Mass project

Started by Urizen, Sep 06, 2007, 09:18:12 AM

Author
Mass project (Read 7,521 times)

Urizen

Urizen

Quote from: Dachande on Sep 07, 2007, 11:18:55 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Sep 07, 2007, 10:49:52 AM
The sites Alien fans could take care of the Aliens, the Pred fans of the Predators. We could have some people draw some of the scenes and we could... geez I'm getting ahead of myself!

I'm in too.  ;)

Aliens fans in charge of Alien stories and pred fans in charge of pred stories.....this is really going to work ¬__¬. What with all the preds being elite uber invicible warriors, that can kill 59287 Aliens with just wristblades. It will just be a plethora of stupid fanboy ideas

that is why i wanted we all go through anothers writing and avoid things like that, give alternative ideas and/or hints to improve everyones stories

Huol

Huol

I think it's safe to assume that i would not put forward silly fanboy ideas about super invincible "yautja" with acid proof armour...
Or a billion zillion aliens and 5 queens.  ::)

Urizen

Urizen

i'll drink to that one  :)

MudButt

MudButt

So when is this project going to get started?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You should probably post which of the two ideas you want to do first though.

arnold23

arnold23

Lets just have people sign up, post what kind of story is going to be done, and bam thats it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm doing a "james cameron" and doing an expedition 1 "treatment" right now.  Its basically just a thought bubble about how I would see the whole incident in the AvP2 game going down.

SM

SM

QuoteIt will just be a plethora of stupid fanboy ideas

The very essence of fanfic.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I often use it experimentally to test the waters and see how the average joe likes my work.

But I have no shame.

Master Chief

Master Chief

So did this idea die or have the people that volunteered to make this a reality start with the "mass project"?

War Wager

War Wager

A lot of people think that we'll come up with stupid ideas...  ::)

It was a good idea.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

I think we need some kind of quality control so:

1: We don't get crappy stories.

2: We don't get uber-fan biased stories (e.g, An alien queen that slaughters hundreds of armed marines, or a pred who takes on three T-Rexes etc...)

I mean, it's a good idea, but I personally wouldn't like to see stories revolving around the idea that one species is superior.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 18, 2007, 08:00:15 PM
A lot of people think that we'll come up with stupid ideas...  ::)

Why do you care what those people think?

Quote from: Kriszilla on Sep 18, 2007, 08:04:11 PM
I think we need some kind of quality control so:
1: We don't get crappy stories.
2: We don't get uber-fan biased stories (e.g, An alien queen that slaughters hundreds of armed marines, or a pred who takes on three T-Rexes etc...)
I mean, it's a good idea, but I personally wouldn't like to see stories revolving around the idea that one species is superior.

1.  The only way that you are going to control it is if you're communicating outside of this website.

2.  Choose the writers carefully.

Hey, if all else fails, let "man" win...we're always the last one standing anyway.

War Wager

War Wager

Who are the talented writers?

Master Chief

Master Chief

If you're asking me, I have no Idea.  Looking through this thread, there are only a handful of people who have volunteered to help out.  Start PM'ing them and get the ball rollin'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed