Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film

Started by Predwars24, Feb 16, 2019, 09:23:49 PM

Author
Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film (Read 8,338 times)

SM

Are there timeline plotholes in the AvP series?

Predwars24

I think he means like the Alien skull in Predator 2 if xenomorphs weren't created until the 2100's. I love that idea of everything is canon but just like in the case of Godzilla I feel that would be impossible, way too many problems with all the timelines, I'll also come out and say that I don't like Blade Runner being cannon, I know what Ridley has said, but if I recall he's said many other things in the past that mess with the timeline as well.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 17, 2019, 02:00:11 PMI'll also come out and say that I don't like Blade Runner being cannon, I know what Ridley has said, but if I recall he's said many other things in the past that mess with the timeline as well.

What about Predator being in canon with Commando and Die Hard via the Val Verde-verse? How can you not love that?  ;D

Number13

I prefer not to follow the films that are no good, no offense to those who like ALL the movies. I mean, I like the AVP movies, but they have a lot of flaws and I wanted to do my own stories, clean house, start all over. Mostly because a lot of people don't like the original AVP movies, so I'm fine with sending them down the river. Again, no offense to all those who like all the movies, but I feel no compunction to follow the movies that I don't think are good, like Alien3, Alien Resurrection, AVP, AVPR, and The Predator.

Those who have a problem with that, just be thankful I'm not in charge of the Alien, Predator, and AVP franchise.

SM

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 17, 2019, 02:00:11 PM
I think he means like the Alien skull in Predator 2 if xenomorphs weren't created until the 2100's. I love that idea of everything is canon but just like in the case of Godzilla I feel that would be impossible, way too many problems with all the timelines, I'll also come out and say that I don't like Blade Runner being cannon, I know what Ridley has said, but if I recall he's said many other things in the past that mess with the timeline as well.

Blade Runner isn't canon with anything other than Blade Runner.

Predator can fit with the history depicted in AvP (reinforced in The Predator).  Just not the history depicted in Alien.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Number13 on Jun 18, 2019, 12:10:12 AM
I prefer not to follow the films that are no good, no offense to those who like ALL the movies. I mean, I like the AVP movies, but they have a lot of flaws and I wanted to do my own stories, clean house, start all over. Mostly because a lot of people don't like the original AVP movies, so I'm fine with sending them down the river. Again, no offense to all those who like all the movies, but I feel no compunction to follow the movies that I don't think are good, like Alien3, Alien Resurrection, AVP, AVPR, and The Predator.

No one can fault you for that brother.

Quote from: SM on Jun 18, 2019, 12:47:22 AM

Predator can fit with the history depicted in AvP (reinforced in The Predator).  Just not the history depicted in Alien.

Unless, of course, you want it to.

426Buddy

Of course you can come up with whatever head canon suits your fancy.

However we know Fox considers some things canon and others not, at least regarding the respective properties of Alien, Predator, and AvP.

The best course of action in any situation like this is to just work extra hard to avoid another canon war in whichever thread a canon skirmish erupts.

Voodoo Magic

The canon wars these days usually come when someone says

I love that idea of everything is canon

followed by someone indicating what isn't.

Unless we're discussing official canon, live and let live. Cheers! :)

Number13

I mean he's not the only one, I tried to make all the Terminator movies in one continuity including Genisys since that one ignored Rise and Salvation, and I think that was my mistake in my Terminator finale was trying to put them all together and have it make sense, I thought it was easier since Terminator involves time travel, but I think my mistake was trying incorporate homages from all the movies, I think I went too far. I also tried to make the same thing with the Halloween movies, since there's two different continuities in that series, I tried to combine them, I even tried to combine Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (the one that doesn't have Michael Myers), don't ask why. But I think the new Halloween movie kinda stole my thunder since I couldn't combine that movie with the other ones since it ignored all the sequels, and it's happening again with the new Terminator movie since it ignores all the sequels except T2 like Genisys did.

So yeah, some people wanna follow the continuities of all the movies, some feel no compunction to follow the ones they don't like. I go either way, depends on the franchise. But I think my Terminator story suffered a little bit because I tried to work Genisys into the story, because I started it before Genisys came out.

Voodoo Magic

I always found the Terminator franchise the easiest to include every film in canon because of the multiple timelines. Basically everytime there was time travel it created a new timeline. The only issue I took with it is the first film operated on different time travel theory than its four sequels.

Predwars24

Quote from: SM on Jun 18, 2019, 12:47:22 AM

Didn't Ridley say something about Blade Runner being Canon to Alien or did I get that confused somewhere?

Quote from: Number13 on Jun 18, 2019, 04:41:41 AM
I mean he's not the only one, I tried to make all the Terminator movies in one continuity including Genisys since that one ignored Rise and Salvation, and I think that was my mistake in my Terminator finale was trying to put them all together and have it make sense, I thought it was easier since Terminator involves time travel, but I think my mistake was trying incorporate homages from all the movies, I think I went too far. I also tried to make the same thing with the Halloween movies, since there's two different continuities in that series, I tried to combine them, I even tried to combine Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (the one that doesn't have Michael Myers), don't ask why. But I think the new Halloween movie kinda stole my thunder since I couldn't combine that movie with the other ones since it ignored all the sequels, and it's happening again with the new Terminator movie since it ignores all the sequels except T2 like Genisys did.

So yeah, some people wanna follow the continuities of all the movies, some feel no compunction to follow the ones they don't like. I go either way, depends on the franchise. But I think my Terminator story suffered a little bit because I tried to work Genisys into the story, because I started it before Genisys came out.

Like I mentioned I tried to do this for Godzilla and as I mentioned it's impossible with all the continuity errors from one series to the next. I'm excited for Dark Fate but like you've mentioned that makes a third timeline in the continuity which for most people will be confusing.

Number13

But back on the subject of this thread. I think they should take what is good about Alien and Predator and learn from the mistakes of the first two AVPs. And I think they should take ideas from the first ever AVP comic book, except the human/Predator team up, and the ideas from the games that people loved.

I hope to one day adapt my AVP scripts into animated movies, just to see if it can be done, to do a good AVP story. That's why I tried to do my AVP stories, because I wanna know if it can be done right, because some people think because of the original movies they've made, that it can't be done.

And again, I wish they would give it another try, just because those two AVP movies failed, doesn't mean it's not possible. Did you know the Maltese Falcon was adapted two times before they made the movie that eventually became the classic film with Bogart? Yeah, the Bogart one was so good, most people didn't even realize it was the second remake.

Predwars24

people seem to be interested in an animated avp. Sounds interesting and lots more can easily be done in an animated film.

Voodoo Magic

I'd be quite excited to see an animated AvP film sure!

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 18, 2019, 12:21:08 PM
Didn't Ridley say something about Blade Runner being Canon to Alien or did I get that confused somewhere?

In an official capacity I may be wrong but I don't believe Ridley has ever said that directly, no. Plus one's Fox, one's Warner Bros, so some sort of Sony & Disney Spider-Man type deal would have to occur to make it official.

However there's probably a fair arguement to make that it's been implied through easter eggs, subtle references and such...

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see any crossover as particularly appropriate for Alien, but I'll take Alien and Blade Runner over AVP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed