SP DLC Speculation

Started by JokersWarPig, Feb 24, 2013, 07:34:10 PM

Author
SP DLC Speculation (Read 63,947 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I noticed in the Season Pass thread there was some talk about singe player DLC. The game isn't the best but I'm usually a sucker for single player add on's. Anyone want to speculate on what it could be?
I personally think, and wouldn't mind if in the DLC we played as Keyes and his squad when they first boarded the Sulaco. We would then follow his squads original mission until things fell apart and the squad was picked off one by one or obliterated in an ambush like the hive ambush from the film. The DLC could even go as far as to let you play right up until Keyes' death.

Thats just my personal opinion, I'd rather that then playing as Hicks fighting the Merc boarding party that's been hinted to. I wouldn't waste money on that.

Nutlink

Nutlink

Pretty sure a Hicks boarding company would be a given.  Keyes would be an interesting one, or at least someone from that whole scenario.  I wouldn't be surprised at a flashback scene with the Sulaco crew on the original fight too.  Hell, maybe even a Wey-Yu merc on Fury 161 cleaning up an infestation that somehow broke out there, because, you know canonz!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Aceburster

Aceburster

Its looking pretty obvious that Hicks vs WY is going to be a DLC. Theres another one that might be possible and it worries me a LOT. At first I figured Hudson would have a DLC full of Xenos in order to balance out the other mini campaign.

In the main character file that sets the character model references and the player names for SINGLE PLAYER, there are references to Apone and Drake in with ONeal Bella Cruz and all the generics like "Romerio" and all those... I didnt see Hudson though. At the same time I dont remember Winter being in there either.

I dont recall who got cocooned and who flatlined off the top of my head but you could easily swap Bella for Apone with a pulse rifle, and ONeal for Drake with the smart gun. Its a stupid idea for lots of reasons but at this point anything is possible.

Cal427eb

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Hicks " That's the short version, there is a longer version"

foreshadowing

Slaine

Slaine

I've been following the game's development for years, and have always dreamt of how cool the DLCs could be. Since they were recreating Hadley's Hope, I would have loved to be able to play through the actual movie's sequences; such as being one of the marines in the first hive sequence, or playing as Ripley as she drives the APC through to save them or driving the Power Loader against the queen, or doing the whole last stand when Hudson is taken, or even playing as Bishop and you get to pilot the dropship to rescue Ripley....and since a few of the characters for into the game are now playable, it was almost possible...

...if the game wasn't so bad. I think my expectation got the better of me..there aren't even any vehicle sections. The AI is so horrible that any last stand against the Xenos would just be a bore. And I pretty much doubt, now, that any DLC would be move-themed levels.

So yeah, my ultimate DLC would be to literally play through the Aliens movie, or at least the very iconic scenes. No way will that happen..sigh.

Elicas

Elicas

My prediction: It'll be shit and not worth the money.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 24, 2013, 11:20:40 PM
Truth!

ikarop

ikarop

I haven't been able to fully confirm this yet but some of the things I've heard about the DLC are that we'll get to see more of the massive W-Y ship. We'll learn more about Hicks. DLC is being worked on by GBX currently and most of the packs are in the final stages. Two teams were dedicated to the game prior release, one for DLC and one for the main game.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 25, 2013, 12:10:54 AM
I haven't been able to fully confirm this yet but some of the things I've heard about the DLC are that we'll get to see more of the massive W-Y ship. We'll learn more about Hicks. DLC is being worked on by GBX currently and most of the packs are in the final stages. Two teams were dedicated to the game prior release, one for DLC and one for the main game.

Lies, with this quality I doubt it even had one team! :P

(I kid)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I was just thinking about making a topic about this. I guessed pretty much the same thing you guys did, that we'd get some Hicks DLC. Frankly I don't have a problem with that, I dunno.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 24, 2013, 11:21:11 PM
Quote from: Elicas on Feb 24, 2013, 11:20:40 PM
Truth!
Like the game itself.

The Runner

The Runner

I wonder if there will be more new Xenomorphs in the DLC?

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 25, 2013, 12:47:00 AM
I wonder if there will be more new Xenomorphs in the DLC?

Give me my Dog Alien!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed