Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 88,343 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Lie1295 on Feb 28, 2010, 11:53:47 PM
QuoteDid the scientists crawl into the vents and hide them in there for safe keeping?

lol

Honestly, it makes no sense. :D

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: kaljo on Feb 27, 2010, 11:13:13 PM
Well it was MADE for the 360 originally. Hence the bad MP System.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: Puks on Feb 25, 2010, 10:26:28 PM
Puks is back after completing the SP campaigns and is happy to announce he was having a blast and likes to hear Rebellion will make a sequel!

The game has its flaws, but at the same time it's enormous fun. I'm not going to write a review, just point out things I liked/disliked, so any potential Rebellion staff forum lurker has the general idea what fans want in the next game. Spoiler warning.

Spoiler
I loved:
Fight in the club with music and strobes.
Aliens blending with hive walls.
Queen boss fight with tons of huggers.
Predator boss fight in the arena.
Praetorian boss fight in the arena.
Elite predator boss fight in the arena.
Jungle aliens.
Combat synths.
Alien AI.
Trophy kills. Nasty shit. I like.
Melee combat.
Stealth kills.
Predalien design.
Pulse rifle, shotgun and sniper rifle.
Shoulder cannon and spear.
Focus jump and pounce.

I meh'd:
No crouch. Seriously, anyone saying crouch is not needed is a douche. There were over 9000 situations when I begged for a crouch button.
Only 6 marine and 5 predator weapons.
Marine melee block - didn't use it once, not even on hard.
Story.
Alien and predator campaigns are too short.
Marine AI.
Alien vent transition.
Lower frame rate in exteriors.
No AA.
[close]

Overall, I'd give the game a 7.5/10. Any fan of the franchise can easily add +1 to my rating.
I wish good sales and hope we get the perfect sequel. Don't disappoint us, Rebellion.

And is it just me, or has anyone else felt like playing Doom3 during the marine campaign?   :D 
Not saying it's a bad thing - I loved the old-school gameplay and scary atmosphere of D3.

Fair play to you matey. I'm glad you played it and i'm glad you liked it.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: S.Y.L on Mar 01, 2010, 07:30:24 AM

He's right though.

People can call it a "multi-platform release" all they like but the PC version has some very obvious console influenced restrictions, which in my book makes it a console port.

Team Fortress 2 = multi-platform game.
AVP'10 = console port.

Zephon

Zephon

Agreed. It's a console port. To even adress a very simple thing that makes it an obvious port -> No taunts for preds and marines in MP, why? Because there weren't enough buttons on the controller. HELLO PORTED GAME!  :-\

Rocky5

Rocky5

Quote from: Zephon on Mar 01, 2010, 04:24:06 PM
Agreed. It's a console port. To even adress a very simple thing that makes it an obvious port -> No taunts for preds and marines in MP, why? Because there weren't enough buttons on the controller. HELLO PORTED GAME!  :-\

well that is bull for a start there is the left click that isn't used for anything but it is still a console port that's where the money is.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Mar 01, 2010, 02:45:16 PM
Quote from: S.Y.L on Mar 01, 2010, 07:30:24 AM

He's right though.

no. no he`s not.

Quotein my book makes it a console port.

your book is also wrong then i`m afraid mate.

AintGotTimeToBleed

AintGotTimeToBleed

And that's soooooooooooo important..

safetyman

safetyman

Taunts is the least of this games worries, but a console -> PC port has gross simplifications. I'd get into it, but someone would state their opinion as facts.

Vertigo

Vertigo

This has been said about a billion times now, but AvP has multiple unused buttons for all species on console gamepads.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The Predator actually uses all the buttons.

But yeah, the others have unused buttons.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 02, 2010, 10:09:26 AM
The Predator actually uses all the buttons.

True, but even with the Pred, they're pretty happy to bind multiple functions to single buttons (such as triangle on the PS3 pad combining Cloak if tapped and Heal if held down).

berserker91

I bought the special edition, so I paid £50 for the game. The campaigns are good, when I finished then already and there is no reason to replay then, as it's a lineal game, with almost no story and no decision making at all. But that's ok, I wasn't expecting a good story, but what I was expecting was a much stronger multiplayer.

What did I get? I play in ps3 and...

-Its take 15 minutes to find any match in matchmaking

-When you find a mach, there are only 4-5 people there, what about playing with 18 players as they said? As far, I never played with more than 12 people and most of then leave in the middle of the game...at the end you have teams that are completely unbalance.

-You can go in to a game that already started? WTF, as I said, half of the people leave during the game, so why don't allowed people to go in to the game when its already started?

-You can change the race in matchmaking or in the middle of the game during a mix race matchmaking...again, unless for my other mistake. However, I can see why they don't allow changing races, otherwise everyone would be predator.

-Why almost everyone would like to be a predator? Because he is OP.

-After 15 minutes looking for a game, when finally you find 4 people to play with, the host leave the game, and you have to star all again.

So, the multiplayer is not good at all, look sometimes more as a demo that as a final version of the game. Its a shame because in the beginning everything looked good, but the more are play, the more a realise that there are a lot of problems that need to be fix.

Does anyone think like me?

-----------------------------

And sorry for my english, its not my mother language.

MadassAlex

QuoteAm I the only one who is not happy with the game ?

Nope, look into any thread.

nubi

takes me a whole 20 seconds to find a ranked game, even with the dedicated servers up and less people playing ranked i can get in a game stright away, and you can join games already running on the PC version just not ranked games. you however are sadly right about the pred being OP... all in all i think the game is a vast improvment over the previous 2 and ill be playing it for a long time yet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed