What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 594,549 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear that, Prez. I hope you swing a new job soon! I was made redundant a few years back, but had the weird experience of then applying for a position that was basically what I was doing but under completely different management and a new department.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 29, 2024, 09:31:22 AMSorry to hear that, Prez. I hope you swing a new job soon! I was made redundant a few years back, but had the weird experience of then applying for a position that was basically what I was doing but under completely different management and a new department.

Thanks mate. Been down this round a couple of times. Never nice but sometimes a good opportunity to upgrade or move sideways even. The SaaS industry is rather volatile at the best of times so not totally unexpected.

SiL

SiL

I feel you. Video production is in the shitter at the moment. Big jobs are being killed by strikes and slate cutdowns, smaller jobs are being vacuumed up by AI tools. The middle ground where I normally work is getting flooded with talent making it more competitive than ever.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Stayed late at work last night. Was expected to be done at 9pm. I left at 2am. Back in this morning at 8 for contractors. I'm tired.  :'(

Master Chief

Master Chief

Wishing you all the best as you journey through life.

oduodu

oduodu

so the 4th industrial  revolution is a reality then? cloud computing ... robotics..  ai   ..the end of the normal working man s life?

i never thought  i d see it happen.

Immortan Jonesy

Not long ago I would have loved to walk into a grocery store that was almost completely empty and unstaffed other than robots and AI.

What change? Therapy. I was diagnosed with autism. I'm sorry to sound like a selfish dick, but social interaction used to be something very unpleasant for me.

oduodu

oduodu

funny you should mention that. i always remember on days when the school class was  half empty  how much more relaxed i was and able to focus on my work.

i don t know if that s autism in my case. but yeah same here: i really hate being between a lot of people.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Typical Kentucky can't make up its mind weather.  Tuesday it was 79 degrees Fahrenheit.  Wednesday it was 42 degrees Fahrenheit.  Swapping back and forth murders my sinuses.

Still 40's yesterday and today, but gonna jump up twenty degrees again tomorrow. 

Also, only one snow for the winter.  Going to be an awful bug year.  Had a really cold week, with temperatures in the single digits, but need weeks and weeks of it, not just one. Mosquitos and yellowjackets gonna be everywhere. 

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 01, 2024, 04:29:23 PMNot long ago I would have loved to walk into a grocery store that was almost completely empty and unstaffed other than robots and AI.

I'd love robot run stores.

But we'd need universal basic income to stop everyone turning homeless at the same time.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2024, 01:04:52 PMStayed late at work last night. Was expected to be done at 9pm. I left at 2am. Back in this morning at 8 for contractors. I'm tired.  :'(
I know the feeling, yesterday I worked from 7:30 to 4:30 and then my boss asked me to do extra hours, so I was working until 9 PM. I go to home and taking care of my baby and she couldn't sleep until the 4 AM 😭 and today I had to get up at 6:30 AM to go to work again. Coca cola it's my best friend in this cases

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2024, 08:48:45 AMI feel you. Video production is in the shitter at the moment. Big jobs are being killed by strikes and slate cutdowns, smaller jobs are being vacuumed up by AI tools. The middle ground where I normally work is getting flooded with talent making it more competitive than ever.

Had a very good chat with a close friend last night who does a lot of digital and TVC stuff on post. Said similar about A.I. (Sora) already cutting into that market.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 01, 2024, 04:29:23 PMNot long ago I would have loved to walk into a grocery store that was almost completely empty and unstaffed other than robots and AI.

What change? Therapy. I was diagnosed with autism. I'm sorry to sound like a selfish dick, but social interaction used to be something very unpleasant for me.

I hope this isn't too personal a question, but do you find it a lot more comfortable to interact socially somewhere like here instead of face to face? Good on you for being candid enough to share what you did with us too. I have a few friends with similar diagnoses. It's great to normalise it.

SiL

SiL

Sora isn't commercially available yet, how is it cutting in?

Immortan Jonesy

Oh boy, I can already imagine the storm of fake news once Sora is allowed to be used by people. It will be something like when the nerds who made the Internet expressed disappointment in humanity because they thought that critical thinking and rationality would reign thanks to their invention.😅

Quote from: Prez on Mar 01, 2024, 10:57:42 PM

I hope this isn't too personal a question, but do you find it a lot more comfortable to interact socially somewhere like here instead of face to face? Good on you for being candid enough to share what you did with us too. I have a few friends with similar diagnoses. It's great to normalise it.

Actually yes, I talk more with people here than in my physical context. I live alone, in my house. I've good family communication through, but when it comes to social interaction beyond family...🙈

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 14, 2024, 09:43:38 PM
Quote from: Retropocalypse on Feb 14, 2024, 09:04:55 AMIt's that day of being being reminded that you're single...
haha Did you really need V-Day to remind you?  ;) Enjoy it.  Plenty of benefits of being single.
I really miss my days when I was single 😅

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed