ShadowPred

Quote from: Huol on May 02, 2010, 03:46:49 AM
Quote from: Sundriver` on Apr 28, 2010, 04:33:16 AM
Been getting into "The Walking Dead" graphic novels,

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/41300000/41302385.JPG
good choice.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 28, 2010, 03:17:54 AM
f**king horrifying shit right there.

Also, I have just developed a fondness for Squirrel Girl ... damn it.

MY CUTE GIRLS CUTER THAN YOUUUURS
http://i39.tinypic.com/qx44g6.jpg

I like 'em both, so...

Huol

Huol

There can be only one!

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

I'd Take Harley. im weak for crazy ladies.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well, at least Ghost Rider ain't "canceled" (sorta), yet. Just one of the many teaser images for this new event or whatever.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Halo: Helljumpers was pretty good. If you like Dutch or Romeo, it's even better.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Yautja117 on May 09, 2010, 02:20:49 AM
Halo: Helljumpers was pretty good. If you like Dutch or Romeo, it's even better.

Dutch was awesome, I use his armor in Firefight.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Same. The comic's pretty good, even introducing us to Dutch's wife. Overall, it's a 9/10.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just read Astonishing X-Men 1-24 and wow, it was great. Beautiful artwork and some excellent writing from Joss Whedon. This is seriously the best X-Men comic I have ever read. :o

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on May 11, 2010, 12:36:22 PM
I just read Astonishing X-Men 1-24 and wow, it was great. Beautiful artwork and some excellent writing from Joss Whedon. This is seriously the best X-Men comic I have ever read. :o

I am about to read that! I just ordered a really big book (Omnibus they're called) that collects the first 24 issues. Glad to know it's good. I am looking forward to it.  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 08, 2010, 03:26:49 PM
Well, at least Ghost Rider ain't "canceled" (sorta), yet. Just one of the many teaser images for this new event or whatever.

Nice artwork. Any word on who's writing it?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well it ain't an event exclusive to Ghost Rider. This just shows that we'll be seeing more of him, which I hope means that his own book will be coming back.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on May 11, 2010, 04:13:45 PMI am about to read that! I just ordered a really big book (Omnibus they're called) that collects the first 24 issues. Glad to know it's good. I am looking forward to it.  :)

I got a hold of it by "other" means, but I will definitely get the omnibus as well. :)

By the way, I'm looking for some help from a Daredevil fan. Which one of these collections should I read first if I want to get into the Daredevil stories?

Collects Daredevil #1-15, plus extras.

Collects Daredevil #61-81, Daredevil: Ninja #1-3, and What If? Karen Page.

So that first one with Kevin Smith, is that the original so to speak? Do the other omnibuses follow the same storyline and if so, why are there a giant leap between issue 15 and 61?

I know there are two other omnibuses that follows the last one, so I'll get a hold of them later.

First Blood

First Blood

The Kevin Smith material is from the realm so to speak as Punisher from Marvel Knights (Welcome Back Frank)

Marvel tends to reboot magazines, so after the Daredevil Marvel Knight run they rebooted the book and had Brain Michael Bendis write for it. This tends to be confusing, so I apologize. The Kevin Smith material is different from the Bendis material

I would go with the Kevin Smith volume first. There are quite a few Omnibus' that deal with Daredevil. Unfortunately most are out of print (including the Frank Millar material) The one above by Bendis is Vol. 2 of a two volume set. Volume 1 is out of print, so if you started with that second volume, story wise it might not make sense *if* you read haven't read those stories.

Mark Steven Johnson based his Daredevil movie heavily on the Kevin Smith and Frank Miller material (they both have cameos in the film)

Here is a link to Vol. 1 of that two volume set by Bendis
http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Michael-Bendis-Maleev-Omnibus/dp/0785131124

As you can see, since it's out of print they're asking outrageous prices for it.  :-\

From a story stand point it would make more sense to read the Kevin Smith material first.

Any more Q's let me know!  :)

Ryu

Ryu

Guys, I have a question: I wonder, was it worth buying the manga series BloodPlus? I've seen anime film Blood: The Last Vampire, and I began to see some episodes of the anime series, but nevertheless, I wonder if the mangas 8 are good to buy or not.
I´ also have ,the  10 books of The walking dead.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on May 11, 2010, 09:25:26 PMThe Kevin Smith material is from the realm so to speak as Punisher from Marvel Knights (Welcome Back Frank)

Marvel tends to reboot magazines, so after the Daredevil Marvel Knight run they rebooted the book and had Brain Michael Bendis write for it. This tends to be confusing, so I apologize. The Kevin Smith material is different from the Bendis material

I would go with the Kevin Smith volume first. There are quite a few Omnibus' that deal with Daredevil. Unfortunately most are out of print (including the Frank Millar material) The one above by Bendis is Vol. 2 of a two volume set. Volume 1 is out of print, so if you started with that second volume, story wise it might not make sense *if* you read haven't read those stories.

Mark Steven Johnson based his Daredevil movie heavily on the Kevin Smith and Frank Miller material (they both have cameos in the film)

Here is a link to Vol. 1 of that two volume set by Bendis
http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Michael-Bendis-Maleev-Omnibus/dp/0785131124

As you can see, since it's out of print they're asking outrageous prices for it.  :-\

From a story stand point it would make more sense to read the Kevin Smith material first.

Any more Q's let me know!  :)

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Kevin Smith Omnibus first then. I'll get the other ones as well if I can afford it between this, Astonishing X-Men and the Thor stories I'm planing to get. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed