Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,961 times)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 28, 2007, 07:05:01 AM
so the R is not just for rape but retardation as well. The rating makes a lot more sense now. lol.

Hell...I prefer the R to stand for Rectum...but that's just me... ;)

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't think the film will be bad, but I think the points are pretty clear that we might have to dial down our expectations.

SiL

SiL

QuoteHey! I resemble that remark!
And it kills me inside day by day ...

Gates

Gates

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 28, 2007, 07:11:26 AM
I don't think the film will be bad, but I think the points are pretty clear that we might have to dial down our expectations.

Might...??  ;)

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 07:13:08 AMAnd it kills me inside day by day ...

I still love Aliens... :-[

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 07:13:08 AM
And it kills me inside day by day...

Don't worry. This entire discussion has helped to renew my appreciation for the original.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:51:52 PM
Where do you think the queen came from in Aliens? Perhaps one of the domiant warriors became a young and queen and started the process. The simple fact is that it has never been shown before, so what are you arguing about?
...Honestly, did you ever watch any movie made after Aliens? Queens are born Queens.

True.  Queens are always born queens.  We can explain our way out of this problem, though.  So the predalien was born a queen, but it wasn't immediately obvious because of the different structure caused by the predator DNA.  As queens develop they apparently reproduce this way... although I'm not sure how that works with how it was portrayed in Alien Resurrection... oy, okay, this is going to be hard.  Let me think on this for a while.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

.....so i read through most of this but i skimmed some...so guess ill say stuff that alot of people already said

so...predalien barfs into peoples mouths to make an army to protect it so it can molt into a queen and lay eggs?
then why not just have all aliens barf into peoples mouths all the time without any queen laying eggs! i cant see how this works unless the pred-queen-whatever can only barf out a limited number of embryos. which still wont make sense in the movie unless someone explains it. so no eggs or no facehuggers?

WTF man why did they ignore everything that happened after aliens?

...god this sucks sooo hard...

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: Gates on Oct 28, 2007, 06:52:13 AM
Quote from: covcraig on Oct 27, 2007, 03:18:57 PM
Ok, i havent read all the posts on this thread..but assuming the predalien is a queen....and its the same predalien from the end of the original avp movie, then why were the aliens still trying to kill the scar predator carrying the queen? because surely that would conflict with ripley carrying the queen in alien 3? [...]

Here's another important point in the argument...I'm bumping it up because it has been lost in the shuffle and I feel it's another reason to demolish this predalien queen nonsense...

Sibling rivalry.

Or one could theorize that the drones of the species simply aren't as sophisticated in their sensory capabilities as those in the future :p

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Bishop2 on Oct 28, 2007, 07:45:13 AM
True.  Queens are always born queens.  We can explain our way out of this problem, though.  So the predalien was born a queen, but it wasn't immediately obvious because of the different structure caused by the predator DNA.  As queens develop they apparently reproduce this way... although I'm not sure how that works with how it was portrayed in Alien Resurrection... oy, okay, this is going to be hard.  Let me think on this for a while.

Good luck with that. :)

Even the loosest of theories are going to vanish if the thing's been around for three years.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 28, 2007, 07:55:30 AM

Even the loosest of theories are going to vanish if the thing's been around for three years.

Oy, you're right.  That's gonna be a nightmare from hell if that's the case.

Predalienslayer

So many people... trying to force their opinion down the rest of us' throats.

No matter how much you whine, the directors ain't likely to change the script.

I wasn't sure what to think of this new reproductive cycle when I first read about it, but if you can't beat the directors, then join with them. I have :)

I vote pretty cool.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Predalien warrior on Oct 28, 2007, 08:17:42 AM
I wasn't sure what to think of this new reproductive cycle when I first read about it, but if you can't beat the directors, then join with them. I have :)

Sell out...where's your integrity... ;)

Predalienslayer

lol :D my opinion is just as valid as the average fanboy

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Predalien warrior on Oct 28, 2007, 08:17:42 AM
So many people... trying to force their opinion down the rest of us' throats.

No matter how much you whine, the directors ain't likely to change the script.

I vote pretty cool.

Tom says thanks and he'll be sending you your free VIP permit to ADI's studios. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed