AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,686 times)

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jan 29, 2009, 06:30:53 AM
hey everyone, no release date yet, but im working on it, one shot at a time, good news, today i got my predalien model, and its awesome !!! posting a few renders tonight

HOLY *****!  I cannot get over how AWSOME these look!  Alex, keep that up!  You totally made the Predalien less LAME for me now, thanks.  ;)

THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't know. I really don't like the skin-tone. What's wrong with the normal black. The paleness was always horrible about the PredAlien.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

At least it's not a bright and shiny yellow.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2009, 10:49:02 AM
I don't know. I really don't like the skin-tone. What's wrong with the normal black. The paleness was always horrible about the PredAlien.

well it has to have some more traits from predator than just the madibles and small portions of the dreds.

P.S Alex, how does the predalien come into play? is there a pred that got infected in the movie?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 30, 2009, 05:48:02 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2009, 10:49:02 AM

well it has to have some more traits from predator than just the madibles and small portions of the dreds.

Why? Mandibles give it away.

War Wager

War Wager

I don't have a problem with different coloured Aliens. Afterall, the DogAlien suited it's colour tone brillaintly. I've always seen the PredAlien being differently coloured from the human born ones. I'm not saying black wouldn't suit because it sure as heck would.

SiL

SiL

The colour is determined by the surroundings, not the host.

Alien - Cold metallic environment, cold metallic colouring.
Aliens - Black with blue highlights everywhere, same colouring.
Alien3 - Orange-brown/copper environment, same colouring on Alien.

Etc.

The only Alien to not follow this was the PredAlien with its yellow.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThe only Alien to not follow this was the PredAlien with its yellow.
Colorado had yellow street lamps.

QuoteAliens - Black with blue highlights everywhere, same colouring.
I remember a pic from an Aliens Alien where you see that its painted black/brown with yellow highlights to catch the light. Tom Woodruff said that when you look at them in broad daylight it looks almost like a halloween costume.

SiL

SiL

Touche!

But then look at how they look on-film.

Really the Aliens are light colours which lets the surroundings dictate how they look - The Alien in Alien 3 was actually ashen grey for the most part.

The only real exception has been from AR onwards, and Alien, where they were pretty much the colour that they wound up in the film.

alexpj19

alexpj19

well this is just a render with out any color correction, once its in the scene i'll color correct it to match the environment, i know for sure it will be darkish... thinking to add more spots, will play with the textures a little bit. i personally like black  or black and brown. will see.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

that is a great Predalien. sure as hell kicks Chet out of house. kinda lookes like the Dorman Predalien. I like it.

as long as he isn't gonna turn out to be a queen and try to use Chet's reproduction method, I'm happy.

I'm actualy gonna consider after seeing the film, wether to make it canon. I'm sure Its an awsome film, but I want to see it first.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 30, 2009, 05:48:02 PM

But Kane wasn't hairless. Where was Giger's Alien's hair?

War Wager

War Wager

But dreads clearly aren't like mammal hair, they're tube-like. And assuming Preds don't really need to keep they're head warm, the dreads must serve another purpose.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Could be a balance/sensory thing I always thought?

War Wager

War Wager

Heck mabye even something that allows them to live really long lives.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed