you precious.  :laugh:

tleilaxu

Where I'm from we thankfully don't have your obscene identity politics, at least not yet. I'm all for eliminating racism and racial biases, but without all the bogus accusations and "problematic" assertions and most importantly without splitting people into factions based on skin colour.

SM

You get triggered by the evil SJWs at the mere thought of having a civil discussion about all of humanity being descended from Engineers that look western, because it's "obscene identity politics".

"I'm all for eliminating racism and racial biases".

tleilaxu

Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2018, 11:37:11 AM
You get triggered by the evil SJWs at the mere thought of having a civil discussion about all of humanity being descended from Engineers that look western, because it's "obscene identity politics".

"I'm all for eliminating racism and racial biases".
https://media0.giphy.com/media/I5xVnGJRHZZf2/200w.gif
We're not having a civil discussion, you're just throwing out garbage accusations of racism because "dude they like have white skin so f**king racist omfg" and posting unfunny one-liners.

Corporal Hicks

If you can't engage in the conversation civilly, don't continue to be involved.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on May 17, 2018, 10:45:48 PMI wouldn't rule out Exodus though. Especially given the current situations of the engineers and colonists.

Was looking up stuff and came across Exodus too. Would fit in with everything. And it sounds alright as a movie title and the name of a ship.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2018, 12:01:40 PM
If you can't engage in the conversation civilly, don't continue to be involved.

Could you clean up this topic, please?

whiterabbit

Now I'm too scared to even ask a question about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed