Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 906,837 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Just re discovered some Simpson Comics

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Shas, I'm not going to quote your post because I don't want to see the spoiler, but man, I can't wait for the next book.

I heard that this arc is the biggest thing since
Spoiler
Woodbury's assault on the prison
[close]
Is this true?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Greg Pak (Magneto Testament) is apparently doing a similar story with Red Skull.

The covers are amazing.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheSorcererSupreme/news/?a=34535

"What of Schmidt's early life, though? What kind of man was he before he met Hitler? And how did the dictator's training impact him? Writer Greg Pak and artist Mirko Colak ("Secret Warriors") will answer those questions and more in July when they kick off the five issue "Red Skull" miniseries. Announced today at WonderCon, CBR News spoke with Pak about the project, which explores the origin of the Skull and features covers by David Aja."

I won't argue that Magneto Testament was a very well written story, but it lacked something that made Magneto stick out from the crowd. It will hopefully be different this time. :)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Pak just so went off the rails after Planet Hulk that I've hardly paid any attention to him since then. The first issue of his Silver Surfer mini was good, though, so maybe there's hope for him yet.

Daken

Daken

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Apr 03, 2011, 08:06:14 PM
Pak just so went off the rails after Planet Hulk that I've hardly paid any attention to him since then. The first issue of his Silver Surfer mini was good, though, so maybe there's hope for him yet.
I agree with ya there. Planet Hulk was great an the World War Hulk was OK then it just went down hill. Does there really have to be 2 Hulk books every month along with a second title. I thought the Red Hulk was the dumbest idea of all. Stuff like this is why I've given up on Marvel an went to DC. Better quality.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I like WWH, even though it did feel somewhat of a repeat of the Onslaught saga. And that they made Zom weak as shit now.

Daken

Daken

Maybe a little but at the end of the Onslaught story back in the 90's all the hero's died an it started all those crappy "Hero's Reborn" books that totally flopped.

Huol

Huol

Readan JMS' Thor.

I

like this.

I like this a lot.

Spoiler
Too bad everything blows up in Siege herp derp
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeap, it's a great series. I'm glad that the movie is inspired by it.

I'm up to #70 in Invincible now and I don't really like the changes they have made. The new suit is boring, I prefered the one with yellow in it. And the violence gets a little to much every now and then. It wasn't really gory series to begin with, so I don't really see a need for all this. :-\

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Apr 04, 2011, 08:15:28 AM
Readan JMS' Thor.

I

like this.

I like this a lot.

Spoiler
Too bad everything blows up in Siege herp derp
[close]

Yeah It's a pretty great series.

Dat bit about Odin and Surturs eternal battle.

f**k YEAH ODIN

Shasvre

Shasvre

Nice signature you got there, where is it from?

Aeus

Aeus

Arkham Asylum.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 04, 2011, 08:56:54 AM
Yeap, it's a great series. I'm glad that the movie is inspired by it.

I'm up to #70 in Invincible now and I don't really like the changes they have made. The new suit is boring, I prefered the one with yellow in it. And the violence gets a little to much every now and then. It wasn't really gory series to begin with, so I don't really see a need for all this. :-\

I was thinking about looking into this because its Kirkman, but superhero books aren't really supposed to be overly gory like that. I tihnk I'll pass.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 04, 2011, 07:17:38 PMI was thinking about looking into this because its Kirkman, but superhero books aren't really supposed to be overly gory like that. I tihnk I'll pass.
It's still a great series in my opinion. But it's getting gorier by the minute. :-\

For example, in the first 11 issues, this was the most violent thing I can remember.

Spoiler
[close]

And that worked, because it didn't happened very often and it worked great given the context.

But now every fight seems to end like this.

Spoiler

[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Damn....  :D  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed