AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,730 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I definitely prefer this than to Rodriguez's upcoming PREDATORS movie. Had Fox actually discovered Alex and his team, given them a major budget to work with, I think we definitely would've had a winner on our hands.

-Rakai'Thwei

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 15, 2010, 11:13:16 PM
I definitely prefer this than to Rodriguez's upcoming PREDATORS movie. Had Fox actually discovered Alex and his team, given them a major budget to work with, I think we definitely would've had a winner on our hands.

-Rakai'Thwei

Or not. Critics hate everything. They hated Peter Jackson's King Kong for gods sake, but they kissed up to Avatar.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Incredible work Alex. Very good job, especially with the budget and resources you had. Major respect!

chukabi

chukabi

Alex would you mind if I uploaded this film to megaupload or something so I can provide a link everyone can download?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I have my 50 inch HD Plasma hooked up to my iMac through HDMI. It looked really good upconverted, I would love to see an HD version!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RazorSlash on May 15, 2010, 11:15:54 PM
Or not. Critics hate everything. They hated Peter Jackson's King Kong for gods sake, but they kissed up to Avatar.
That's because King Kong was an overblown piece of shit that outstayed its welcome ninety minutes in and sucked all the fun and adventure out of a timeless classic and replaced it with a computer generated monkey skating on some f**king ice.

Any ETA on the YouTube version?

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

according to my subscriptions, Part 1 of the Youtube version has been posted.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Just saw the video and I thought it was kinda good, but not that great like Batman: Dead End. There were some fights in the film that there were either too rushed or there were just mimicking other films like the--

Spoiler
spartan kick from 300 and the Alien attacking from behind the Predator so that it can destroy it's plasma caster, which this reminds of the scene in AVPR.
[close]

I was also kinda disappointed about the--

Spoiler
death of the Predalien. Sure it kick the Predator's butt for a short period of time, but it was easily killed by an injured marine. Why he is still alive? I mean, I thought the ship was overrun by Aliens. Maybe he use "The Newt's Hide n' Sneak Technique" from the Aliens movie or something, I don't know.
[close]

But besides all of these few problems, I thought the movie was kinda interesting. It has a couple of good special effects here and there, a solid storyline, and it is definitely way better than AVPR, however, it wasn't that better than Paul W.S. Anderson's AVP and Alien: Resurrection. But so what? So what? The movie was supposed to be a fan film and all fan films aren't great. The reason why I like fan films is that they tribute our two favorite franchises of all time, and I respect that. :)

If Alex Popov didn't took any ideas from other films and rushed all fight scenes throughout the film, then this fan film would have been one of the greatest AVP fan films of all time.

If I have to rate this, I'll rate it an solid 3/5.

Good job, Alex Popov.  :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Just finished watching it and it definitely was on par with my expectations. I really loved it a lot, and kudos to Alex, especially when he worked on this by himself for a good 2 years, very nice f**king job and it only makes me wonder how much better it would have been if Alex wasn't alone on this project.

8.5/10

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'd kinda like to see the story of that marine that survived.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Would totally make for an awesome bonus.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Man, that was so good. Really.

It's people like you who will keep the fanbase thriving.

SiL

SiL

Watching Part 1.

Hell'a impressed.

UrbaneVirtuoso

UrbaneVirtuoso

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 16, 2010, 12:14:10 AM
I'd kinda like to see the story of that marine that survived.
Quote from: ShadowPred on May 16, 2010, 12:16:11 AM
Would totally make for an awesome bonus.

Word. It sure as hell seems like Alex could establish a short-story within this one, starring him. Fanfic perhaps? Either way, that'd be the icing on the cake - even if the marine lived a short life, it would be interesting to see his tale when (maybe prior) hell broke loose.

What would you call him though? I'd personally go for Pvt. Lambern. Fits him pretty well, imo.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Corporal William Sivasubramanian Chandrasegarampillai. He's part Indian.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed