Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,618 times)

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

Current fly playing ZombiU on the WiiU... Such a fun game. What survival horror is about at its roots!

Keg

Keg

Hitman: Absolution.

I'm really enjoying it and taking my time, exploring every possible route and technique. The disguise system is nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. Infact its actually very clever and makes you plan your disguises and tactics before moving, rather than just donning a disguise and getting free reign to go where you want. I'm really enjoying the new disguise system. It's the detection from others thats a bit off. They will spot you from miles away with just half your face peeking round a corner. Quickly moving out of their line of sight rectifies this straight away though.

It's alot more linear than the previous games but I like that its not just all about the hits. You get to play the aftermaths of what happens after and I actually really enjoyed the hotel level, where you eventually have to escape and make it back to Chinatown.

Currently i'm back in Chinatown going after the 3 hitmen who are hunting Birdie.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

InFamous 2

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 03, 2012, 05:23:22 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 03, 2012, 05:01:27 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 03, 2012, 02:21:05 AM
I've tried out Castlevania: SotN. The opening fight with Dracula was pretty awesome, but the main game is kicking my ass. I'm not sure how the platforming is meant to work.

In other news, i literally just downloaded Planescape Torment. I'll be trying it out as soon as I can.

I heard of Planescape. I was thinking of trying it out.
You better do it. Its one of the BEST games EVER made and also one of the best RPG games ever made. Maybe its the best RPG ever made next to the Baldur's Gate.

listen to this man. He speaks truth. Planescape is outstanding.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Vepariga on Dec 04, 2012, 02:01:06 AM
I've tried out Castlevania: SotN. The opening fight with Dracula was pretty awesome, but the main game is kicking my ass. I'm not sure how the platforming is meant to work.

In other news, i literally just downloaded Planescape Torment. I'll be trying it out as soon as I can.

You better do it. Its one of the BEST games EVER made and also one of the best RPG games ever made. Maybe its the best RPG ever made next to the Baldur's Gate.

Where can I get it?

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 04, 2012, 02:38:12 AM
Quote from: Vepariga on Dec 04, 2012, 02:01:06 AM

Where can I get it?

should be able to find some torrents avaliable. Some game stores may have it in the extremely cheap PC classics piles.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I got it from Good Old Games for $9.99 US.

Terx2

Terx2

InFamous. I like how Cole looks more messed up and twisted as Evil Cole in this than InFamous 2.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Deathbearer If you get it from GoG, don't forget to check this out http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide ;)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am torn guys, my sister wants to finally bring back Christmas (however she can) since we haven't celebrated it, or bought anything on Christmas since 2002...and she's asking me what game I want. I have no idea what to choose, because my options are (games I want to play so f**king hard) DISHONORED, FAR CRY 3, X-COM, and uh...that's it. Next month I'll pre-order Bioshock and Aliens: CM...so those are already in the works for me, but I need something now!

For those of you guys that have played at least one, or all three of these games, which would be a better investment in the long run? I'm planning on buying them all eventually, but for right now, I need just one.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 04, 2012, 08:38:43 PM
I am torn guys, my sister wants to finally bring back Christmas (however she can) since we haven't celebrated it, or bought anything on Christmas since 2002...and she's asking me what game I want. I have no idea what to choose, because my options are (games I want to play so f**king hard) DISHONORED, FAR CRY 3, X-COM, and uh...that's it. Next month I'll pre-order Bioshock and Aliens: CM...so those are already in the works for me, but I need something now!

For those of you guys that have played at least one, or all three of these games, which would be a better investment in the long run? I'm planning on buying them all eventually, but for right now, I need just one.

i have played just dishonored but it is an awesome game. you can complete the misions in multiple ways so you can play it over and over again. :D

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 04, 2012, 08:38:43 PM

I've got Dishonored and Far Cry 3 and personally I enjoyed Far Cry 3 more

Nope

Nope

Quote from: Keg on Dec 03, 2012, 07:44:10 PM
Hitman: Absolution.

I'm really enjoying it and taking my time, exploring every possible route and technique. The disguise system is nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. Infact its actually very clever and makes you plan your disguises and tactics before moving, rather than just donning a disguise and getting free reign to go where you want. I'm really enjoying the new disguise system. It's the detection from others thats a bit off. They will spot you from miles away with just half your face peeking round a corner. Quickly moving out of their line of sight rectifies this straight away though.

It's alot more linear than the previous games but I like that its not just all about the hits. You get to play the aftermaths of what happens after and I actually really enjoyed the hotel level, where you eventually have to escape and make it back to Chinatown.

Currently i'm back in Chinatown going after the 3 hitmen who are hunting Birdie.
The detection is the biggest problem with the game by far. In purist they are super mind reading aliens that can tell that you are not one of them in like 2 seconds.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm going to install Far Cry 3 tomorrow at long last and get to playing. Gah, damn this schedule of mine...

Terx2

Terx2

Fallout 3 GOTY edition. Currently doing the missions at the pit trying to find the 100 ignots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed