Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,561 times)

Sabby

Sabby

State of Decay: Year One Edition.

This is the very definition of a promising but average game. All the pieces are here, but none of them are as good as they could be, it looks like a PS2 game, and the 'enhanced' rerelease doesn't look any better and has insane frame rate issues.

Jumped back into it when they announced SoD 2 at E3. f**k, this could be really great. Please do it right.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

I never finished this one back in the day, maybe I'll do it this time around. I love the Egyptian aesthetic of it, for sure, though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finally wired by old PS3 back up to my TV and been playing through DOOM3.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I still wish I could play its expansion, Resurrection of Evil.

Now that I'm finished with Overlord II(will keep you busy for quite some time, I estimate 30-40 hours of gametime), these days I've been playing STALKER religiously and continuing my playthrough of Marathon 2 Durandal. Too hot and too lazy to play anything.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Randomizer on Jun 21, 2016, 04:36:01 PMI still wish I could play its expansion, Resurrection of Evil.

Fortunately, this being the BFG Edition, it comes with the expansion (as well as DOOM and DOOM II, win).

I never actually played DOOM3 back in the day, other than the first hour or so at a mate's, so this is my first time through it.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Well, good luck then !  ;D

The first time I've tried it was on my old PC. I was able to get a decent amount of FPS to keep going, but as I progressed I found it harder and harder to play.

When I got to the Cyberdemon the game dropped to about 3-5 FPS and abandoned it ever since. Can't really say I've "completed it".  :P

Vertigo

Vertigo

Doom 3's worth coming back to, unless your computer is older than the game (12 years now...) it shouldn't have performance issues. The engine's a few generations behind, but great art and sound design doesn't age, and in my opinion D3 represents an all-time high water mark for both aspects in gaming.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 19, 2016, 05:27:16 AM
I pulled out my old Guitar Hero games earlier this week, and had a blast playing through the old tunes. Shame the series burned itself out within five years, and to be frank, the new one doesn't look that great.

I agree, it's a big shame. Those games did a lot of good for the music industry back then - great additional revenue stream for artists, and personally I discovered a lot of new bands with them. Never seen such a good game format to play with friends either.

I'm also very surprised that the new Guitar Hero and Rock Band haven't done well, because we're now a generation on from the old ones - there should be a huge audience of kids out there who were too young or poor to play the series in its heyday. Then again, I've never really understood why the format died away.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

is the BFG version worth it?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Not if you already have vanilla Doom 3, or if you want to play mods. Otherwise, go for it, but I'd advise limiting your use of the perma-flashlight, it makes the game look like shit and ruins the atmosphere.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 21, 2016, 08:21:35 PM
Not if you already have vanilla Doom 3, or if you want to play mods. Otherwise, go for it, but I'd advise limiting your use of the perma-flashlight, it makes the game look like shit and ruins the atmosphere.
OK thanks,I was checking the reviews as well so BFG it is.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 21, 2016, 07:07:25 PMis the BFG version worth it?

I mostly got it because it's the version available on consoles; I haven't had a gaming PC since my university days, I'm a console kid through and through nowadays.

If you already have DOOM 3 it's probably not worth it, as you can get the first two games elsewhere, but if not it's definitely worth picking up.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 21, 2016, 08:21:35 PM

Didn't you make that amazing Doom 3 mod?

Vertigo

Vertigo

I made a Doom 3 mod, I don't know about amazing! Mine's the one that bumps durability for most enemies, tweaks the weapon balance to keep them all useful throughout the game, stops the demon corpses and battle damage from disappearing, makes carried ammo capacity near-limitless (with correspondingly lowered pickup amounts) and adds integration with Trent Reznor's D3 alpha demo sounds. Not sure if that's the one you're thinking of.

Sabby

Sabby

Sounds close. Link?

Vertigo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed