What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 12, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

Author
What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel? (Read 12,346 times)

OpenMaw

Listen, Ridley likes Beavis and Butthead, so the obvious answer is like "duh."

Scorpio

"Covenant" refers to both the physical and meta-physical.  Physically the Covenant is the name of a spaceship carrying life, much like Noah's Ark from the biblical story.

Metaphysically, it is a pact with God.  Or an agreement.

For example, marriage under the Christian belief is a pact between the couple and God.  Not really like a contract in the legal sense, but based on faith. 

All the Covenant colonists are married couples (with the exception of some of the security team I think).

But they broke the Covenant because they didn't go to the promised land, instead they veered off course to go Garden of Eden where they found Satan who unleashed his hell demons upon them.

Remember the couple in the shower - that's a married couple so not like Friday the 13th.  Because they broke their deal, they are no longer protected by God.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

;D

Back to the topic.

Now I said this earlier, when I thought of Hades as potential title.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 17, 2018, 07:16:14 PM
Hades

-In old Greek mythology: god of the underworld. Edit: als the Greek word for the underworld itself
There a story about Hades abducting someone's wife (Persephone). Hermes tries to rescue her but she ends up eternally tied to the Underworld.
Hermes was viewed as the protector and patron of roads and travelers.

-In Christianity: Hades, according to various Christian denominations, is "the place or state of departed spirits".

I forgot to mention the wife could be Daniels and Hermes could be Walter.
Hermes' attributes and symbols include the winged cap. Walter wears a cap with earflaps.

Now a moment ago I read that one of Mercury's symbols is also the winged cap
Mercury is the god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence (and thus poetry), messages, communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld.

All those aspects totally fit a potential sequel. Alien: Mercury would sound alright to me but it's also a planet. So without including that it would be a little too confusing. I'm still convinced the title will have a reference to religion/mythology.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: tleilaxu on May 17, 2018, 09:25:41 PMI resent ancient aliens as much as the next person (even though I was surprised by how well it worked in Prometheus), but let's not try to insinuate racism where there is none.

There is plenty. Here's an example:

QuoteI was surprised by how well it worked in Prometheus

Read: Civilisation was instructed by Greco-Roman-Uber-Gods from space.

Use your f**king brain.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 24, 2018, 12:32:59 PM
Quote from: tleilaxu on May 17, 2018, 09:25:41 PMI resent ancient aliens as much as the next person (even though I was surprised by how well it worked in Prometheus), but let's not try to insinuate racism where there is none.

Use your f**king brain.

How is that racist?

Scorpio

All the Engineers have white skin, that's racist.  Where are the brown skinned Engineers, and there should be more female Engineers in positions of authority too. 

/I'm joking, no offense intended/

SM

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 24, 2018, 09:05:50 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 24, 2018, 12:32:59 PM

Use your f**king brain.

How is that racist?

Humanity was created by space white people.

I've never considered that it was racist, but I can see why some might.

Scorpio

Not many 'white people' I know of have the kind of marble white colour hue of the Engineers.

They are aliens, end of story, they're not meant to represent 'white people' or any other race.

Physically, they are based off Greek statues which are based on ideals of men.

SM

Yes - white western men.

Baron Von Marlon

They're humanoids. Is that the same as being human?
If not, it can't be racist since they're actually a different species. And a higher lifeform imo.
Then it would be racist if a human didn't like apes.

One could say Alien is racist because the xenomorph is black.
One could. Not me.

SM

QuoteThey're humanoids. Is that the same as being human?

We have identical DNA.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2018, 03:22:21 AM
QuoteThey're humanoids. Is that the same as being human?

We have identical DNA.

I think chimps share 98% of our DNA. Does that make them human too?
I really don't know and am just asking.

Not sure if there might be additional DNA in the Engineer's DNA sequence.

And do different races have slightly different types of DNA?
Again, I don't know.

SM

SM

I don't know much about it either.

However...

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2018, 01:33:16 AM
Yes - white western men.

"Western" - Not sure what you mean by that but Greece is west depending on where you're standing.  But it could also be east, south or north.

SiL

Your trolling would be less obvious if you could at least be consistent across threads. It's really getting tired. Could you find something new to be an idiot about already?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed