Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,178 times)

First Blood

First Blood

I wouldn't say there's interference, but their events tend to be overbloated. And span multiple books. Like Laufey said, you have to track down a bunch of issues to find out what's going on.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ahh, all right. I'm glad that kind of stuff stayed out of Marvel's cosmic stories, then. I was able to get into GotG just fine without reading Secret Invasion, War of Kings, or Realm of Kings. And from the looks of it, The Thanos Imperative is easy to jump into without having read any of the series it ties in to.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeah, The Thanos Imperative feels like a direct sequel to GotG.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 20, 2012, 02:12:18 PM
Ahh, all right. I'm glad that kind of stuff stayed out of Marvel's cosmic stories, then. I was able to get into GotG just fine without reading Secret Invasion, War of Kings, or Realm of Kings. And from the looks of it, The Thanos Imperative is easy to jump into without having read any of the series it ties in to.

I think between the several of us we could answer any questions going 20+ years back lol. I love talking shop.

Magegg

Rick Grimes

Shasvre

Shasvre

While I'm usually okay with the idea of a Superman/Wonder Woman relationship, I just don't think this volume of Justice League is going to handle it very well. I'm not really impressed with Geoff Johns characters so far. Maybe if it was the Action Comics Superman and the Wonder Woman from her own title. :-\

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

It's funny, I never really read DC but love Superman. I like the pairing of those two.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Some interior art for the new Thor series. It does look very nice. :)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Nice to see they got that crap off his hammer. Which one is this?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Jason Aaron's.

What crap on the hammer do you mean? I haven't really kept a close eye on Thor since Straczynski's run.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 22, 2012, 07:00:22 PM
Jason Aaron's.

What crap on the hammer do you mean? I haven't really kept a close eye on Thor since Straczynski's run.

Lucky you, lol. They've really effed him up bad since then. But um, in the XvA run he has like little designs on it sorta like the movie. No explanation, they're just there. It was retarded.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I didn't mind the look in the movie myself.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 22, 2012, 06:47:10 PM
Some interior art for the new Thor series. It does look very nice. :)

I hope the colorist doesn't f**k this up.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 22, 2012, 07:31:43 PM
I didn't mind the look in the movie myself.

Not really the point :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed