Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 67,170 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

I believe that there was some kind of delusion or trolling.

AF is just third-person shooter. Without looter. At least I didn't hear such statements. AF - just TPS coop shooter. Comparisons with Anthem or Borderlands are similar to Age of Empires with Heroes of Might and Magic. 

Looter-shooters is about... loot. Specific subgenre. Things, weapons and other trash, which drops out of enemies. I don't remember that the developer claims that you will receive tons of weapons from chests and enemies. Like a purple smartgun dropping from the shooted praetorian?

Kradan

Kradan

Maybe even purple bazooka ?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Drukathi on May 01, 2021, 08:20:55 AM
I believe that there was some kind of delusion or trolling.

AF is just third-person shooter. Without looter. At least I didn't hear such statements. AF - just TPS coop shooter. Comparisons with Anthem or Borderlands are similar to Age of Empires with Heroes of Might and Magic. 

Looter-shooters is about... loot. Specific subgenre. Things, weapons and other trash, which drops out of enemies. I don't remember that the developer claims that you will receive tons of weapons from chests and enemies. Like a purple smartgun dropping from the shooted praetorian?

Maybe this is accurate, but the way it read to me is that some of the customization options for your character and weapon systems are going to be found in randomly generated chest (which makes sense because otherwise everybody is going to have the same set up at the same time) that you can miss.  I suspect most customization is done after missions with the rewards being unlocked by the experience you acquire during the missions.

This would be like Ghost Recon Breakpoint, where you can pick up any weapon dropped by the enemy, but can only customize it until you swap weapons. You have to unlock weapons for all time by paying with them at a store with credits (which function as experience points).  Breakpoint has actually a ton of different ways to play.  When it first came out it was a whole lot more like the Division where you were at a level and had to use level dropped weapons.

I actually find it hard to believe that there won't be some elements of a looter shooter, as just about all third person shooters rely heavily on customization so that every player doesn't play the same way. 

I guess the difference is whether or not you consider a looter shooter to be a looter shooter is whether or not you get drops in game OR whether you gather exp for customization to get your loot after the missions.

But again, in the eight minute gameplay I remember them talking about random customization chest in each mission. 

I personally enjoyed some looter shooters.  The Division I think did it best because it actually makes sense in game.  You are essentially an authority figure tasked with holding America together should it fall apart.  Well it fell apart so you pick up any kind of weapon you can find and go to work breaking up various warlords and criminal elements.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 01, 2021, 06:52:24 AM
Never heard of it but I hope you're right then.
It`s a PvE class based shooter, where you fight hordes of mutant dinosaurs

judge death

Something that has me curious and concerned if this game is meant to be taken seriously in the lore, especielly now as we have a book for it: In the gameplay it seems flamethrowers can easily kill xenomorphs but we saw in covenant that they are fire resistant and not even plasma could injure a protomorph/davids xenomorph, so the adult form of them should render flamethrowers pretty much useless.

BlueMarsalis79

It is stylised I believe though, I do not know if you ought to take everything in it completely at face value, just look at the varying size of the Alien varieties for example.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

When was fire used in Covenant?  It's been awhile, I honestly don't remember. 

BlueMarsalis79

The Alien crawls through the Covenant's Lander engine and remains apparently unharmed.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: judge death on May 05, 2021, 08:05:16 PM
Something that has me curious and concerned if this game is meant to be taken seriously in the lore, especielly now as we have a book for it: In the gameplay it seems flamethrowers can easily kill xenomorphs but we saw in covenant that they are fire resistant and not even plasma could injure a protomorph/davids xenomorph, so the adult form of them should render flamethrowers pretty much useless.

Film is a film. Game is a game. Creative freedom vs hard knowledge. Personally, I easily choose the first and wash off the second to the toilet. :)

BlueMarsalis79

I think verisimilitude's always important but I agree.

Hemi

Hemi

While the "drone" looks great (aren't the rigged head aliens called drones?).... the back "fin" is clipping through his dome... XD
Didn't they remove that in Isolation?

BlueMarsalis79

They just had it laid back in Isolation between the other protrusions to not be in the way.

Generally speaking:

Drone (Lurker) = Bipedal Alien with Carapace.

Warrior (Soldier) = Bipedal Alien without Carapace.

Runner (Scout) = Quadrupedal Alien with Carapace.

Defender (Sentry) = Quadrupedal Alien without Carapace.

[cancerblack]

To be fair, there have been some very well known and memorable bits of media calling the ridge heads Drones over the years.

BlueMarsalis79

Yes such as Monolith's AVP and in a sense it is correct, a Drone often becomes a Warrior, and a Warrior used to be a Drone, that goes for Runner and Defender.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't put much thought into the names between entries. It can and does just change based on developers or authors. I just roll with what the current thing is doing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed