Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,197 times)

razeak

razeak

PS4 Nier Automata
XOne Friday the 13th
Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I just finished Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS. It is excellent.

Nier and Xeno are also great. Friday has some bugs, but I'm having a blast. It's very fun once you get past the learning curve.

Wysps

Wysps

Doom (2016)- Pillaging my way through campaign and snapmaps
The Forest
Borderlands: The Pre-sequel
Skyrim- I feel like I'm going to be playing this forever

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished off Rise of the Tomb Raider with 100% completion. It was pretty good on the whole, but I liked the 2013 game more.

theDecline84

theDecline84

Currently Playing AVP 2010 (replay) for PS3 doing the USCM story :) might play the predator story next. Also playing west of loathing on the ol PC.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Going to try The Stanley Parable

PredBabe

PredBabe

So I started playing Outlast for 10 minutes before having to shut it off to calm my nerves.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Played through the Safe Haven DLC for Isolation last night.

Really like the new Salvage gameplay mode. Despite what I've heard, it really wasn't too tough, with the exception of the final task that involved crawling around a mainframe room hacking multiple consoles while being hunted by a pair of Aliens that just wouldn't sod off.

Thank God for the save feature because these two assholes killed me time and time again.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing AvP 2010 with the objective of collecting all the audio logs. It's really an underrated game.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's decent, but it's seriously hampered by the way they just recycled the same five levels for every campaign. Some of the concept art from before their budget got slashed looked like a far better game.

Also the fact the matchmaking was so totally broken (on consoles at least) totally killed what was otherwise a great multiplayer.

Wweyland

Wweyland

It's weird that the Marine has no crouch function. There's small stuff like that lacks polish.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 16, 2018, 10:27:52 AM
It's decent, but it's seriously hampered by the way they just recycled the same five levels for every campaign. Some of the concept art from before their budget got slashed looked like a far better game.

The problem with this was it just didn't work for some of the factions. The marine missions out in the jungle just weren't as good as the colony or the pyramid.

QuoteAlso the fact the matchmaking was so totally broken (on consoles at least) totally killed what was otherwise a great multiplayer.

Yeah, used to be a f**ker on 360. Used to sit there reading Prey while waiting for it to find a game. Thankfully it's all good on the PC.

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 16, 2018, 10:30:44 AM
It's weird that the Marine has no crouch function. There's small stuff like that lacks polish.

That was something that just didn't really bother me. I think when fighting the combat synths I missed it but otherwise I didn't care.

That said, I do love 2010. I think it is somewhat under-rated. It wasn't a bad game by any stretch.

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

Right now I'm playing a Flash version of the Leading Edge Games' 'Aliens' boardgame. It's really good and it's a great conversion of the original game, which I played to death and bought the expansions for.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/408816

Vertigo

Vertigo

I've made several attempts to replay AvP 2010, but never go beyond the first level. It feels slow and jerky, with the 60 FPS limit, lots of mouse lag, confined FOV, motion blur and being uncomfortably dark. Alien Isolation proved that a game can still be scary despite being able to actually see things. The lack of crouching isn't a big deal in itself, but is a prime example of the lack of fluidity. It feels like a console game, in the worst way.

It's a shame, because the art and design in that game is spectacular. I'd love to experience it again, but the fundamental gameplay system is a prohibiting factor for me.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 16, 2018, 09:44:55 AM
Played through the Safe Haven DLC for Isolation last night.

Really like the new Salvage gameplay mode. Despite what I've heard, it really wasn't too tough, with the exception of the final task that involved crawling around a mainframe room hacking multiple consoles while being hunted by a pair of Aliens that just wouldn't sod off.

Thank God for the save feature because these two assholes killed me time and time again.

Just re-started Alien Isolation on nightmare mode.  I have all the DLC but not played the survivor modes.  Will defo play them soon but I highly doubt I'll do them in any fast time :D Been watching a lot of A:I game streams on both Twitch & Mixer and none of them stream the survivor modes so I might have a go at streaming them on Mixer.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 16, 2018, 08:14:26 PMJust re-started Alien Isolation on nightmare mode.

I've not actually played the main game on nightmare. How does it differ from hard? Is there a noticeable difference?

I've beat the main game about three or four times on hard now, and I feel like the more I play the more I learn all the little tricks and tactics that help you deal with and survive the Alien. It's actually not too observant once you get over the initial "Oh shit!" factor, you can be quite brazen around it if you know what you're doing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed