Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic)

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 08, 2016, 07:51:18 PM

Author
Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic) (Read 41,448 times)

Ultramorph

Yeah, I'm worried about the hybrids, too. Hopefully we get some "true" xenomorphs, as well. At least Mooneyham is doing the art, so it'll look nice either way.

happypred

This is out in July?

EJA

Can we be sure IDW Dredd is a different universe to 2000 AD Dredd? I know the year One series was intended to be the original continuity.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: EJA on Jun 29, 2016, 05:56:42 PM
Can we be sure IDW Dredd is a different universe to 2000 AD Dredd?

According to Wikipedia, the IDW Dredd is an alternative version of the 2000 AD Dredd. It is listed as an alternative version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd#Alternative_versions

Also there is this tidbit:

QuoteJudge Dredd is a comic book series by IDW Publishing, based on the character of Judge Dredd from the British comic magazines 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine. The series is made up of an ongoing series, Judge Dredd, and occasionally a miniseries. There is also a third series, titled Judge Dredd - Classics, which is a republishing, in color, of the original British stories and is not part of the IDW continuity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd_(IDW_Publishing)

So there you have it.. IDW Dredd is a whole other universe.

Predator vs Judge Dredd and Aliens vs Judge Dredd: Incubus all took place in the 2000 AD Dredd Universe, along side with the Batman/Dredd crossovers and are considered canon in the Dredd franchise. But where this new comic takes place, either in 2000 AD or IDW universes, is relatively unknown right now at this point.

Personally... I'd prefer it in the IDW universe in case they do wanna throw in that PREDATORS/Prometheus schlock.

happypred

This type of art is right up my alley

Spoiler

[close]

Ultramorph

Agreed, it's good to have Mooneyham back!

happypred

Still think Predator F&S looks better though...maybe the colouring

Ultramorph

AiPT has a review of #1, and it's positive (8/10), but beware of spoilers.
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/07/05/predator-vs-judge-dredd-vs-aliens-1-advance-review/

Corporal Hicks

Whiskeybrewer

When does this come out again?

Ultramorph

#1 comes out on July 27th.

Whiskeybrewer

happypred

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 14, 2016, 06:50:44 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:11 PM
#1 comes out on July 27th.

Ah cool. Thanks :)

Who has already read this? Any good?

RakaiThwei

I'll be sure to get this on Friday when I go to my new comic book store..

Hopefully, it'll be good and hopefully it won't have any Prometheus or PREDATORS references.. and if it does.. hopefully it will be set in the IDW Dredd universe, and not the 2000 AD Dredd universe where the previous two crossovers happened.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed