Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads

Started by Kradan, May 13, 2019, 05:37:20 PM

Do you like dreads as part of Predalien design?

Yay
37 (50%)
Nay
33 (44.6%)
No Predalien
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author
Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads (Read 15,528 times)

razeak

razeak

Maybe only the human strain consumes all available resources. Lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 18, 2023, 01:32:01 AMI saw this predalien concept art and it generally looks better, The only problem that I have is the spike on the tail looking too much like a scorpion and the dreadlocks what is that it looks great
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/avpr-concept-009-farzad-varahramyan.jpg

I've always liked this piece myself. It could just do without the dreadlocks at the end. The tail has never bothered me though. But those dreadlocks...

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 05, 2023, 10:52:42 PMYeah this - dreadlocks might be more that mere hair - they bleed when cut, after all. They could be a sensory organ for all we know, and something so embedded in the Predator's DNA that DNA Reflex picks it up (just like the mandibles). There's no reason to believe PredAliens "shouldn't" have dreadlocks, that's a nonsense argument used to try and prop up one's personal aesthetic opinions.

I might be misremembering my scripts and finished products here, but isn't there something regarding The Predator that suggests they're sensory organs?

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 07, 2023, 12:12:54 AM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 07, 2023, 12:05:18 AMThe novel doesn't say that, just that they're preserving the most robust facehuggers and letting the others burn.
Wait, I swear there was a source that said the Predators tinkered with the lifecycle to speed it up.

Someone on IMDB back when the film came out made the claim that Paul Anderson said it at an event. Other people at that event stated he didn't.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2024, 12:44:10 PMI might be misremembering my scripts and finished products here, but isn't there something regarding The Predator that suggests they're sensory organs?

Wasn't in the Predator Hunting Grounds novel where Dutch managed to sneak up on a Predator and killed it with a knife from behind? If that is the case, then the dreadlocks fails to warn of danger from behind.

If this is the case, on one hand it's pretty badass that Dutch can sneak up on a Predator like that but on the other hand the Predator loses a cool ability to be not be easily ambushed from behind. Makes the deadly hunter that much more deadlier to deal with.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2024, 12:44:10 PMI might be misremembering my scripts and finished products here, but isn't there something regarding The Predator that suggests they're sensory organs?
AvP novel by Cerasini does.

razeak

razeak

I remember the lifecycle tinkering tidbit.

The most plausible explanation is P. Anderson is a hack.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Pro-dreads, but I prefer this design:

The Cruentus

I would agree if the head was a bit longer, looks like half a alien head.

BlueMarsalis79

Also surely if the human born Alien comes out significantly taller and larger than a man, then the PredAlien should be significantly taller and larger than a Predator.

Still Collating...

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 30, 2024, 12:25:28 PMAlso surely if the human born Alien comes out significantly taller and larger than a man, then the PredAlien should be significantly taller and larger than a Predator.

Exactly! That's one of my biggest issues. If an Alien somewhat dwarfs a human, a Predalien should do the same proportionate wise to a Predator. So taller and a bit bulkier (but not too much bulk). And the Predator head is quite larger. It's already thick and long. So a Predalien's head should be just as proportionately longer and wider compared to a human born Alien. Dreads or no dreads, fix the head shape and size first! The AvP2010 head design was a step in the right direction. A lot more could be done, but that was at least a start.

The Cruentus

To be fair though, the Runner was similar in size to a human-spawned Alien despite coming from something smaller (dog) or larger (Ox) than a human.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 30, 2024, 11:52:58 AMI would agree if the head was a bit longer, looks like half a alien head.

I think it makes sense its more Xeno looking, since even the Ox/ Dog/ Runner Alien looked mostly like a regular Xeno in Alien3, mostly. :)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:44:25 AMPro-dreads, but I prefer this design:

https://www.scified.com/articles/aliens-vs-predator-2-primal-hunt-online-multiplayer-has-been-restored-54.jpg

I dislike the AvP2 design for the most part, but one thing it nails is the mouth.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 08:37:22 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 30, 2024, 11:52:58 AMI would agree if the head was a bit longer, looks like half a alien head.

I think it makes sense its more Xeno looking, since even the Ox/ Dog/ Runner Alien looked mostly like a regular Xeno in Alien3, mostly. :)
I entirely agree with the statement, I think that's the main problem with the alien design is that they don't even remotely look like Xenomorph

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 30, 2024, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 08:37:22 PM

I entirely agree with the statement, I think that's the main problem with the alien design is that they don't even remotely look like Xenomorph

In AVP Requiem or the art from AVP2 Expansion Pack?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I would say a little bit with AvPR, since that design looks like a mess, but AvP just doesn't look like a xenomorph. It's heavy looks like a human head with monsters feature, rather than xenomorph With predators features

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed