No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,132 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 19, 2011, 02:57:58 PM
I started to read From Hell.
I'm having a really, really hard time following it.

It seems to meander around quite a bit for the first few chapters, but it's great once it kicks into gear.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 26, 2011, 01:41:52 AM
I added these babies to my collection this past week ;D

Is that a single issue of Superman or a collection?

Just read The Walking Dead #90.

Spoiler
Hm, Andrea and Rick. Yeah, figured they would hook up eventually. Let's see where this leads.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Single. It's still in its packaging.

Daken

Daken

I read the last issue of Uncanny X-Men. What a waste of continuity.

Justin Bailey

Justin Bailey

I've been stock piling on DC stuff.  The last thing I read was the Return of Bruce Wayne.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Justin Bailey on Oct 27, 2011, 09:41:00 PM
I've been stock piling on DC stuff.  The last thing I read was the Return of Bruce Wayne.

I absolutely loved reading that, especially the moment Bruce Wayne returns, such a boss.

Keg

Keg

Im thinking of reading some Spawn. Don't know why the character just appeals to me. I've never seen the film or the HBO series so I've got no expectations. There's a few collections from the very start of its run relatively cheap on Ebay. any fans of Spawn on here and is it a good read?

Shasvre

Shasvre

I used to read a lot of Spawn some years ago. I went back to the beginning a few months ago to really get into it and was frustrated by how many stories that seemed to just end very abruptly, without any satisfying ending whatsoever. Seems like a lot of the early Spawn stories crossed over with other comics and such they sometimes ended in those instead.

Other than that, I quite like Spawn. The artwork is really cool in that 90's kind of way, the story can be really good from time to time (a few aren't that very interesting though, but there are more good ones than bad ones at least) and it sets up a interesting mythology.

I would definitely recommend checking out some of the early stuff and give it a try. :)

Keg

Keg

Apparently the Origin Collections have missed out some issues for that reason, because they introduced story arcs and new characters that went off into their own series and got wrapped up within them. At first when I was doign a spot fo research I was disapointed that some issues from the early days are missing but it sounds like its probably for the best. Especially for a new reader like myself.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeah, makes the whole thing a bit more coherent at least.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Early Spawn comics where great and you should find origins volumes which has the earlier issues. Stuff like Curse of the Spawn, Hellspawn and Spawn: Godslayer are not canon, so you don't need to worry about them. I have not read any of the recent issues for a while since the new issues always been hit or miss to me.

QuoteApparently the Origin Collections have missed out some issues for that reason

That was because of copy right issues. You could find Spawn Collection Vol 1 -6 on Amazon which has them.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

2 days till Animal Man # 3.

;D

Keg

Keg

Theres still quite alot of Batman im interested in checking out so I think i'll hold off on Spawn for now actually.

Just ordered Catwoman: When In Rome, Batman: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader and Batman: Gothic.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Keg on Oct 31, 2011, 09:20:14 PMJust ordered Catwoman: When In Rome, Batman: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader and Batman: Gothic.

A great choice, seeing as how you liked The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. :)

Keg

Keg

It's been a few months since I bought any and I always intended to pick that one up. Arkham City has spurred on my thirst for Batman again. Ive been watching the Animated Series as well and this time im hoping to watch every single episode eventually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed