Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,946 times)

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 02:08:52 PM
No games dude, I'm telling it how it is... It might be dumb, it might be cheap, it might be the best idea since egg morphing, but it doesnt go against the other movies.

Yes, it does.  An Alien is an Alien is an Alien...unless the movie says that for some reason, Predator-born Aliens are totally different, with fleshy bits and reproductive puke?

Vemados

Vemados

Yeah Giger is freaking out right now.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 02:10:53 PM
Yes, it does.  An Alien is an Alien is an Alien...unless the movie says that for some reason, Predator-born Aliens are totally different, with fleshy bits and reproductive puke?

Stupid as it may seem, why not? Personally, I think it's just got it's words mixed up and it's just talking about egg morphing, which we've - as in staff here, had thought it to be due to some intel. It could be...interesting, if it was a face-hugger... :-\

Master

Master

QuoteIts been done for the plot, no doubt about that.

Between 'another cheap, empty, made for kind alien/predator film' and none, I would chose none. If they can`t done it right then don`t tuch it. We don`t need many weak attempts to make AvP film. We need one decent.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I think reproducing through an obscene 'kiss' is precisely the sort of thing Giger would like, actually.

As I say, I would have preferred egging, wholesale, but I'm just going to say that's the way to get Queens and this is the way to get regulars, unless something happens on screen to go against that.

Heck, maybe this is what Lambert was going through, for all that we know.

Gates

Gates

No games dude, I'm telling it how it is... It might be dumb, it might be cheap, it might be the best idea since egg morphing, but it doesnt go against the other movies.

Well that seems to be a matter of opinion and one that I disagree on...

QuoteWatch these thing like reading a comic book. You'll enjoy it more! I think its a ballsy move, but i think its going to pay off. Only the alien hardcores will have big problems.

Do you think it's wise to piss off a significant percentage of the fan base? I don't, infact it's equivalent to a slap in the face and a loud, "Fu<k you co<ksuckers we're still making our money"...

QuoteThe general audience, AVP fans and predator fans , i think will like it. 

In this I agree with you, but that doesn't make it acceptable...

slipknotpredator

Yeah, we are going "back to the roots"  ::) this is going to be a mix of alien, predator, and the faculty and all those sh*ty movies with the same repetitive and cheap method of impregnation. And theres no queen needed any more, a predalien can do everything, kill docens of predators and at the same time impregnate humans. Maybe in AVP3 we discover that the predalien can grow wings and fly too.

Master

Master

Very possible. It will also be able to fart mighty killing fog.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 26, 2007, 02:16:23 PM
I think reproducing through an obscene 'kiss' is precisely the sort of thing Giger would like, actually.

There's a lot of things that Giger likes, and I don't want most of 'em anywhere near a cinematic Alien.

Giger's best Alien contributions came through a filter.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 02:10:53 PM

Yes, it does.  An Alien is an Alien is an Alien...unless the movie says that for some reason, Predator-born Aliens are totally different, with fleshy bits and reproductive puke?

Speculative, youve only seen them born of a human or an ox

Procurator

Procurator

Finally , i was waiting for an explanation why Chet's inner mouth is so long and thinner than the regular Alien . Enough length to crawl down the throat.

The inner mouth, judging by it's looks works just like the facehugger's. And in the red band trailer there was a scene right before impaling the predator with it's tale the predalien's mouth (predator mouth) was closed tusks on one another.  So this could be feasible , the tusks hold the victim's head from escaping while the inner mouth impregnates the victim. So in this case the predalien serves the purpose of the face hugger rather than the queen. 

I actually like this idea , though not as much as the egg morphing idea.

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

So, let me get this right, the Predalien will use it's inner jaw or perhaps some other tubething we yet to see and give the host a massive tongue kiss. In that process, he plants an embryo down there throat?  I know that I have heard Giger talk about this idea on one of the documentary disc but I think the idea was killing not impregnating. But hey....a new concept, the Strauss's are up to something.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 02:30:39 PM

Human, ox, and dog.  ;)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 02:37:24 PM
Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 02:30:39 PM

Human, ox, and dog.  ;)

Aye! depending the cut!

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

my mommy always said you can get pregnant by kissing a girl... yiewwwwwwwwwwww

that is gross!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed