About explosion again...

Started by Russian_Predator, Aug 07, 2008, 07:15:35 AM

Author
About explosion again... (Read 740 times)

Russian_Predator

Russian_Predator

The explosion vaporized two hundred acres of rain forest. The effect of a low-yield nuclear blast, with no radioactive fallout. (c) Keyes

heh, it was absolutely no nuclear weapon?  :P

but in movie he said:

QuotePeter Keyes: Punch up for me. Ten years ago one of his kind stalked and eliminated an elite special forces crew in central America. There were two survivors. They indicated that when trapped, the creature activated a self-destruct device that destroyed enough rainforest to cover 300 city blocks. Remarkable weaponry. That's right lieutenant. Other-world life-forms.

200 acres (~0.8 km2) = 300 city blocks?  ??? ??? ???

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

They don't necessarily equal each other in area. It's more likely a change, just like dropping the line about it being non-nuclear.

Frankly, I don't know which its larger though...

Layorz

Layorz

Well I dont think theres a general size for a city block anyway, its just a general term for a large area.

Russian_Predator

Russian_Predator

Fantastic idea about origin of explosion. ^^

It was something partially similar on particle beam accelerator in Smelter Skelter (episode of Space Precinct series), but with explosive force. It was activated by Predator from his hand computer. It created spheroid force field of some particle beam. And something inside of this spheroid has blown up. ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed