AVP: Extinction...

Started by Quick N Slick, Mar 24, 2010, 12:51:02 PM

Author
AVP: Extinction... (Read 3,005 times)

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Just played through the Marines' campaign (hope the others turn out to be easier, this was a toal b!tch for difficulty) & it just ends. WTF!? No movie as a reward? Not even a parapgarph or two on what happened? There wasn't even a, "Congratulations" on-screen. That is so damn poor.

Please tell me there isn't literally no reward for the other missions as well.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

There is no rewards whatsoever. Though I think if you do all missions with gold medal or higher you unlock cheats, but I'm not too sure. I honestly can't believe you found it hard.

Hollowhero

Hollowhero

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Mar 24, 2010, 01:57:29 PM
There is no rewards whatsoever. Though I think if you do all missions with gold medal or higher you unlock cheats, but I'm not too sure. I honestly can't believe you found it hard.

I did back then. in fact i think it annoyed me so i played the others instead

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Thought it was piss easy even in Nightmare. Jus' lots'a Medics, Smartgunners, Marines and if your assaulting a hive use Flamethrowers.

Bmurs

Bmurs

Beating Predator campaign on nightmare is the hardest of all 3 anyways :P

Hollowhero

Hollowhero

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Mar 25, 2010, 05:29:10 PM
Thought it was piss easy even in Nightmare. Jus' lots'a Medics, Smartgunners, Marines and if your assaulting a hive use Flamethrowers.

lol i was terrible at that sorta game back then  ;D might dig it up again and play... 

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

One of the worst parts of the game is the way all units act as double-agents for the enemy. Build up a strong army (let's say the 25-man limit for the Marines), mobilise them, & watch a third of the morons find some ridiculous, alternate route to the intended location which divvies up your forces, takes an extra twenty minutes, & completely undermines the whole group.

'Divide & conquer' has never been mastered in reality so well as it has by the morons who manufactured this game.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: Quick N Slick on Mar 27, 2010, 06:12:19 AM
'Divide & conquer' has never been mastered in reality so well as it has by the morons who manufactured this game.
An interesting concept you have there. All too true, in all RTS games the easiest way to win is to simply amass your forces (usually compromising of a single unit, but allot of RTS games have succeeded at abolishing this) in a single group and do the hoover maneuver.
To make an RTS more better and Tactical, would be to add factors such as attacking from behind and flanking. Too bad this would be too hard to do yourself and would require an in-game command such as "Press 'B' to flank" which, would either be spammed or too clunky to pull off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed