AvP Redemption Released!

Started by Darkness, May 15, 2010, 12:17:24 PM

Author
AvP Redemption Released! (Read 32,134 times)

Gnome Smasher

Gnome Smasher

That was a pretty awesome fan film!  Predalien design was pretty cool.  Loved the predator shield idea!

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

reli smart, awesome, thx alex

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

szuran - While I can understand your anger, I would have to say that you needn't be so harsh, however, I do see what you are saying. It is a fan film, and certainly not a polished work, but it's still a vast improvement over a good portion of the avp fan films. You must also realize that the people in this forum use extremely hyperbolic speech a lot of the time, so when you see inordinately grandiose praise, you may be quick to bash it as I likely would, simply because it does nothing to allow artistic improvement. nothing is ever done, only abandoned, as was the case with certain elements here.

STILL: A grand work. I will not say it can't be outdone but I will say it is a worthy installment in fan fiction.

ALEX - You did a fine job with what you had, but try not to lash out at people like that. Typically those that are that outraged are ignorant to this process to begin with, so keep that in mind, otherwise it diminishes class. As I imagine, you would like to be a filmmaker for a living, or in the film world.. to do so not only takes tenacity, but humility and the ability to show restraint in the face of criticism.

On a technical note, I know why the queen was not as mobile as it could have been, there aren't enough edge loops in that model you used. I took that same model and rebuilt it from scratch for my own avp fan film. if you make a sequel i would gladly let you use it!

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

rockinyautja: I agree with you that it should take more than one alien to kill a predator, but it's funny that you're mentioning the comics, which aren't canon. It's the movies you should go by.

Saying that the aliens don't stand a chance is incredibly stupid. It's all about how experienced the predator is. In the first AvP-movie, two Predators died at the claws of one Alien. In the second, the Predator whooped tons of alien ass. While both movies are stupid, they make a point: It's all about the experience in the Predators. And the number of aliens to top that, ofc.

Oh, and a Queen should probably be considered equal to that of an Elder.

Vorennaal

Vorennaal

ALEX: Could you hint us some making of stuff? That would be so cool!!!

cubanb82

cubanb82

I didn't watch the end, I just wanted to make sure you gave credit to the model builders, namely Swilhelm, the modeler who is responsible for the Aliens these guys are praising you for.

MxBxM

MxBxM

AvP started in comics, not as movies. Sure, there is the skull in Pred 2, but the actual fights and all that come from comics. I understand why Alien fans are angry, but a Xeno that comes from humans would never kill an equipped, experienced, full-blooded Pred. A youngblood or un-blooded Pred if not equipped properly, could lose or be severly wounded by an Alien. I guess if the fights would have been 1 Xeno at a time,that would have being less offensive. The Predalien fight did surprise me a bit, even though he wounded the Pre,but he was not killed by the Pred. He had a full rifle clip unloaded to his brains. The Queen though, she would tear a Pred up without a Plasma cannon or better weaponry than the wristblades. If you cannot understand that as an Alien fan, then there will be nothing that will heal your wounded feelings untilyou see a chestburster killing all the Preds in existance. Then you will say, that is how it was supposed to be.

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

Animation was decent, looked good, but seriously, this world is too full of predator biased assholes. I mean, ONE predator would never be able to take down so many aliens. Now don't get mad at me, because if I made an aliens biased movie with one alien killing so many preds, all you predator fanboys would be chewing me out. It just pisses me off so badly that the world is so predator biased. I hate AVP 2010 because, (lets be real people) ONE predator would not be able to take down so many aliens at one time.(I doubt anyone counts AVPR) All of these AVP renditions should really be called PPABTIABOPBT(Predator pwns aliens because the is a bunch of predator biased trash) people should be completely unbiased when they make movies like this. This is complete bullshit. A singular alien is twice as strong as any pred muscle wize. Now, lets see how many death threats Ill get for this.

alexpj19

alexpj19

avp:Redemption is on Youtube now in 3 Parts (mini series) here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/alexpj19

check out the rest of my videos , and subscribe if you want :)

alexpj19

alexpj19

@ cubanb82 , don't you worry, i dont take a credit for the Alien 3d Models, never have, so just chill, thats not what people quote "praising" me for. plus check the credits first before, saying shit like that, everyone got credited for everything. don't be jealous and finish your short film. im sure everyone will like it as much.

NickRude

NickRude

Finally another proper looking Predalien.  That was one of my biggest problems with AVP R.  Very well done short.  Nice CGI, decent Pred design and i liked the little addition to the Predator language.  My one complaint tho is the little daggers the Pred had... not so good for killing aliens due to the acid splash but other than that very well done.  I hope someone at Fox watches this and gives some screenwriter who has a clue about what us fans want a shot at a proper AVP movie

gyro

gyro

YAHOOOOOOOOO  ;D

Starkiller

Starkiller

not bad for a fan film, much respect to alex for putting something like that together, however felt more like a game than a film. peace!

Starkiller

Starkiller

i agree with Gnome Smasher, the wrist shield was a good idea. i think that could be expanded on, to make another weapon, maybe it cud detach and became like a smart disc, just an idea.

frostedone

frostedone

Very VERY nice work Alex! I enjoyed this more then the AVP movies, and the last two alien films.

You should be very proud. This is what Aliens vs Predator is supposed to be. You did a better job at making a film with a $500 budget the some people make with $60,000,000 budgets. Kudos.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed