Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 907,003 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Yeah, the internal monologue is an intrinsic part of his character. Have you read the issue where his powers go haywire after the courthouse bombing?

If they could find a way to make that work in a film it'd be amazing, but you'd need some seriously innovative director.

Huol

Huol

On that one now.
Also in born again, when he talks about the hospital sheets feeling like sandpaper.
Details like that would get lost in a movie.

Unless shit starts getting really surreal. I picture extreme close ups of cotton with horrible grindy sound effects or something.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Yeah I've got limited experience with marvel I still need to read some of that good DD stuff.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 22, 2011, 02:05:40 PMYeah, the internal monologue is an intrinsic part of his character.

That's why we need Michael C. Hall for the movie. That guy knows how to do it. ;D

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Jul 22, 2011, 02:08:08 PM
On that one now.
Also in born again, when he talks about the hospital sheets feeling like sandpaper.

Unless shit starts getting really surreal. I picture extreme close ups of cotton with horrible grindy sound effects or something.

Yeah when a good writer gets a hold of DD they do such awesome things with the way he perceives the world. He's one of the few characters where his powers literally work best in the medium of comics.

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jul 22, 2011, 02:16:38 PM
Yeah I've got limited experience with marvel I still need to read some of that good DD stuff.

Born Again, then the Bendis run.

Those are the greats for me. Millers run is more of an evolutionary thing, seeing him develop as an artist/writer and seeing more mature things come into mainstream comics.

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 22, 2011, 02:21:15 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Jul 22, 2011, 02:05:40 PMYeah, the internal monologue is an intrinsic part of his character.

That's why we need Michael C. Hall for the movie. That guy knows how to do it. ;D

He looks the part but I'm not sure if he has the range. DD's all over the place psychologically.

Huol

Huol

I love this stuff.

And yeah can't see Michael C Hall.

Quote from: Huol on Jul 22, 2011, 02:08:08 PM
On that one now.

all i can think of is CSI style close-ups

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Jul 22, 2011, 02:43:10 PM
I love this stuff.

http://gyazo.com/0efc15b6dbb9acef4990290ee9126606.png

And yeah can't see Michael C Hall.

I love the one where he keeps hearing that song and can't keep it out of his head as he chases Nitro.

Shasvre

Shasvre

That's probably the first Ghost Rider cover I've ever seen that looks bad. :'(

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 22, 2011, 09:45:28 PM

This cover is amazing.

Huol

Huol

Shit.
me too.

Finally.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

How to say.... decidedly?
Dunno what they were thinking.

Shasvre

Shasvre

A dream Blade was having in Ultimate Avengers 3. :laugh:

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Damn it. :'(

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That Twilight shiz... :D.

What are you guys on with the cover?  No romantics, huh?  Well the art itself is very good, and both characters look well-drawn.  Must just not like the kiss, I reckon.  Who is that female looking Ghost Rider, anyhow?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed