Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 218,859 times)

SiL

I really can't remember corporate drama in the movies but maybe I fell asleep during the scenes of meetings that could've been emails.

Immortan Jonesy

This is the closest thing to that, and it's pretty short.

But maybe in a TV series this trope could be exploited more.

[cancerblack]

But what about the machiavellian political intrigue of Noni having a hissyfit?

ralfy

This franchise was limited to protagonist/antagonist vs. aliens. The last show brought in cloning and mutations, the prequels cosmology and more, and given points in the interviews the TV show will likely focus on AI, human drama, etc., with the alien as secondary.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 19, 2023, 06:50:10 AMThis is the closest thing to that, and it's pretty short.

https://i.ibb.co/PGZ9LkZ/hqdefault-2.jpg
But maybe in a TV series this trope could be exploited more.
that's probably most likely. Like every sub or major plot point in alien (no matter how small it was) will probably have an half hour of drama. But also its going to be a different perspective of sorts. I doubt they are going to tread on the same Ripleyesque strong lead female trope. It would be a great way to reimagine or reboot it that way. I'm wondering if they will try to keep the 70s esthetics like how Alien Isolation did. I would love to see cheezy foofy hair perms again. Maybe some aerobicize vidds in the background on big CRT monitors? and  amiga 1200 green screens!

XENOMORPHOSIS

The backdrop of Alien is harsh and bleak, other than the dangerous planets through the yet to be explored galaxy
Earth is in perhaps the most hostile. It's in a state of irrevocable suffering, constant wars, polluting the environment until it's uninhabitable. Its a planet that engages in atrocities in a never ending cycle of violence, this dystopia isn't science fiction but a very possible future.

It's a greedy Megalomania-tic unfettered capitalistic conglomerate dominated future, the powers that be "the elite" reap the benefits of interplanetary mining/harvesting, plundering resources and exploiting people who are under their pay. Despite the promise of building better worlds the companies reign Dominion basking in glory while humanity are no more than mere worker ants in a colony, or a hive if you will.

The company is cold, ruthless and will pursue domination by any means necessary, unclouded by conscience, remorse of delusions of morality, the destructive, predacious, invasive all consuming nature of the company are just as much monsters as the aliens, but you don't see them screwing each other over for a percentage, And let's say the company were to obtain Xenomorph biotech they'd be worth than before and spreading this disease throughout the galaxy tenfold.

Is this our future? maybe unless we take the initiative to chance the course of our fate, to defy corrupt forces, advocate laws that look after people's freedoms, that the properties of land are properly negotiated, compensated, traded/exchanged, to defend individualistic identities, understanding merits of tradition while not being stuck in the dark ages given by fear. That we pursuit the ambitions of life's goals but not at the expense of another's suffering. To adapt to challenges that lie ahead in an ever changing world.

Is a more ideal Utopia that prioritises peace, progress, unity, the overall betterment of humankind and the world a future thats obtainable? So far that seems like science fiction, but is it possible? Perhaps that what the TV show could evoke, on how the future is grim, but we have it in ourselves to shape our future for the better.

ralfy

That also looks like the present.

Nightmare Asylum

Just a stray thought, but given the corporate focus of this show and the way it seems to be using synthetics, I wonder if we might be seeing some presence from Hyperdyne here.

ralfy

To recap, such ideas might turn into to something like Fargo in the space age.

reecebomb

If it's set on earth, I want a bleak and ultra-realistic drama kitchen sink style - set in retro futuristic Alien universe.

But of course it will have the same fake modern sheen that plagues most of the media released today, think Chernobyl was done quite well on that department.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: reecebomb on Nov 30, 2023, 10:02:38 AM...But of course it will have the same fake modern sheen that plagues most of the media released today...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/08/awards-insider-dana-gonzales-portfolio-fargo-emmy

Doubt it.

Eal

Quote from: reecebomb on Nov 30, 2023, 10:02:38 AMIf it's set on earth, I want a bleak and ultra-realistic drama kitchen sink style - set in retro futuristic Alien universe.

But of course it will have the same fake modern sheen that plagues most of the media released today, think Chernobyl was done quite well on that department.

Well, Alex Kurtzman isn't in charge, so I don't think you have to worry there.

ralfy

I think what will matter most isn't cinematography but story content.

Nightmare Asylum

Happy three year anniversary to this project being formally announced (on top of however many years of rumors/speculation before then).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It has been teased as far back as the collaborative promo between Legion and Alien Covenant I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed