DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 83,771 times)

Corporal Hicks

Ooohhhh. Isolation and AvP2 would definitely be in there but I'm not sure which comics would make the cut. Probably Labrynth, Destroying Angels and Nightmare (tied alongside the novelization) but I also really dug Berserker.

Russ840

I still need to read the novelisation of Berserker, based on a recommendation from you and others. It's out soon (the reprint omnibus collection) I believe ?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I think it's end of the year. I'll just check.

June. So not that long. Definitely worth the read IMHO.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Aliens-Omnibus-Spears-Berserker/dp/178329907X/ref=pd_sim_14_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TPAXD3FWDEG0E6VRNPP0

Russ840

I will do. I love a good book. Currently listening to the aliens audiobook by ADF. I like the first and am enjoying this. I have the third to read.

Was there any thing back about those manuscripts that we all discussed a while back?  ADF's originals.

Corporal Hicks

Unfortunately not.  :'( Turned out to be later manuscripts.

Russ840

Shame about that. Would have been interesting. 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 29, 2017, 12:44:26 PMI still need to read the novelisation of Berserker, based on a recommendation from you and others.

The book was a lot better than the comic (which wasn't bad itself).

Russ840

I enjoyed the comic but it's a bit shallow. I keep hearing from you guys that the novel goes a bit deeper so this excites me.

I did love the cover to the comic a lot though. Shame Killen didn't do the interiors. 

426Buddy

I really enjoyed berserker, wish I still had my copy.

I enjoy the comic too, but the novel is the much better version. Those Plunkett covers are some of my very favorite as well.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 29, 2017, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 29, 2017, 12:44:26 PMI still need to read the novelisation of Berserker, based on a recommendation from you and others.

The book was a lot better than the comic (which wasn't bad itself).
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 29, 2017, 07:24:26 PM
I really enjoyed berserker, wish I still had my copy.

I enjoy the comic too, but the novel is the much better version. Those Plunkett covers are some of my very favorite as well.
Seconding this, the comic is cool but the novelization is better, it develops the characters quite a bit more.

This was true of most of the Bantam-era novelizations.

Corporal Hicks

The comic was overly "Aliens comic!" I think the novelization added some great depth and maturity to the concept.

Russ840

What comes with the reprint. Was it music of the spears? 

Corporal Hicks

That's right.

Russ840

I'll be on that.  ;D
How is Music as a book? I couldn't stand the art in the comic. It really took me out of the story.

Corporal Hicks

I remember digging it for being really different. Here's my review from about 8 years ago. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-music-of-the-spears/ Don't think I've read it again since then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed