My DVD OCD!

Started by Fiorina 161, Oct 25, 2007, 07:10:20 PM

Author
My DVD OCD! (Read 854 times)

Fiorina 161

Fiorina 161

Does anyone else have quirks about their movie dvds?

Over the last 5 years I have accumulated over 700 dvd's. I keep them arranged on specially bought shelves which dominate a whole wall in my bedroom. Sometimes I wonder if my behaviour regarding these films could be considered OCD... For example;

Some people arrange their DVDs in alphabetical order. This is a mistake! For example, Evil Dead and Army of Darkness are seperated by this system when they belong together! Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Oldboy and Lady Vengeance are split! How I arrange my films are:

First they are arranged in franchises; The Alien films, Indiana Jones, Terminator Trilogy etc.

After this, the movies are arranged by director; QT, Romero, Kubrick, Raimi etc. However, this is superceded by the above rule; although Cameron directed Aliens, Aliens does not appear in the Cameron section because it is part of a franchise.

The remainders get place in genre; comedy, action etc.

Then I have the TV section and Music Video Section, which are whole different ballgames.

It takes a lot of trust in a friend before I lend out DVDs. And when I see the empty space where one should be it kinda bugs me!

I also have a thing about the double disc sets which are in one dvd case and have the 2nd dvd holder as a plastic bit that flips out when you open them. I hate these cases. The flippable middle bit I have found slowly cracks the dvd from the middle. In some cases I replace the case, if I dont the feature disc ALWAYS goes in the main case holder, as I care more fore the film than the special features.

I am a completist. I hated AVP but bought it purely because its the only Alien film I didnt have. I own Robocop 3 for christs sake!

Please tell me I am not alone with some of these quirks, cos I thought I was normal until I told someone about the way I arrange my dvds and he couldnt stop laughing... :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed