Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,923 times)

SiL

SiL

AR showed the stage between burster and egg sack. She just stood there.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2007, 01:50:51 AM
AR showed the stage between burster and egg sack. She just stood there.

She was in a cage.

What would she vomit into?

Major Alan Schaefer

What was she gonna try to impregnate the wall?..oh i know maybe a coachroach

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

But she wasn't free, Sil. She wasn't running around the ship.

Sil, what are you confused about with the idea of this method? Did you read my theory on this (even though it MAY not be the real reason)?

I'm not saying my theory is valid, but it makes sense.

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 01:32:55 AM
People aren't don't like change...apparently that's the case

depends what change

so for exemple in spiderman 5 if it ever will be , spiderman stop to kick ass of the two o three usual supervillain and become an hispanish soap opera only because he done the same thing in all previous films and someone is tired and want to do something fresh and new

maybe the example don't work well but surelly you have understud the point

i really don't understand this...there's ways and ways to make fresh and new things, without put a risk coerence and credibility of a franchise...as long as someone really care of such things like consistency and coerence obviously

just a point. :)

SM

SM

Quotethanks for giving it a chance

I honestly cannot be f**ked giving this travesty anything - let alone a chance.

When people ragged on Alien3 shortcomings I defended it.  When people ragged on Res I defended it.  With AvP I gave up, but it was more disappointment than out and out hatred.

Just about everything I've heard and seen about this film HAS invoked out and out hatred and anger.

It really surprises me that so many people are okay with the shit sandwich being served up - but then if major changes were made to Predator I wouldn't give a toss as I suspect a lot of Predator fans don't give a toss about the PredAlien.

Major Alan Schaefer

only problem with this? we've seen what Spiderman does in the sitation....we've never sen this sitaition on top of that Aliens are called adaptable...i call this adapting
i care about both and the Predalien depending on the change i might like it or not

Space Disc Jockey

This regurgitation is not risking anything. It HELPS us understand the Queen much more, actually. This is really an intersting survival method. We know the Queen is a tough bitch and this proves it even more, IMO.

SM

SM

I don't want to understand the Aliens.

And even if I did, this would the last thing I'd want.  It's worse than anything the comics ever cooked up.

Major Alan Schaefer

i beg to differ bout comics....comics can have some acid trip ideas...

also its not understanding its jsut adding to them, making them look more adaptable like you people claim they are

SM

SM

It all about being adaptable within the established rules. 

Not making shit up because they couldn't abide by those rules.

Aliens aren't invincible nor are they immortal.  I see no problem with a Queen hiding someplace warm and laying eggs till she expires.  The eggs will last well after she's gone.

Space Disc Jockey

SM,

You defended the other movies with your opinion, why should you stop?

Are you totally against this regurgiation idea? If you don't want to learn about the Aliens, then just enjoy what is on screen (like the general audiences might).

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2007, 02:07:11 AM
It all about being adaptable within the established rules. 

Not making shit up because they couldn't abide by those rules.

Aliens aren't invincible nor are they immortal.  I see no problem with a Queen hiding someplace warm and laying eggs till she expires.  The eggs will last well after she's gone.

Pretty much what I was about to write, but better than I'd have worded it.  :)

SiL

SiL

Wow, way to misread people.

"We've never seen the stage between a burster and an egg-laying Queen!"

"Yeah we did. In AR"

"But it was in a cage!"

...uh, what? Yeah, it was in a cage - How does that suddenly not make it the transitional stage between burster and adult?

The 'Well, they're adaptable' excuse is also crap, because there's no limit to it. If we use that to defend any change, we could easily have flying Aliens that barf adults and fire sub machine guns made out of whale bones because, shit, they're adaptable.

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

ok but i'm with you entirely when you say adaptable but you don't thing in a future this thing can run out of the border and maybe from now until next avp films or alien film, if ever will be , we see another 1 or 2 ways of reproductions maybe in the mix, or the alien adapt to come back from the death for preservation of the species,why then aliens don't just adapt to come back from the dead,so? or learn to use crap tecnology...

you know how people are and how work certain things...

what do you think?

seriously i hope we NEVER see things like these

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed