Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,913 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

True, but it works really makes sense, and other ways like eggmorping and the new method can exist because aliens adapt

echobbase79

echobbase79

have they ever actually put egg morphing lifecycle in any other stories.

I know they put in a game one time, but what about stories such as books or comics?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 30, 2007, 12:43:50 AM
There are over 2000 replies in that thread, with about a new one a second. I don't care how much space mine takes up, it'd be glossed over in an instant.

Uh, like you glossed over the points which would have provided the answers to the questions? :)

I'm merging this.

Then I'm Photoshopping up a flow chart thing, demonstrating why it's not the concept of whether or not this suits the Aliens, but the canon issues which have got so many people frustrated about this.

I know a lot of people seem to keep repeating the mantra, "But it preserves canon," but it doesn't. If I can work this chart thing up, you'll see why and it'll save me having to keep typing reasons out and stuff.

QuoteJust because it's got the signature crown as a chestburster doesn't mean it immediately becomes a queen.

You seriously need to see 'Alien Resurrection' again.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

Why do you have to be that way xeno, his post was actually intelligent, it doesn't belong in this unhelpful, and sometimes violently off topic thread, it deserves to be on its own.

I vote for an un-merge

great post Gremlien, very great post.

Also, for anyone questioning this new method, I have two questions

Hve we ever seen anything but a Queen burster or a full grown Queen in these films?

Have we ever seen anything other then the queen burster or full grown Queen interact with a host, or potential host?

If it has not been addressed in the films, it is completely fair game to expansion or anything of the like, its simply adding to the whole piece of the Alien mythos, a piece that will likely not be fully completed ever, get used to filmmakers adding to the mythos, because its going to happen.

Thank god complatative message boards like these weren't around when Aliens and Alien 3 got made, or else this franchise would not be the franchise it is today...I'm just glad the Strause Bros were willing to do something that hasn't been done before, without wrecking this creature, much like Cameron and Fincher, not saying they are as great as either of those two, just giving an example.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

It's not fair to TOTALLY hate an idea, when you have not seen the movie. Sure, you can expect or "envision" it to look stupid, but to have not seen the film and "close the book" of your opinion right now...you're not giving the film/filmmakers a chance.

I'm not telling people to change their minds...but to keep their minds open, especially, before the release of the movie.

Again, the cycle of the Aliens can be "expanded", because it's Hollywood/Science-Fiction. We are not dealing with a non-fiction species, such as a chicken, which we know more facts about, because other than being real, we have studied them. We of course, know more about chickens than the Aliens, because there are people who spend their lives raising them. Aliens on the other hand, again, all you are getting is what you see in the films. You are not following the life of an Alien 24/7. We are only seeing what is mainly crucial for the plot.

What you have seen in the Alien movies does not mean that is what SHOULD be known about them.
Just because of what Hollywood established with the Alien cycle in previous movies, does NOT mean that is ALL we should know/learn about this species. Why "close the book" on the Alien cycle, when it's obvious that there can be MORE added. Hopefully, whatever is added is logical and makes sense to the cycle.

But to respond to this regurgitation method as just "stupid" or "will look stupid", without seeing the film, is only an opinion that can only be made, just because of the idea, but have yet to see the execution on-screen. Which is fine to think it will be stupid, but don't try to convince others it IS stupid, before the release date.

What about all the Alien comics, novels and videogames...should all of those ideas of the Alien cycle mentioned in them, be thrown out the window, just because you have not seen them on film? They don't count?

Major Alan Schaefer

People aren't don't like change...apparently that's the case

Gremlien

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 30, 2007, 01:12:43 AM
You seriously need to see 'Alien Resurrection' again.
And A:R is the crowned standard of the series. Also, I fail to recall A:R ever showing the chestburster molt into the queen.

Space Disc Jockey

Gremlien,

That new thread/post you made was great and I'm glad it was merged to this thread.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

still, even in A:R, we saw a queen burster, then a fully grown queen providing eggs, I'm sure at one younger stage in its life, had a host been provided for her, she would have regurgitated the hell into them...

Major Alan Schaefer

That's what i think to or its only molting Queens that do that

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Oct 30, 2007, 01:40:05 AM
still, even in A:R, we saw a queen burster, then a fully grown queen providing eggs, I'm sure at one younger stage in its life, had a host been provided for her, she would have regurgitated the hell into them...
EXACTLY.

SM

SM

Quotestill, even in A:R, we saw a queen burster, then a fully grown queen providing eggs, I'm sure at one younger stage in its life, had a host been provided for her, she would have regurgitated the hell into them...

For what purpose?

If anything Resurrection shows us Queens produce eggs - and that's about it.  Without resorting to complete garbage like barfing.

Major Alan Schaefer

thanks for giving it a chance  ;D

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2007, 01:43:42 AM
Quotestill, even in A:R, we saw a queen burster, then a fully grown queen providing eggs, I'm sure at one younger stage in its life, had a host been provided for her, she would have regurgitated the hell into them...
If anything Resurrection shows us Queens produce eggs - and that's about it.
Which is why anything between chestburster and fullly grown Queen is fair game.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Oct 30, 2007, 01:40:05 AM

Yep. This is what we/Colin are talking about. No one has seen the Queen between the stages of burster to egg sac (when imobile), so WHY doesn't this regurgitation method work? Because of what?  So, it will "look" stupid...that's why the idea doesn't work (even though the film is not out yet)?

Once again, have an open mind. Yes, something new has been added, but it doesn't break anything. This is an addition to the Queen cycle and not something that would hurt a Alien warrior cycle.

Hmm...are people more concerned of how it will look on-screen, or that it is something added to the cycle of the Queen (something that was NEVER touched upon in earlier films)?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed