Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,923 times)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Da pewk idea is teh shit!  :)

Someone's been watching Tremors 2 too much. 

(For anyone who ain't seen it, the Shriekers puke out a new creature after a big meal.)

Predalienslayer

Hey, hey. Bash the idea, if you must. But don't bash the peeps who like the idea.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 29, 2007, 10:00:43 AM
Da pewk idea is teh shit!  :)

Someone's been watching Tremors 2 too much. 

(For anyone who ain't seen it, the Shriekers puke out a new creature after a big meal.)

The first tremors is one of those films that never really needed a sequel, like jurassic park. About the vomit/oral implantation, seriously who can think that it even remotely makes sense, its just hard to accept. You'd have to know virtually nothing about the alien films to embrace it. lol

well, it seems only around 20% absolutely love the idea. That means there may not be as much ass kissing toward the directors in regards to this. People are actually making up their own minds which is good.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Predalien warrior on Oct 29, 2007, 10:01:33 AM
Hey, hey. Bash the idea, if you must. But don't bash the peeps who like the idea.

allright, settle down. I was joking to a certain extent anyway, but the posts were indeed going far, far off topic.

ashion

ashion

Yes and this topic has dragged on WAY out of control not to mention off topic. How about we all settle down and leave this be for a while and wait to see how it pans out ok? You guys think you can keep your raging fan boys under control for a bit yeah?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 09:57:29 AM
Anyway this has gone so far off topic. Let's get back to bashing the vomit idea, as apparently so many people still think its reasonable. lol.

I'm fully with you on that one...

BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!  ;D

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: ashion on Oct 29, 2007, 10:38:16 AM
Yes and this topic has dragged on WAY out of control not to mention off topic. How about we all settle down and leave this be for a while and wait to see how it pans out ok? You guys think you can keep your raging fan boys under control for a bit yeah?
I don't have a raging fan boy.

But regardless, I think people will keep on discussin' stuff as long as they feel like it.  Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Oct 29, 2007, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 09:57:29 AM
Anyway this has gone so far off topic. Let's get back to bashing the vomit idea, as apparently so many people still think its reasonable. lol.

I'm fully with you on that one...

BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!  ;D

let's not get carried away. lol.
It's not as if I can't accept opinions which differ from my own. But this idea is really lame and out of place for a film with aliens in it. Its not supposed to be your average run of the mill sci-fi loser movie, its an aliens vs predator film. (well maybe not the best argument. lol)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

So, now that I cooled off about the whole new RC, some questions popped to my head:

1 - Does this new speedy RC mean we will get the ONE NIGHT timeframe for the whole movie...?

I mean, with this new RC, the PQ can impregnate a LOT of people really fast...!

And knowing that there won't be any eggs and facehuggers apart from the hunter-son ones, does this mean that in order to overrun Gunnison, we will have the PQ impregnate the hundreds needed to provide the quantities needed to overrun the town...?

Also, I have been wondering about the three chestbursters we saw on the GB trailer... is there a possibility these three may all come from the SAME host, like triplets or something...?
(Surely expect not, but given the new RC, I am now expecting EVERYTHING, even pink Aliens...!  ::))

And last but not least, a though of mine: we may now feel angry, frustrated, disappointed, but in a few days time, we will be accustomed to this new RC, and by the time the movie premieres, we will have accepted it...!

So, no matter what you may feel now, it is what you will feel THEN that will matter...!

Actually, the marketing department, consciously or not, by leaking this to USAToday, they actually dodged that bullet...Fox and the Bros. also, because when the movie premieres, people will already be used to that idea and they won't make a fuss about it anymore...

Trust me... People forget easily and rapidly...

Even now, I am calmer, and getting further resignated to the idea that we will have a third RC introduced... in an AVP movie, no less...

So, now that the thread has lost some steam, and given the sampling still at 60/40, it is just a matter of time before people will forget about this and move on to other battles...

As a final note on this new RC, I will just say that no matter how people for and against it rationalise it, you can be sure that Shane was not taking all that into consideration... This looks and sounds pretty much like a budget-motivated thing, especially since we are having a PQ concept that, design aside, is not what people would expect, especially a DNA-intermingle like that...

I don't like the idea, the conflict with what transpired from AR is obvious to me, and let's not forget this concept was devised by the same writer who co-wrote Armageddon and wrote that 'infamous' script reviewd by AICN...

So, I apologise for going off-topic here, but just thought I should share these latest thoughts of mine with you... ;)

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 29, 2007, 11:09:28 AM
Trust me... People forget easily and rapidly...

Tell that to all the people who have debated egg-morphing, Bishop II, ten-minute-Aliens, the Newborn, and any other number of controversial decisions.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

What's everyone against, a fast facehugger incubation, or a fast anything?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 11:06:17 AM
let's not get carried away. lol.

Yeah...maybe your right, being burnt at the stake is a bit much...crucification then? Or perhaps death by drowning? ;D

But in all seriousness, it's all in good fun people...for sh!ts and giggles is all... :)

Wildbird

Wildbird

Calm it down folks, Bros. are making a good movie, we can't just speculate before we actually go to the theaters and shit our pants.

;)

Nihkoute

Nihkoute

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 29, 2007, 11:22:42 AM
What's everyone against, a fast facehugger incubation, or a fast anything?

I believe the hardcore Alien fans would like directors to stay true to thier favorite movie monsters, and pay attention to the details of the original movies. The lifecycle has been sped up, alot, in the previous film. For some people this is much more then just a movie, and they want to see an accurate protrayal of said beast.

Hey Alien fans, at least they didnt give your xenomorph a whip.. shoulda called him Indy instead of Wolf :P

The fact of the matter is this going to become canon, for the avp series at least. We all need to accept the things we cannot change..

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Wildbird on Oct 29, 2007, 11:32:11 AM
Bros. are making a good movie, we can't just speculate before we actually go to the theaters ...
Actually, that's all we can do.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed