Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 24, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Author
Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie? (Read 37,930 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Mads Mikkelson would make a great android.

bb-15

Quote from: The Old One on May 29, 2018, 02:41:03 AM
There's nothing wrong with liking TFA, there would have been if it's intention was to replace another SW film with something that contributes nothing new but actor chemistry- but even though it mimicked; it never replaces. That's the red line.

Putting aside Star Wars which is complicated in terms of what should be canon:
I'll stick with the Alien universe with my comment.
- The idea which I don't like is getting rid of films from canon in the Alien franchise.
For instance having Ripley, Newt and Hicks surviving in a new series of Alien movies would not work for me.
- Some people get emotional about this and I can add my own emotional slant.
Weaver has said that after "Aliens" she demanded that Ripley be the only survivor.
Weaver rejected a sequel where she, Newt and Hicks were living on earth.
- And now decades later Weaver wants to change her mind and eliminate 2 movies from canon in the franchise?
My most polite response to that is NO!

The Alien prequels are expanding the Alien universe while logically being connected to Ridley's views on the franchise over the years, using production ideas from the original "Alien" and adapting some similar concepts from "AVP".
- And there are other ways to add to the franchise without deleting movies from canon such as taking the story from "Alien Isolation" and making a film from that.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien:_Isolation#Plot

;)

SM

Which sequel was the one where Ripley, Newt and Hicks live on Earth?

Local Trouble

I wonder if Weaver ever read Gibson's script.  ;D

SM

"So do I have any lines in this?"
"Page 10"
"Hmm, okay."
"No, it's just page 10.

Local Trouble

I wonder if that script was written solely to leverage their position in negotiations with her.

SM

I don't think she was that interested to begin with.  They commissioned two Gibson drafts, a Twohy script and a Red script before they hit on Vincent Ward and I don't even think his original pitch had Ripley in it.

Local Trouble

You should go read the Eric Red script again.

SM

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on May 30, 2018, 07:29:06 AM
I don't think she was that interested to begin with.  They commissioned two Gibson drafts, a Twohy script and a Red script before they hit on Vincent Ward and I don't even think his original pitch had Ripley in it.

I remember talk of them originally envisioning an Alien 3 and Alien 4 with Gibson where Weaver would return for 4.

SM

Yeah I remember hearing about that too.

Local Trouble

Would she be holding a ridiculously huge bundle of guns for no reason whatsoever when she showed up in 4?

SM

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2018, 10:23:08 AM
Quote from: SM on May 30, 2018, 07:29:06 AM

I remember talk of them originally envisioning an Alien 3 and Alien 4 with Gibson where Weaver would return for 4.

When are you going to interview Gibson about his work on Alien 3?

Corporal Hicks

I tried in the past. No reply. He doesn't like talking about the experience, I believe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed