Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,025 times)

I'm assuming that is alfred.

Shasvre

Shasvre

AvatarIII is right, that's what Alfred looks like in this take.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quite the change. He looks exactly like the Jim Gordon I'm used to seeing lol

Shasvre

Shasvre

And here's a first look at Volume 2 of Superman: Earth One as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of new take this team will have on the more well known villains. The villain in the first volume was a bit of a disappointment, but here it looks like he's fighting Parasite. Looks quite different from the one we're used to.

And while I like the Man of Steel suit, this is what a reboot costume should have looked like.

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

The next comic I'll be reading is 'Ultimate Spider-Man'.

I don't have to read the other 'Ultimate' titles in chronological order in order to fully enjoy 'USM', though, do I? (Though I do plan to eventually read all/most of them.)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Laufey on Jan 05, 2012, 10:13:45 PM
And here's a first look at Volume 2 of Superman: Earth One as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of new take this team will have on the more well known villains. The villain in the first volume was a bit of a disappointment, but here it looks like he's fighting Parasite. Looks quite different from the one we're used to.

And while I like the Man of Steel suit, this is what a reboot costume should have looked like.

This looks pretty decent.  I'm sure it's hard for artists to walk the fine line of rebooting a character, changing a bit and making it fresh while not losing the basis of the character.  God, they should be absolute pros at it by now, seeing as Superman was created in 1938.

On that note, how long can the same characters really be kept going?  In my opinion, it's gone beyond insane lengths of time and crossed into some bizarre world where we perpetually keep redoing the same characters over and over.  I don't get it.

Pn2501

Pn2501

the bat-faggotry continues

link

..........mcu crew beware.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jan 08, 2012, 10:20:19 PMOn that note, how long can the same characters really be kept going?  In my opinion, it's gone beyond insane lengths of time and crossed into some bizarre world where we perpetually keep redoing the same characters over and over.  I don't get it.

Even if some stories are done over and over again, there's always coming in new people to this that don't want to go back 20 years or something to check out said story (even though sometimes they should). And seeing as how the visuals are very important, just getting a new artist will keep things fresh for a while. :)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Mass Effect: Evolution
If you are a serious major geek for this series you HAVE TO read the comics.  Evolution is the second collection of mass effect comics and tells the back story to the Illusive Man who's real name is Jack Harper also why he has those pretty eyes.  But the most impressive by far is the whole story of the First Contact war AND the back story of Saren and why he hates humanity.  The art is very well done and the colors are very striking in some pages.

Also fun fact this is the only Mass Effect anything that shows a female Turian  ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Pretty awesome stuff. :)

First Blood

First Blood

Interesting. Where are they from?  :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 09, 2012, 10:24:25 PM
Interesting. Where are they from?  :)
They were posted over at CBM. This is the artist.

http://dustsplat.cghub.com/

First Blood

First Blood

Really cool stuff. Although Superman does look a little like Gerard Butler.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

I was thinking Joe Mangianello with some Russel Crowe, which I guess kinda makes sense for Superman. At least Joe. :D

And totally unrelated, Millar's new comics looks kinda fun.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=52490

First Blood

First Blood

Just ordered this.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed