Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,224 times)

m41guy

m41guy

Ok, ok, so it's mostly the Regenerative health healing thing that bugged me the most and made it feel like CoD ;D

Seriously though, I think I was mostly enamored with how KOTOR-like everthing seemed to be in the first one that I was shocked when it changed for the second one. 

I'm still playing it though so obviously it's not that big of a deal, lol.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil 2

;-;
;-;
;-;

I really don't want to play this overrated trash heap...
Spoiler
Help...
Spoiler
me...
[close]
[close]

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 15, 2013, 11:40:33 PM
Resident Evil 2

;-;
;-;
;-;

Spoiler
Help...
Spoiler
me...
[close]
[close]
Spoiler

No.
[close]

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 15, 2013, 11:43:02 PM
Resident Evil 2

;-;
;-;
;-;

Spoiler
Help...
Spoiler
me...
[close]
[close]
Spoiler

No.

[close]

Spoiler
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd like to hear your full take on RE 2. Luv me some controversy.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 16, 2013, 12:40:26 AM

Spoiler
I just find it to be an overrated mess of a game. For a survival-horror game the amount of ammo laying around is pretty damn high. Enemies even with the difficulty at it's highest go down in a few shots, which allows you to still have enough ammo to wail on the bosses. William Birkin is a terrible antagonist and his transformations are just as ridiculous as some of the transformations in RE 5 and 6. People by now know what I think of Leon and how he is one of the most dull characters in the series. The game overstays it's welcome and drags out to be longer than it should really be (that f**king sewer section goddamn, I thought it would never end). Hell I enjoy RE 6 more than 2 just cause it doesn't put me to sleep. I'll take an annoying mindless game over something that should end after the first 6 hours or so but it's too busy sucking it's own dick to realize that. Add into the fact that fans treat it like the holy grail of survival-horror when there are better examples out there such as the RE remake on Gamecube, and Silent Hill 2, and even Fatal Frame. The best part of the game I would say is finishing it and moving on to RE3 and never looking back. As the AVGN once said: I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking but I like to call it shitpicking.

tl;dr version

The game is not as good as people say it is and they need to get off it's dick. I'm hoping deep inside that Shinji Mikami's new game The Evil Within finally kicks RE 2 off of it's pedestal. :P
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: m41guy on Jun 15, 2013, 10:52:52 PM
Ok, ok, so it's mostly the Regenerative health healing thing that bugged me the most and made it feel like CoD ;D

Seriously though, I think I was mostly enamored with how KOTOR-like everthing seemed to be in the first one that I was shocked when it changed for the second one. 

I'm still playing it though so obviously it's not that big of a deal, lol.

Yeah, now that I have played KotOR, I can definitely see the many similarities between those two games.

Gameplay-wise, I prefer how ME2 handled it (not necessarily for the health; I can go either way between medpacks and regeneration); the shooting was just very visceral and fun, and throwing giant biotic powers around corners is incredibly satisfying.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

I filled up three more caves where I plan on building just above.

I pulled up the leaderboards. I thought I was just an average player, I apparently am not in comparison to others. This is what I mean, for distance traveled on foot my xbox live buddy who is in 2nd place has traveled 89.0km on foot. I am in first place with 454.9km...

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 16, 2013, 01:34:09 AM

Spoiler

The game is not as good as people say it is and they need to get off it's dick. I'm hoping deep inside that Shinji Mikami's new game The Evil Within finally kicks RE 2 off of it's pedestal. :P
[close]
Nothing can't push REmake off of the pedestal  :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Spoiler
I just find it to be an overrated mess of a game. For a survival-horror game the amount of ammo laying around is pretty damn high. Enemies even with the difficulty at it's highest go down in a few shots, which allows you to still have enough ammo to wail on the bosses. William Birkin is a terrible antagonist and his transformations are just as ridiculous as some of the transformations in RE 5 and 6. People by now know what I think of Leon and how he is one of the most dull characters in the series. The game overstays it's welcome and drags out to be longer than it should really be (that f**king sewer section goddamn, I thought it would never end). Hell I enjoy RE 6 more than 2 just cause it doesn't put me to sleep. I'll take an annoying mindless game over something that should end after the first 6 hours or so but it's too busy sucking it's own dick to realize that. Add into the fact that fans treat it like the holy grail of survival-horror when there are better examples out there such as the RE remake on Gamecube, and Silent Hill 2, and even Fatal Frame. The best part of the game I would say is finishing it and moving on to RE3 and never looking back. As the AVGN once said: I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking but I like to call it shitpicking.

tl;dr version

[close]

Sounds like how I feel about that shit heap called Code Veronica.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil 2

Just had my first encounter with Birkin. ::)

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 16, 2013, 05:50:57 AM

Spoiler

tl;dr version

[close]

Sounds like how I feel about that shit heap called Code Veronica.

I'm not looking forward to that one either. Go from RE 3 goodness and right back to shit. ;-;

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 16, 2013, 04:46:09 AM

Spoiler

[close]
Nothing can't push REmake off of the pedestal  :P

I never even mentioned the REmake. It has it's place well deserved. :P

There are however upcoming games that look like they can surpass it as long as the developers don't botch the survival aspects.

All kings rise and fall. :P

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 16, 2013, 12:09:57 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 15, 2013, 11:43:02 PM
Resident Evil 2

;-;
;-;
;-;

Spoiler
Help...
Spoiler
me...
[close]
[close]
Spoiler

No.

[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[/spoiler]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The Next Fallout needs to let me explore the f**king ocean or something. I want to see more aquatic lifeforms that have been affected during the fallout.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

RE2 was one of my top all time PS games. 

But the birkin section is the weaker of the campaigns.  The Mr X section is much better, and is pretty much what you get with Nemesis.  Plus depending on if you play Claire/Leon or Leon/Claire, there is a total of four different campaigns. 

It's the shit, if you don't like it you should beat your face.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Skyrim

Taking a break from RE 2 (it can wait), aaaaand everything wants me dead. :laugh:

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2013, 01:09:42 AM
RE2 was one of my top all time PS games. 

But the birkin section is the weaker of the campaigns.  The Mr X section is much better, and is pretty much what you get with Nemesis.  Plus depending on if you play Claire/Leon or Leon/Claire, there is a total of four different campaigns. 

It's the shit, if you don't like it you should beat your face.

Guess I'll have to go beat my face then. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed