What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 594,420 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've yet to visit a single fandom that doesn't give me that reaction.

Necronomicon II

The most sober fandom is the Blade Runner fandom I've found, mostly since it only has 2 film properties that were fortunately both masterpieces.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

The Star Wars fandom is the worst of them all.

Compared to that, most other fandoms seem quite reasonable.

Necronomicon II

Star Trek is right up there too.

TheSailingRabbit

Don't forget the "shipping wars" that plague every fandom in existence. Look it, I don't care who you ship, but sending death threats to someone for shipping a couple is never OK. Sending death threats to someone for liking a book, movie, or comic within the franchise isn't OK, either. It's disgusting.

I don't judge a franchise based on how the fandom is. I used to be a big fan of Star Wars. I still enjoy it, and can rattle off trivia to you, but I slowed down after The Force Awakens came out. For me, as well as my dad, who probably has every SW book that came out since '78 up to a few years ago, the movie was disappointing. I don't care if you like the new stuff--just don't be a dick to me because I prefer the old stuff. And vice versa.

Do I wish more people would follow that? Yeah, but it's wholly unrealistic.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I still remember a good chunk of the Harry Potter fandom losing its shit over their preferred ships not happening.

Huggs

Huggs

Are we talking naval warfare or a postal service problem here?

The Old One

The Old One

Shipping. *Shudders*

Reylo...

Spoiler

[close]

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2019, 08:40:04 PM
I still remember a good chunk of the Harry Potter fandom losing its shit over their preferred ships not happening.

Drop by Quotev sometime. I will never understand some of the HP ships over there.

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 29, 2019, 08:44:02 PM
Are we talking naval warfare or a postal service problem here?

Shipping - picturing two characters in a relationship, canon or not. Drake/Vasquez is an example of a ship.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 29, 2019, 08:46:58 PM
Shipping - picturing two characters in a relationship, canon or not. Drake/Vasquez is an example of a ship.

Ah, that explains what they meant when I wrote that Old Dutch story.

And here I thought they were just talking about shipping action figures.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 29, 2019, 08:50:03 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 29, 2019, 08:46:58 PM

And here I thought they were just talking about shipping action figures.

Well, you can . . . I'm pretty sure they're articulated enough to where you can make them hug.

Shasvre

Shasvre

That Dobby and Kreacher never hooked up is a goddam outrage, I tell you!

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 29, 2019, 10:50:07 PM

That Dobby and Kreacher never hooked up is a goddam outrage, I tell you!

They were destined to be together  >:(

Huggs

Huggs

Just received word that the boss is finally leaving. Not much love lost there, but there are some other essential personnel who are going to follow boss out the door. Not good, not good.

I just realized who some of those other people are. An actual tear just rolled down my face.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

"Last week my fanclub broke up... The guy died."

-Rodney Dangerfield

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 30, 2019, 02:22:24 AM
Just received word that the boss is finally leaving. Not much love lost there, but there are some other essential personnel who are going to follow boss out the door. Not good, not good.

I just realized who some of those other people are. An actual tear just rolled down my face.

Better than a fictional or delusional tear, no?

No, no idea what's going on but take care.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed