Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 758

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 326,607 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

He's joking, because I'm one of the three. I voted The Predator when it had no votes and everyone was at the height of their hilarious overwrought anger and thought it would annoy people. :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 25, 2022, 02:42:09 PMSays Kradan, representing all three votes, literally having a laugh. When it gets a fourth I'll be incorrect, but not before then.

For the record, I voted for Predator 2. So no, you can't use me as proof of whatever it is you're trying to prove  :P

Master Chief

Master Chief

Kraden, good thing you came clean or else... ;)

Kradan

Kradan

Phew, that was close

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 25, 2022, 02:49:23 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 25, 2022, 02:42:09 PMSays Kradan, representing all three votes, literally having a laugh. When it gets a fourth I'll be incorrect, but not before then.

For the record, I voted for Predator 2. So no, you can't use me as proof of whatever it is you're trying to prove  :P

Just the two fake accounts then, understood now.  ;D

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2022, 02:48:50 PMHe's joking, because I'm one of the three. I voted The Predator when it had no votes and everyone was at the height of their hilarious overwrought anger and thought it would annoy people. :laugh:

That's all three accounted for then.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I just revisited Predators yesterday, as the start of a little "road to Prey" marathon I'm kicking off. Last time I saw this one was just before The Predator's release in 2018 (note: I will NOT be revisiting The Predator).

I figured I'd start with Predators, before moving onto a proper Predator/Predator 2 double feature, mostly because I'd like the quality of my marathon to improve as it goes on. Figured it doesn't really matter, since continuity is basically a non-issue in this particular series outside of a couple references here and there.

I *like* Predators. Quite a bit, depending on my mood, in the film's first half as the tension is ramping up, the characters are figuring out their predicament, and they're getting a feel for this world. Once they meet Noland, though, the whole thing just spirals into a mess as it just kind of goes through the motions and races towards a finish line without any real punch to the action or scares. The movie is packed with really good ideas, and early on the execution of some of them is solid, but I wish it was able to do more with those ideas in order to provide a more singular experience. The potential is there in spades (and that's why I'd actually be pretty curious to see another movie that takes a shot on a game preserve planet like this), even though there is quite a bit to the film that doesn't always live up to that potential that they're just on the cusp of meeting.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really like Predators, but it's hurt massively by the fact it's strongest asset - the idea of a guy who'd been stuck there for years scavenging and killing to survive - wound up being perhaps the silliest thing about the movie. They completely blew the Noland character and all the potential that came with it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 29, 2022, 02:49:23 PMI really like Predators, but it's hurt massively by the fact it's strongest asset - the idea of a guy who'd been stuck there for years scavenging and killing to survive - wound up being perhaps the silliest thing about the movie. They completely blew the Noland character and all the potential that came with it.

Yeah. Would have loved to see him amount to, I don't know, something more than what we actually got. Even if he was never destined to stick around for very long after his introduction. I liked Fishburne's performance but his death didn't work for me at all, and (to no fault of Fishburne's) the movie really grinds to a halt once he enters, and then spins off the rails into a series of less-than-memorable action beats after his departure.

Everything about the sword fight feels like it should have the makings of an iconic Predator action scene. Some nice shots, the wind blowing through the grass, etc. But it's just... lifeless. Like pretty much everything else in that back half of the movie.

Royce taking down Berserker was pretty decent, but also, I wish it didn't culminate in a decapitation just minutes after the traditional Predator died in the exact same manner.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Add to all that the Predator versus Predator fight does not amount to much.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 29, 2022, 02:59:19 PMRoyce taking down Berserker was pretty decent, but also, I wish it didn't culminate in a decapitation just minutes after the traditional Predator died in the exact same manner.

Poetic justice, eh ?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 29, 2022, 02:59:19 PMEverything about the sword fight feels like it should have the makings of an iconic Predator action scene. Some nice shots, the wind blowing through the grass, etc. But it's just... lifeless. Like pretty much everything else in that back half of the movie.

Yeah. The build-up to the fight is fantastic, but then the fight itself is just... meh. And then they both fall over and it's finished.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 29, 2022, 02:49:23 PMI really like Predators, but it's hurt massively by the fact it's strongest asset - the idea of a guy who'd been stuck there for years scavenging and killing to survive - wound up being perhaps the silliest thing about the movie. They completely blew the Noland character and all the potential that came with it.
I think it's a movie that has aged quite well to be honest. I'm happy to include it in the good category.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It has, but it doesn't really make the most of the concept and that's a pity.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's a fun watch, but really could have done more with the game preserve idea. There's, what, one alien that isn't a Predator or Pred Dog?

Still, it's better than the Rodriguez script

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Miles better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed