ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 398,601 times)

happypred

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 04, 2014, 01:05:35 AM
I sincerely hope pre-date.

The Walmart Report doesn't have that ring to it

SM

predxeno

Quote from: sd perry on Sep 03, 2014, 03:19:44 AM
So, Corporal Hicks asked if I could hang out here for a couple of days to answer questions. Happy to do so; I'll check in every day for the rest of the week, at least. Feel free to ask whatever. And I totally agree with locusta--whatever the price, I'm also proud to be connected to this project. Being the voice of Weyland Yutani was great fun, and the layout they sent me to caption was awesome; I'm sure it's an amazing book.

Hi SD Perry (if you're still around), I'm a HUGE fan of your work and have read all your Aliens/AVP books.  I was REALLY excited to hear that you would be working on the Weyland-Yutani Report, it's so reassuring to know that a project of this magnitude was put in the hands of someone with a longstanding history in the franchise.  I just wanted to ask whether this Report will reference any of the events that you (and your father) have novelized in many of your stories; you guys are such great authors, it would be amazing to re-live your tales again in this book.

Local Trouble

Is SM taking questions now?

locusta

Quote from: happypred on Sep 04, 2014, 02:53:25 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 04, 2014, 01:05:35 AM
I sincerely hope pre-date.

The Walmart Report doesn't have that ring to it

The whole Walmart thing is only mentioned in the DC of ALIEN:Resurrection.  Therefor I personally consider it non existing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is that dog alien illustration a locusta original?

Also, who's idea was "Xenomorph XX121?"  An an avowed hater of the term "xenomorph" as it's come to be used by fans, I actually dig that idea a nice compromise.  Kudos to Ms. Perry if she came up with it.

The rest of that sample page about the facehugger pleases me considerably.  Sold.

locusta

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 04, 2014, 06:59:18 PM
Is that a dog alien illustration a locusta original?

Also, who's idea was "Xenomorph XX121?"  An an avowed hater of the term "xenomorph" as it's come to be used by fans, I actually dig that idea a nice compromise.  Kudos to Ms. Perry if she came up with it.

The rest of that sample page about the facehugger pleases me considerably.  Sold.

Thanx allot.

Well, the SideShow page was just updated and should hopefully not give away to much, but at least make more tease ;)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-insight-collectibles-902252/#

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Based on what I've seen so far, I seriously hope Fox assembles the same talent to mastermind the franchise for any other Alien-related projects in the future.

And I say that as an admitted bitter, old and cynical fan who lost faith in the series ages ago and now yells at kids to stay off my lawn.

HuDaFuK

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 04, 2014, 06:59:18 PM

Now you know why the huggers in the medlab didn't melt through the glass like they did with Kane's helmet visor.

And the Egg Morphing vs Queen issue has also been answered (to a certain extent).

Spoiler

[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 04, 2014, 06:59:18 PMAlso, who's idea was "Xenomorph XX121?"  An an avowed hater of the term "xenomorph" as it's come to be used by fans, I actually dig that idea a nice compromise.  Kudos to Ms. Perry if she came up with it.

I've no idea who originally came up with it, but it was used in Sea of Sorrows.

Quarax

I like that the actors' first names were used for some of the Prometheus characters.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Like how certain bits relating to David and Shaw's fate has been blanked out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed