Chinese Edit of Covenant Has No Aliens?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 06, 2017, 02:40:29 PM

Author
Chinese Edit of Covenant Has No Aliens? (Read 48,806 times)

0321recon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 06, 2017, 09:45:57 PM
I'm shitting you not guys... I'm holding out my opinion until I get to see this cut because there is a chance it could be great.  :laugh:
:laugh:

acrediblesource

No aliens means what?
Just footage or story wise. We get a hashtag #f**kyou and people go nuts. lol. this is unprecedented prejudice.

whiterabbit

I think when they said no aliens they mean no xenomorphs, except that there is about 10 seconds of a xenomorph head shot. However the neomorphs are still in it and have a little bit more time. This cut could be more philosophical and way less 3rd act, which as I recall, is what what people complained about.

There is one hell of a great pg-13 movie in Alien: Covenant. If edited right.

MnTd

ACTUALLY... The creature f/x in COVENANT is so awful, it might actually make it a better film.
At least you wouldn't be jarred out of the movie every time it shows a cartoon, CGI monster.

REALLY disappointed with how bad the f/x were, and that they decided on CGI of all things to
do what has always been best done with robotics, suits and clever editing techniques.

Gash

Quote from: MnTd on Jun 06, 2017, 11:36:40 PM
ACTUALLY... The creature f/x in COVENANT is so awful, it might actually make it a better film.
At least you wouldn't be jarred out of the movie every time it shows a cartoon, CGI monster.

REALLY disappointed with how bad the f/x were, and that they decided on CGI of all things to
do what has always been best done with robotics, suits and clever editing techniques.

I must have seen a different film.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Well, that's an extreme punch in the nuts to its prospects there if it had any.

This has a ton of info on the matter, and talks about a recent law even allowing something like it to be released there:

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/film/asia/alien-covenant-sets-june-release-date-in-china-1202416533/amp/

Does anyone have any comparisons or info or know how the other films were treated there?

MnTd

Do the Chinese BLURAYS release the same versions shown in Chinese theaters?
If so, I would be very interested in getting the Chinese bluray!!!
It would be great if someone would break down exactly what is gone and what new exists!
Less CGI, less stupid super hero type action scenes and more dialog could be great!

juxtapose

i cannot believe people being so upset about the creature fx in covenant and not wanting to see the alien to make it more mysterious. .go watch alien then, it worked for the first movie, but after aliens you seriously can't go back. .the more i get to see of it the better. .i wonder if the facehuggers was cut in this chinese version ?

gantarat

Quote from: MnTd on Jun 06, 2017, 11:46:22 PM
Do the Chinese BLURAYS release the same versions shown in Chinese theaters?
If so, I would be very interested in getting the Chinese bluray!!!
It would be great if someone would break down exactly what is gone and what new exists!
Less CGI, less stupid super hero type action scenes and more dialog could be great!

They do it's call Mainland China Cut
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Prometheus-Blu-ray/65795/

Highland

Highland

It could possibly work if you cut out the first xeno ( which I thought should have been done anyway) then the ending of the movie is just the Lope burster chase and ending ( with shower scene cut). There's no gore there, just the Alien chase and then out the space lock.

Funnily enough, that cut of the movie removes most of the horrendous scenes ( Oram looking in egg, shower scene, dumbest Alien in the Universe jumping into cranes jaws) and probably fixes the terrible end pacing.

Maybe the Chinese have accidentally made a better cut of the movie lol

Edit: it would probably also remove the "I'm just going for a walk to die down this corridor scene"

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 06, 2017, 11:23:35 PM
I think when they said no aliens they mean no xenomorphs, except that there is about 10 seconds of a xenomorph head shot. However the neomorphs are still in it and have a little bit more time. This cut could be more philosophical and way less 3rd act, which as I recall, is what what people complained about.

There is one hell of a great pg-13 movie in Alien: Covenant. If edited right.

Yes! Most of the issues that I had with the film were in the third act since it felt they shoehorned 'Alien' into the finale. The first two acts felt almost like a true sequel to Prometheus until the end. So, if they cut all of that, and perhaps added some stuff back like 'The Crossing' with Noomi then I'd say good! 

I see for the Prometheus blu-ray they sell a version with two cuts, so if they do this for Covenant, I'd order that blu-ray.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Prometheus-3D-Blu-ray/65794/

D88M

that makes no sense but i am very curious to see how it turned out

Richman678

Well the CG was pretty terrible so maybe it will get better?

juxtapose

Quote from: Richman678 on Jun 07, 2017, 02:03:00 AM
Well the CG was pretty terrible so maybe it will get better?
no i thought the cg was awesome. .i mean c'mon a guy in a suit lurking in the shadows.  . I've seen that movie already

426Buddy

I thought thw cgi was good overall but i would have greatly preferred them to use practical and cgi together more instead of painting over all of tbe practical.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed