NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 812,047 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really want that. I hope it shows up over here.

Kailem

Kailem

It should. The Forbidden Planet website currently has it penciled in for October.

It still irks me a bit that they're calling it "Thermal Vision" Warrior Alien though. The whole reason it's green is that it doesn't show up on thermal vision and requires a different mode to see it. :P But it looks very cool, and it's doubly good that it glows in the dark, so I'm sure I'll get over it. ;)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 13, 2016, 01:21:22 PM
It should. The Forbidden Planet website currently has it penciled in for October.

It still irks me a bit that they're calling it "Thermal Vision" Warrior Alien though. The whole reason it's green is that it doesn't show up on thermal vision and requires a different mode to see it. :P But it looks very cool, and it's doubly good that it glows in the dark, so I'm sure I'll get over it. ;)
Guess they should have called it "Predator Vision"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Aug 15, 2016, 02:04:57 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Aug 13, 2016, 01:21:22 PM

Guess they should have called it "Predator Vision"

Yeah, I suggested that when it was first announced but it doesn't have the same ring to it lol

Kailem

Kailem

But it's accurate, dammit! And everyone knows how much us crazy fans love our accuracy!  ;)

comicsupreme

comicsupreme

Looking into to getting some Aliens Neca figures but not sure which to pick up first. Does anybody recommend any figures.

Kailem

Kailem

While it's not completely up to date (it's missing the latest wave of Alien 3 figures), here's all the figures they've released so far (bar those three):

The oldest figures are at the top, going down to the newer ones at the bottom, so some of them you might not be able to find too easily anymore, or for less than ridiculously high prices.

The recent concept xeno (bottom right) has been very popular, but I guess it really just comes down to which one(s) you like the look of most and if you can find them anymore, depending on when they came out.

comicsupreme

comicsupreme

Ok thank you  ;D

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Corporal.Dwayne.Hicks on Aug 15, 2016, 04:17:52 PM
Looking into to getting some Aliens Neca figures but not sure which to pick up first. Does anybody recommend any figures.

You new to collecting figures too? The figures I have so far are the 7 inch Big Chap, Warrior alien, dog alien, and the sexy wonderful queen. I have her set up on a special place right next to where I make my coffee lol.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Corporal.Dwayne.Hicks on Aug 15, 2016, 04:17:52 PM

Definitely get the Alien: Isolation Xeno.

Prez

Prez

I have an old Neca Xeno Aliens warrior from 2007 on my shelf. Poor guy is falling apart as he was left in the sun on display in the shop I got him from.

Nothing a bit of hidden blutac can't fix.

Introduced him to my 6 year old daughter the other day - she was initially put off by how ugly he was but I gave him a name and said he's a friendly alien.

Parenting 101.

Also got Grid & one of the young Predators from AvP (series 1) too.

I'd love to get the Ripley figure from Aliens but that is so hard to find and on ebay it's going for some high prices. Might have to settle for the Alien Ripley figure.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Prez on Aug 17, 2016, 01:13:17 AM
Introduced him to my 6 year old daughter the other day - she was initially put off by how ugly he was

Nothing wrong with that.  Apparently.

The first 1979 Kenner figure was recommended for AGES 5 AND UP.  Later, Kenner's 1990's range of action figures the age recommendation was actually lowered.  The card backing the package displays AGES 4 AND UP.

Which makes your daughter just the right age to be playing with Alien toys.  Perfect, I say.   

-Windebieste.

Nostromo

Nostromo

;D
Quote from: Prez on Aug 17, 2016, 01:13:17 AM

Introduced him to my 6 year old daughter the other day - she was initially put off by how ugly he was

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was 5 the first time I watched Aliens. Then had nightmares for about 5 years.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think I saw Alien 3 while I was still in single figures, and I don't remember it affecting me. The Newborn freaked me out a bit the first time I saw that (still at primary school, I think).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed