Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,163 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Daken on Dec 14, 2010, 08:36:11 AM
Cable & Deadpool was such a great series. I miss it.

Haha, that's awesome. :D

Thanks for sharing. =)

SM

SM

Just read The Beatles Experience.

Picture this - in fact I'll picture it for you:

And multiply it by about 100, and you'll have an idea how utterly lame The Beatles Experience is.  But in way that you just have to keep reading to find out if it'll get lamer - and then rejoice when it does!  Like a panel of Paul McCartney driving a car with Julian Lennon in the front seat and Macca telling him "Hey Jules.  Don't make it bad.  Take a sad song and make it better."  Then thinking - "Hey Jules... hey Jules... I KNOW!  HEY JUDE!"  Or the Beatles opening for Roy Orbison in the early 1960s and George Harrison saying - "I'd like be make an album with him.  Sometime between now and... 1988!"

I kept looking for an inkling that the writer was in it for the lulz.  Sadly not.  The stuff about Nixon (with devil horns) using the CIA to hire Chapman to shoot Lennon strayed too far into 'excrutiating' territory, but otherwise it took itself so terribly seriously it was impossible not to laugh at it.

Undeadite

Undeadite

I just found out that the new Walking Dead issues won't be released until early January.  :'(

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Spawn #200 is the next major comic that I'm looking forward at the moment.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Like most of their events, it will probably suck. I'm hoping that it won't.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Marvel is planning something big.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=26691

Some info from Tom Brevoort and Axel Alonso:

"You know, we went into the Heroic Age, and we took a year or so off from doing big, interconnected event series, because we sensed a certain fatigue was setting in, both on the part of the readers and our creators. And fans seemed to like that for the most part. But now we're all well-rested and it's time to get back to business again."

"So the thing we're going to be talking about a week from now is massive. It's incredibly huge, incredibly far-reaching. It's a big ol' bombshell to drop, and there's not much more I can say about it ahead of time. But yes, this will not be a small thing. This will be a grand, sweeping, epic Marvel event the likes of which you haven't seen in a few years. It's definitely larger in scope than "Siege," more on the scale of "Secret Invasion," and as ambitious in its way as "Civil War."

"To that end, we're having a press conference on Tuesday at Noon Eastern at a location we can't reveal quite yet. But if you can't make it, we're streaming the whole thing live on Marvel.Com."

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 18, 2010, 07:28:08 PMLike most of their events, it will probably suck. I'm hoping that it won't.

Siege was okay, it was certainly better the second time I read it. It didn't come close to Blackest Night though.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ima be reading Blackest Night soon. I already read JUSTICE, 52, and KINGDOM COME, and they were f**king insane.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, Kingdom Come and Justice are the best. I can't get enough of Alex Ross. :)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I still have to read Siege since I notice there are many paper trade backs, and I have no idea which one do I start off at? The new event that Marvel seems to be planning sounds awesome, and I hope its much better then Heroic Age which was not that great if you ask me.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just noticed that Alex Ross' Justice is getting a hardcover release in August 2011.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Justice-Jim-Krueger/dp/1401231853/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292715023&sr=1-3

I have the Absolute Edition, but barely dare to open it. It will be nice to get a collection you can actually read. :D

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Jesus, when is marvel going to stop being so damn pretentious and realize that people stopped caring about their "enormous, over-reaching events" years ago? I mean, yeah, it was kind of cool back in the 70s and 80s when it was a once in a blue moon type of thing, but when one massive crossover just leads into another, and the few changes they actually dare to make are never for the better, people lose interest.

They really need to just let Abnett and Lanning take over the plotting of the entire universe.

And for God's sake, get Greg Pak off of Hulk! We all loved Planet Hulk, but then he went completely batshit!

... :-\

/rant

DC remains awesome, though. They haven't done anything to piss me off lately, and they've reduced their comics back to 2.99. Which is really nice for someone that buys a lot - that dollar adds up fast.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If they are still making events, that means there are people who will go there and have a look at them, Marvel isn't stupid.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 18, 2010, 07:28:21 PM
Marvel is planning something big.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=26691

Some info from Tom Brevoort and Axel Alonso:

"You know, we went into the Heroic Age, and we took a year or so off from doing big, interconnected event series, because we sensed a certain fatigue was setting in, both on the part of the readers and our creators. And fans seemed to like that for the most part. But now we're all well-rested and it's time to get back to business again."

"So the thing we're going to be talking about a week from now is massive. It's incredibly huge, incredibly far-reaching. It's a big ol' bombshell to drop, and there's not much more I can say about it ahead of time. But yes, this will not be a small thing. This will be a grand, sweeping, epic Marvel event the likes of which you haven't seen in a few years. It's definitely larger in scope than "Siege," more on the scale of "Secret Invasion," and as ambitious in its way as "Civil War."

"To that end, we're having a press conference on Tuesday at Noon Eastern at a location we can't reveal quite yet. But if you can't make it, we're streaming the whole thing live on Marvel.Com."

Looks interesting, I like the taglines on the posters. I wonder what it'll be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed