No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,038 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This book seems like its going to be awesome ;D

Rocket Raccoon & Groot Ultimate Collection

QuoteAfter the Guardians of the Galaxy disbanded, Rocket Raccoon settled into a quiet life with a steady job in a mailroom. But when a killer clown made of sentient wood attacks him at work, the trigger-fingered and quick-witted hero must journey to Planet X - home of his old buddy Groot, the giant tree-creature - in search of answers! The cosmic dream team is reunited at last! Then: Mojo, bloated entertainment mogul of the Mojoverse, battles Rocket Raccoon and Groot...onstage! It's a high-stakes campy cosmic free-for-all! Plus: get caught up on the early adventures of Rocket and Groot!

COLLECTING: Tales to Astonish (1959) 13 (Groot story ), Incredible Hulk (1968) 271, Rocket Raccoon 1-4, Marvel Preview 7 (Sword in the Star story ), Annihilators 1-4 (Rocket Raccoon & Groot stories ), Annihilators : Earthfall 1-4 (Rocket Raccoon & Groot stories )

From what I've heard, the Rocket Raccoon and Groot stuff from the back of the Annihilators books was the best part of those books, and more of these two guys is always a great thing!

Ryu

Ryu

To all a Merry Christmas.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Code Geass ftw.

Aspie

Aspie

I HAVE THE DEATH OF PETER PARKER SERIES

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Read Spider-Man 700 today....f**king hate it to death.

Read Cable and X-Force 1 and 2 today, am liking it bit by bit, can't wait to see what happens in issue three because of that whole bit at the end of part 2.

Read the first issue of a new IMAGE series called Mara, looks interesting if you ask me.

Just barely, right this second, finished reading Thor: God of Thunder # 1. The artwork is f**king awesome, and the writing is also f**king sweet, completely hooked by this, and I f**king love this sort of detective story we are seeing in different time periods...love that we're taking in for a ride like this.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 02:21:35 AM
Read Spider-Man 700 today....f**king hate it to death.

Read Cable and X-Force 1 and 2 today, am liking it bit by bit, can't wait to see what happens in issue three because of that whole bit at the end of part 2.

Read the first issue of a new IMAGE series called Mara, looks interesting if you ask me.

Just barely, right this second, finished reading Thor: God of Thunder # 1. The artwork is f**king awesome, and the writing is also f**king sweet, completely hooked by this, and I f**king love this sort of detective story we are seeing in different time periods...love that we're taking in for a ride like this.

I enjoyed 698, I'm reading 699 right now.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I didn't bother reading those...just went straight to 700 because I thought it would be a disservice to my childhood hero to not be there for his final issue.

Also, I'm about to read Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 and to my knowledge this is our first taste of the beginning of Superior Spider-Man...all I know for sure at this point is that it takes place after ASM 700.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 02:52:19 AM
I didn't bother reading those...just went straight to 700 because I thought it would be a disservice to my childhood hero to not be there for his final issue.

Also, I'm about to read Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 and to my knowledge this is our first taste of the beginning of Superior Spider-Man...all I know for sure at this point is that it takes place after ASM 700.

He's supposed to be a darker Spider-man.

Just got on 700.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't been keeping up with the news, but this is Marvel...won't they just wind up retconning/rebooting it within a year and bring Peter back?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 28, 2012, 03:11:15 AM

I haven't been keeping up with the news, but this is Marvel...won't they just wind up retconning/rebooting it within a year and bring Peter back?

Slott continues to say that he doesn't want to do that. He think it's time for some change, and he points to Flash Thompson being Venom as a way to prove that he is going to keep Superior Spider-Man for a long time. A while ago there was a post in this thread that said something along the lines of Marvel wanting Superior Spider-Man, in the future, to have fans that only know the new cast...Dan Slott wants new readers/fans to know next to nothing of who Peter Parker is.

I think we'll find out the truth once The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters. They always line up their comics to coincide with the films anyway.

Aspie

Aspie

Just finished Spider-Man 700 :(

Magegg

Magegg

Simply I'm not interested in this 'Superior Spider-Man', even if technically Otto Octavius is now Peter Parker.

I dropped Amazing Spider-Man before the Ends of Earth arc finished, and I don't think Superior could deliver more interesting stories.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 28, 2012, 03:42:41 AM

f**king sad it is. Also, did you notice something off about Otto's mind inside Peter's body? Like, Peter still actually being in his body, or is that just me? Because I definitely saw things here and there that made me feel that Marvel did create some sort of back up plan for Peter's return. And I'm definitely seeing evidence of it right now in Avenging Spider-Man 15.1

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 03:47:01 AM

f**king sad it is. Also, did you notice something off about Otto's mind inside Peter's body? Like, Peter still actually being in his body, or is that just me? Because I definitely saw things here and there that made me feel that Marvel did create some sort of back up plan for Peter's return. And I'm definitely seeing evidence of it right now in Avenging Spider-Man 15.1

I thought he had a subtle connection with Peter Parker's memories before the dying Doc Oc (Peter) strengthened the connection at the end. But maybe there's a chance Peter Parker's mind can regenerate from memories ect., but that might be far fetched on my part.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 28, 2012, 04:02:34 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 03:47:01 AM

I thought he had a subtle connection with Peter Parker's memories before the dying Doc Oc (Peter) strengthened the connection at the end. But maybe there's a chance Peter Parker's mind can regenerate from memories ect., but that might be far fetched on my part.

It's probably not...I can't recall which moments made me think that this is a possible idea in Issue 700...but in Avenging Spider-man 15.1 there's a scene where
Spoiler
Doc Ock as Peter is walking to work, and a thief runs off with something...the guy calls out for someone to stop the thief, and Otto is all like "this shit ain't worth my time" or something...BUT, he end up stopping him by raising his arm as a sort of obstacle for the Thief to run into and hit. Otto then chalks that up to instinct...and that's when my theory had its alarm ringing like crazy, because I honestly believe that Peter is still in there somewhere.

I would like to think that the octobot that did the mind melding was simply a tool used to not LITERALLY transfer minds...but I think it was something that just copied their respective minds to their bodies...sort of like copying a file to a computer or something, but that somehow it made the transferred mind be the DOMINANT one. It's just that! Peter can still get back into his mind, he's simply being held back by Otto's!

Otto is actually dead...Peter still lives. I'll f**king keep to that until I see otherwise.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed