Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,441 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

*inhales* ppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Get to a gym, fatboi.

Dachande

Dachande

I dont have the free time to go to the gym. Plus my wallet can't afford it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Battlestations Midway

Oh the memories of either commanding a battleship, cruiser, or submarine in the second world war, pacific ocean. Though I also like destroyers, they are handy for the depth charges.

Today I was a lone battleship who emerged victorious over 14 destroyers, 2 heavy cruisers, and 3 battleships.

Don't mess with this Captain.  8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Finally getting my RAGE on. Just entered Redstone's town, in the eastern wastelands. This game just keeps getting better and better.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Black Ops. Eagerly awaiting Modern Warfare 3.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm on disc two in Rage and playing through the gearhead vault.

Quote from: Keg on Oct 09, 2011, 10:58:20 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 09, 2011, 07:10:16 PM
I want to get deus ex because you can get it dirt cheap already, but with arkham city and uncharted 3 on the way and the fact I'm only halfway through uncharted 2, I guess I'll just wait until I have no more games on the go.

Yeah i noticed you can get Deus Ex for as cheap as £19 online already which is great. Think ill be doing the same for Rage. It wasnt even on my radar and with Batman and Uncharted on the horizon as well as Crysis 2 and the Deus Ex DLC i wont have time. Might as well wait until its dropped in price.

How are you finding the Uncharted games? Ive literally just finished the first game 5 minutes ago and I still think I prefer the first games story and feeling of being isolated on the island but damn the second game is just choc full of mind blowing set pieces.

oh yeah I'm loving them, the first definitely has a better story, but the second is just so much better looking, bigger and has a lot more variety in scenery and enemies, it is also better on the game-play front, in my opinion.
I'm at the monastery right now,

Spoiler
when you are going around with Elena, and there's a bunch of snipers aiming at me where i last saved it.

one of the things i love most is how the games are mostly "real world" but every now and then mix in a bit of supernatural stuff, like the feral demon things in the first game, and the "yetis" in the second, i am looking forward to finding out what supernatural stuff is in the 3rd
[close]

Keg

Keg

Spoiler
Well actually if you pay attention to the story enough you'll realise those creatures in the first game arent supernatural. The whole game sets it up from the start like Indiana Jones, dropping hints along the way. The strange markings Sully mentions where the golden man was housed, the nazi's in the U-Boat all slaughtered, Eddie's rant about his men being scared to go out for a piss, the dead guy in the trap with the footprints, Nates quick sightings of the creatures in the vault if you press L2 at certain times. However the big reveal isnt necessarily the creature itself but what they are. It turns out theyre not demons and its not a curse its an unknown infection / virus that was locked away in the Golden Man to stop it spreading and the spaniards unleashed it which is why Francis Drake sank the ships and flooded the colony. Navarro even says "Do you know how much this is worth to the right buyer" as he points at Roman's body, indicating he wanted to sell it as a biological weapon all along as he knew about it somehow.

The creatures are actually just a feral race of humans (originally the spaniards) that were mutated by the infection and have thrived on the island ever since. Sure its completely made up but its more like a zombie infection than anything supernatural.

And there's more suprises yet regarding Uncharted 2.
[close]

Spoiler
well yeah i know it was explained as a virus, but it's still got a supernatural feel to it, if vampires were explained away as a virus, like they are in Underworld for example, does that make them feel any less supernatural? and zombies, are supernatural too, because they defy nature.
[close]

Keg

Keg

Spoiler
My point is that they didnt simply go, its a curse, theyre monsters, end of story. They tried to ground it in reality as much as possible so it was believable. The first time I played the game and Drake is in the bunker watching the German's film reel, I did not expect that at all. I thought it would be as simple as there were monsters guarding the vault and it needed no explanation in an Indiana Jones kind of way but they went and tried to keep it in the real world as something unknown but not necessarily supernatural (hence UNCHARTED).
[close]

Whats been your favourite set piece so far in U2? Most people say the train or the collapsing building and rooftop battle with the helicopter but mine was being chased through the village by the tank. That entire sequence was brilliant.

i've only just done the tank chase, that was pretty awesome, and the train was pretty awesome too, the rooftop helicopter battle wasn't that great though to be honest.
i did love the collapsing building, but i think my favourite set piece, if it counts, is the whole mountaineering level, with the ice caves, leading up to and including the hidden temple. it wasn't particularly action packed but when i say the action that there was was awesome, i'm sure you'll know what i mean, and the ice caves were just freaking beautiful.

Keg

Keg

Yeah I love the ice caves with Tenzin. Its a welcome change of pace for a short time. I think the pacing in the second game is alot better, with more quiter platforming moments which play better too. The first game is just encounter after encounter with bad guys. The second one often combines platforming with shootouts as well being able to stealth through alot of areas or at least take out a hell of alot of the guys before the firing starts. Makes for a much more varied game.

Terx2

Terx2

Resident Evil 4 HD and Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

R.U.S.E

You know, I've never really used the ruses in the game to full extent, you know, building fake buildings, sending fake units, psychological warfare, fanaticism (fight to the death), spying, and much more.

Today I learned how truely beautiful the art deception is.  8)

Quote from: Terx2 on Oct 12, 2011, 04:58:50 AM
Resident Evil 4 HD and Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time.

Nice, Crack in Time was my first platinum, it's an awesome game.

when All 4 One comes out, do you think you'll need someone to play it with?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed