Alien 5...by me.

Started by Vitriol, Jan 07, 2012, 05:26:33 AM

Author
Alien 5...by me. (Read 824 times)

Vitriol

Vitriol

So, looking through some folders on my old laptop I found this little piece that I'd been working on a couple of years ago. Thought I'd share it for some amusement...

Be aware, it doesn't actually go anywhere, it's just the set up - like most of my stories  ;D

FADE IN: EXT. PLANET SURFACE - DUSK

ANGLE -- PANNING HORIZON

The jagged and mountainous horizon of AR-12-22 slowly rolls by - backlit by the deep orange hue of the evening sky. Ragged winds are sweeping the landscape - rolling up warm clouds of red dust. A peaceful sunset gradually comes into view - a giant burning star gently descends - a smaller planetoid partially eclipses it

CAMERA FLARE AS SUN CENTRES INTO MIDDLE OF FRAME

TITLE APPEARS

Sun gradually slides away behind the horizon

FADE TO BLACK

SCREEN FLICKERS - CRACKLING STATIC - A VIDEO PLAY BACK BEGINS

The video switches between various scenes interjected by flashes of static interference:

Several satellite image-feeds of the planet's terrain from high altitude

Surface becomes closer

Ground-view panaramic showing strange domes and complex structures

ancient alien ruins

crumbling monoliths of a by gone era

A team of scientists analysing data

A colossal space craft lowering a cargo shipment down onto a busy construction site

thundering locomotives shifting tonnes of rock and sand

Towering cranes manoeuvring giant steel girders into position

Robotic machinery bolting steel panels into place

A new facility being constructed on a newly discovered world

a gleeful celebratory shot of several scientists infront of  the installation

INT. NAKAMURA'S QUARTERS - "C" LEVEL

ANGLE -- ZOOMING OUT FROM FLICKERING VIDEO SCREEN

chief science officer NAKAMURA is leaning back in his chair, relaxed - feet up on table and drinking coffee. The holo-screen in front of him still playing back mission entry logs from the past 3 years - the blue hue dimly illuminating his unkempt work-station.

Doorbell buzzes

NAKAMURA
Enter and state your business

Cheif drilling engineer BOLTON enters the room

BOLTON
(notices Nakamura viewing the video-screen)
Taking a trip down nostalgia lane?

NAKAMURA
It's easy to lose your bearings sometimes Mr. Bolton - I like to see how far we've come

BOLTON
and how far is that exactly, sir?

NAKAMURA
Not far enough.

He terminates the video-screen and activates a switch -- a panel on the wall hisses gently and slides away revealing a long rectangular window
Brilliant white light floods the room

BOLTON
Well, maybe this'll change your mind - we broke through today. And the data was accurate...it's an underground network.

Nakamura lights a cigarette

BOLTON
The most intact alien architecture we've seen so far

NAKAMURA
Did you get any video of the site?

BOLTON
I wanted you to come down and see it for yourself. I want to get a team together today and head out. It's...wonderful, sir. It's...the sphynx - the f**king pyramids of Giza!

NAKAMURA
(takes a draw from cigarette)
Atlantis?

BOLTON
(smiling)
I think so.

EXT. DESERT - 70 KM FROM FACILITY- DAY

A large spacecraft descends to the ground, flaring up clouds of sand

A ramp lowers and people begin to disembark

large machinery and cargo boxes being lowered via winch from the craft's service hatch

Chains and steel ropes flail in the wind

ANGLE -- WIDE SHOT

A colossal drilling device towers over the site - a deep hole in the ground surrounded by rubble and various digging machinery

tarpaulin sheets covering equiment bluster in the sand-ridden wind

Nakamura, Bolton and co-cheif science officer CLAY descend the ramp

NAKAMURA
(to Bolton)

I see you guys have been busy

BOLTON
It's the first bit of real work we've had around here in months. My boys were missin what they're good at.

NAKAMURA
Understandable.

BOLTON
They should have completed the service elevator by now, and we're in the process of getting some more flood-lights down there.

CLAY
How much of the site have you explored Mr. Bolton?

BOLTON
Judging by the 'echo-pulse', the whole installation spans 5km. And there are numerous levels. I'd say we've seen maybe only 10% of it so far.

INT. ELEVATOR

The men descend underground - the light above them slowly fades.

The elevator shudders and the metallic whirr of the lift-mechanism ceases as they reach the bottom. The caged door of the elevator slides away.

The team steps out.

A massive cavern, alien designed lattices form the walls of the room.

Ribbed support structures give the impression of being inside a living organism.

Flood-lights illuminate the cave.

Scientists are busy at work.

BOLTON
(to Nakamura)

Impressed?

NAKAMURA
I am...in awe. Well done Frank. You've really scored big here.

BOLTON
Thankyou, sir. It's a great day for all of us on the team.

CLAY
(trying to hide his boyish enthusiasm)

I suppose we should take a tour of the place.

NAKAMURA
Agreed. Time to become familiar with the place - looks like we'll be spending a lot of time down here.

CLAY
(in a sense of wonder)

I feel at home here already.

Bolton, Nakamura and Clay navigate through the alien labyrinth.

More displays of impressive yet bizarre architecture.

The complex structures seems not have been built - but GROWN

(Nakamura recieves a radio transmission)

NAKAMURA
What is it?

HYDRICK
Sir, we found another big guy.

SCENE ABRUPTLY SWITCHES:

A giant fossilized alien creature fused into a chair-like device.

It's empty eye-sockets woeful, mouth agape.

Clay, Nakamura, Bolton and chief Archaeologist HYDRICK are gathered around it.

CLAY
What you think killed this one?

HYDRICK
Hard to tell. But there's a big piece missing from the top of his head - that might have something to do with it.

BOLTON
These things give me the creeps - hard to believe the were ever alive. They're like statues.

Chief biologist KAPLINSKY appears from behind

KAPLINSKY
Of course - although without their bio-mechanical exo-skeleton I'm sure they would have appeared to be quite organic. Unfortunately due to the levels of decomposition on the one's we've found so far, it makes it incredibly difficult to deduce much about their biology. However, I would assume they weren't much different from you and I.

CLAY
They seemed to be a peaceful race...

KAPLINSKY
(laughing)
Ofcourse, there are certainly some differences.

Nakamura scoffs.

NAKAMURA
I believe they fell victim to their own technology, wiped themselves out. Something we've yet to do.

KAPLINSKY
I'm well aware of your speculation, sir. Although I disagree entirely. They were in harmony with their technology. To the point they were fused with it on an organic level...

NAKAMURA
(slight sarcastic tone)
Yes, I've read your reports, miss Kaplinsky. You speculate these chairs were an interface of some kind, integrated with their bodies - operating their technology via a complex neural network.

KAPLINSKY
That is correct, sir. It would explain why you don't see any on or off switches anywhere do you? Or input terminals? Or seemingly no means of generating power? They themselves were the generators.
I theorize they were wiped out by an inter-stellar war - started not on their accord.

(silence follows)

BOLTON
They still give me the creeps.

KAPLINSKY
(walking away)
Frank, you give me the creeps

CLAY
(to Bolton)
I think she likes you...

A week passes - a new research base is set up around the site of the new excavation. Knowledge of the planet's original inhabitants increases - more alien technology has been discovered. A new air of enthusiasm envelopes the community.

INT. NAKAMURA'S QUARTERS - DUSK

Nakamura sits at his work station, feet up, smoking, running over the recent video logs

The rectangular window behind him

reddish evening light lazily beams into the room

silhouetting his pose

An electronic buzz sounds from a terminal infront of him

A light blue holo-screen pops up infront of his face

A soft automated female voice sounds:
"Nakamura, You are being hailed. Shall I connect?"

NAKAMURA
Yes, bring it up

"Sorry, incorrect command - you are being - "

NAKAMURA
Yes, connect! Jesus...

Clay's face flickers onto the screen

NAKAMURA
Matt, how is things?

CLAY
Hey, well...I'm a good few light years from home, I'm stuck in some alien cave with a bunch of nut-jobs, and I really need a f**king drink. Apart from that, all fine and dandy sir.

NAKAMURA
You're part of scientific history mr. Clay! Where's the enthusiasm you had a week ago?

CLAY
Kaplinsky's gradually run me down, mate. Honestly - it's like working with a droid sometimes...

NAKAMURA
(laughs)
what do have to tell me today my poor friend?

CLAY
We've found something interesting.

NAKAMURA
(sarcastically)
Yes, I have been keeping up with recent events you know.

CLAY
A chamber...some sort of cryogenic compartment we think.

Nakamura leans forward

CLAY
It was sealed...so we used a few seismics to blow the door in. The whole room seems to be...I don't know, like a laboratory. It's all frozen over though.

NAKAMURA
Intriguing. Anything else?

CLAY
Well yes...there's light.

NAKAMURA
Elaborate

CLAY
I mean, there's light! artificial sources of light still functioning! I know you're busy but I really think you should be out here and check this out.

NAKAMURA
(rubs his face)
I'll be on my way

CLAY
Great. I'll get them to prep the ship for you.

(referring to their spacecraft)

NAKAMURA
No need, Matt. I'll take the Speeder out.

CLAY
Whatever you say, sir. Just watch yourself when you reach the red-line, she'll get a bit jittery - and make sure the coil doesn't over-heat! Just keep a steady-

Nakamura terminates the screen as Clay is still speaking.

SCENE SWITCHES ABRUPTLY: EXT. DESERT - DUSK

Nakamura zips by in a fury of raging dust clouds, hovering several feet above the jagged terrain.

He fearlessly darts from side to side narrowly avoiding protruding rock formations

Nakamura smiles as he pulls back the accelerator even harder.

The engine whines and roars

He zooms through a canyon, lowering his altitude to narrowly avoid a fallen tower of rock blocking his path

Blue engine-plasma flare streams behind him

Tearing up the desert

TBC

Woops, awfully sorry mods. Should probably move this to the fan fiction forum...my only excuse for this heinous crime is that I'm at work on the 9th hour of a night-shift and I'm rather fatigued...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed