Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,972 times)

justaguy

justaguy

That is right you can speculate but don't make conclusive judgments until the film is released and you've seen it.

Nihkoute

Nihkoute

Quote from: Fazz on Oct 29, 2007, 11:38:54 AM
That is right you can speculate but don't make conclusive judgments until the film is released and you've seen it.

People are free to pass whatever judgement they want based on the material they have seen thus far.. the forum is for posting your opinion on said subject last time i checked :P

Master

Master

No Gates. Drowning is way to short. Let`s cut out their eyelids then impale them in front of big plasma tv with Anderson`s special being showned. ;D

justaguy

justaguy

Quote from: Nihkoute on Oct 29, 2007, 11:42:30 AM
Quote from: Fazz on Oct 29, 2007, 11:38:54 AM

People are free to pass whatever judgement they want based on the material they have seen thus far.. the forum is for posting your opinion on said subject last time i checked :P

True but i meant that they can't say for sure the films a failure as it hasn't been released.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Nihkoute on Oct 29, 2007, 11:35:14 AM
Hey Alien fans, at least they didnt give your xenomorph a whip.. shoulda called him Indy instead of Wolf :P

Personally, I actually like the whip to be honest...what could a new weapon have been really? Some kind of boring curved sword type thing? How many characters in films have actually utilized a whip before? Obviously Indy, Catwomen, and that faggoty looking guy in Underworld, oh and how could I forget Flash Gordon (waiting for Antman to pull out some randomly obscure movie with a whip in it ;))...it's just a very exotic weapon and in my opinion fits the bill for a new predator weapon...but the double shoulder canons are another thing altogether...that is truly a sh!tbag idea... :-X

Quote from: Master on Oct 29, 2007, 11:43:49 AM
No Gates. Drowning is way to short. Let`s cut out their eyelids then impale them in front of big plasma tv with Anderson`s special being showned. ;D

8)

justaguy

justaguy

Anyway is there any info yet on how Chet infects people with the new alien embryos.

Nihkoute

Nihkoute

Quote from: Gates on Oct 29, 2007, 11:49:52 AM
Quote from: Nihkoute on Oct 29, 2007, 11:35:14 AM
Hey Alien fans, at least they didnt give your xenomorph a whip.. shoulda called him Indy instead of Wolf :P
Personally, I actually like the whip to be honest...what could a new weapon have been really? Some kind of boring curved sword type thing? How many characters in films have actually utilized a whip before? Obviously Indy, Catwomen, and that faggoty looking guy in Underworld, oh and how could I forget Flash Gordon (waiting for Antman to pull out some randomly obscure movie with a whip in it ;))...it's just a very exotic weapon and in my opinion fits the bill for a new predator weapon...but the double shoulder canons are another thing altogether...that is truly a sh!tbag idea... :-X

Something of honor and dignity.. the Naginata or the Bakuub.

I know this statement is going to cause an arguement because the comics and books are not cnsiderd cannon, _but_..

Elder Predators prefer bladed weapons.. there is much  honor in hunting with these even though very powerful technology is at their disposable.

I really would have liked to have seen one of these in the movie, the above image is of the naginata. A bladed staff weapon.

I know this isn't a big deal to you, but for me, it is as important as the speed of the life cycle. I hope you can respect that.

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 29, 2007, 11:20:47 AM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 29, 2007, 11:09:28 AM
Trust me... People forget easily and rapidly...

Tell that to all the people who have debated egg-morphing, Bishop II, ten-minute-Aliens, the Newborn, and any other number of controversial decisions.

Yes, but the intensity and the 'what you're gonna do about it' will fade eventually...

I am gonna put my money where my mouth is, by biting my time and do the waiting game until I have some feedback about the movie...

I am sure most of the people who are displeased with what is going on, will see it anyway, so what's the point of all the negativity if people are just gonna eventually see it anyway and not do what's in their power to ensure these icons will not get further mistreated...?

Fans are the target audiences here and they have the power to fight back...

But they won't... That's the 'conformity' I was talking about...

I know people will talk, and talk, and talk... but in the end, the ultimate end, they will still be lining Fox's pockets nonetheless...

So why all the negative criticism if people will still be watching the movie regardless...?

The polls show it blatantly, and I am sure not all are 'positivists'... The 'negativists' are also gonna see it and the question is more: if you're all gonna see it anyway, why would Fox care much aboiut what you think...?

Without affirmative action, these are merely words...with no real effect whatsoever...More like a ' letting all out' but with no real consequence to be seen...

Quote from: Wildbird on Oct 29, 2007, 11:32:11 AM
Calm it down folks, Bros. are making a good movie, we can't just speculate before we actually go to the theaters and shit our pants.

;)

Wildbird, you don't know the Bros. are doing a good movie at all... You're just in the same situation as you described we are... you are also speculating as much as we all are... Having not seen the movie at all, and having no way to know if the rookie directors were any good at it...

Trouble is, wishful thinking is not fact-based speculation...

So far, facts show the movie is unbalanced and with probably too many additions to it, namely this new RC...

Most key concept designs have divided opinions, either the Predalien, the Xenomorph, only with Wolf's unmasked face remaining unseen and still reserving judgment, and we are just talking about a small sample of all the Alien and Predator fanbase out there...

So far, 60% of 100 posters who voted in polls say they will be seeing the movie no matter what...

Some have even said that they will be seeing it more than 2 times, without knowing if visually or narratively the movie will be any good at all, but because they delusionally believe this massive affluence (that they won't know will happen despite their singular efforts...) will give them the Alien 5 or Predator 3 they have been expecting for so long...Forgetting that the Aliens and Predators have been rendered banale now... Predators have lost their mysteriousness and Aliens are already on Earth, killing thousands and annihilating a small Colorado town... And the Xenomorph and SpaceJockey origins are better left untouched, with the risk of being msihandled or handled poorly...

And Jim Cameron's Alien 5 script was turned down and replaced by Anderson's AVP, so you know where Fox motivations lie...

So, if AVPR succeeds in the BO, we'll be only getting another AVP movie, and further 'bastardisation' of the originals...

Some things are just better left untouched...

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 29, 2007, 11:22:42 AM
What's everyone against, a fast facehugger incubation, or a fast anything?

Given the new RC, they are gonna do that even FASTER...Imagine ONE Predalien doing 'mouth to mouth' to dozens, even hundreds of human hosts in one single night...!

Now imagine how fast She will have to do it to reach the numbers necessary to overrun the whole 5,500 Pop. town...

I think we will have it pretty fast, I would take it... ;D

And this brings the 'One night' discussion back to debate I guess... ;D ;)

So, long story short, I rather they would do a story where there would be a normal Alien incubation with people oblivious until it was too late..

This is all in the writer's imagination scope... So the easy way out is not the way... the new RC is budget-friendly and allows for a sped-up incubation process...exactly the same concept so bitterly criticised in AVP... ::) ;D ;)

Nihkoute

Nihkoute

QuoteSo far, facts show the movie is unbalanced and with probably too many additions to it, namely this new RC...

I agree, however; i think its very easy for us to say in hindsight it would have been better to just leave well enough alone, make no attempt at originalty what so ever, and play it safe. Keep both creatures, their behavior, their appearance, the alien life cycle, predator weapons load out the same as the previous films.

Its clear that Greg and Colin wanted this movie to be their bench mark, and i firmly and honestly believe they are trying to do the best job they can, with the fans in mind and i have alot of respect for them in this reguard. Although some things are not accurate or what i would have liked to have seen, this is obviously a vast improvement and a step in the right direction compared to the 2004 nightmare. Again; however..

SiL clearly shows in this thead that Colin needed to brush up on his research, just abit :P

Even though the brothers seem bias towards the Predator in the film, they clearly need ot do more research in this creature too imho.. im not sure if anyone has noticed, but this Predator is killing unarmed civilians in several scenes of the trailer, that breaks the canon of Predator last time i checked.

My opinion on this entire matter is this: They changed too much, but someone was eventually going to do it, right? At least these guys are trying hard to give us somethig we like, and we aren't an easy group of people to please, are we?

I wouldn't have changed so much in the span of one movie, but it was going to happen, sooner or later.

When i sit back and reflect on the pros and the cons of what we have seen so far, i think the pros definately out weight the cons.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 29, 2007, 02:52:34 AM

You just basically said it. :)

Genestealers stick their tongues in prey and then vomit out the seed, letting it grow/take ahold of a victim (the material I used to read alluded to it often being down the throat, too). The Predalien is going to be doing exactly the same, but with the inner mouth.

so I'm reading about the Purii - Purii are the most recognisable Genestealer type and one of these is always the first in the infection cycle as they are the only ones capable of infecting other species through an ovipositor for genetic material within their tongue. As the infection spreads throughout the planet, the first genestealer takes upon the role of leader or Patriarch and often grows larger and bulkier than typical Purii specimens.

if this information is correct, I do not consider this to be a straight direct vomit as much as the Fasano screenplay of Ward's story depicted, but at the end of the day, we 're still guessing about what the scene is going to show

Predalienslayer

Maybe the Strause's are driving fans into a negative trashing state on purpose. Then the fans' hopes are low when they go into to see the movie.

And when we go in to see the movie, we'll all be pleasantly suprised ;)

automirage04

automirage04

I dont think thats how it works.

Predalienslayer

... I was just kidding  :P

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Gates on Oct 29, 2007, 11:49:52 AM
(waiting for Antman to pull out some randomly obscure movie with a whip in it ;))

Uhhh...nah, I got nuthin'

Unless you count Ghost Rider's chain.  He uses it in a whip-like fashion.  :)

No wait, you forgot a pretty famous one...Zorro.

And there's also a Whip in Top Gun.  (Apologies to anyone who gets that terrible joke. ;) )

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed