NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,310 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 10, 2019, 02:05:59 PM
Not sure. There haven't been any specific hints at what wave 19 would bring, but yeah, it should be a Kenner wave by previous logic. Lasershot was shown, but I think he might be an Ultimate outside the standard waves. Maybe they have no more Kenner preds for wave 19?
They did one of the Hive Wars predators but not the Night Recon Predator:

I guess they could also crib from the unproduced prototypes.

Other than that, I think every released Kenner Predator has gotten a remake aside from Lasershot and Night Recon.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

If I had to pick from the unproduced designs I'd definitely say Marine Razor, the female predator, and the heavy infantry predator are the ones I'd want to see the most.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

All of these should be produced.

These come from Mr.venir of Figurerealm.

Disclaimer: In my opinion.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed!

But I have difficulty seeing NECA do Monolith's AVP figures.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They really do need to do some more of the game designs. I love me some Scarface. I'd love to see more.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 11, 2019, 01:42:32 PM

How come? The licensing issues?

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2019, 01:50:42 PM
They really do need to do some more of the game designs. I love me some Scarface. I'd love to see more.

The bane of my existence as it pertains to Neca figure collecting.

The Old One

The Old One

So would I.

Licensing partially, they can't even get the game on GOG for christsake, but also NECA likes to reuse parts as much as possible and many characters from Monolith's AVP would require new sculpted pieces.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Has Neca said there was licensing issues? They're usually pretty quick to answer things like that (like Carl Weathers likeness for Dillon). I'm sure it varies from each type of media, so the video games might be a little harder to get than say the comics. They've done it before though, and with the Predators (arguably) being their best selling line I'm sure we'll see the video games tapped eventually.
Some one had asked about the Dark Blade hunter from Concrete jungle on Twitter and Neca said it was a definite possibility.

On a side note I really think Neca should do a Predator "armory" pack like they did for the Colonial Marines.
Some new/retooled masks, armor bits, different plasma casters and mounts for them, reissued Renegade rifle and some other hand weapons like spears/swords.

Still Collating...

I'd be up for a predator armory pack. All those options you mentioned seem like it wouldn't be a too big of a problem for them.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 11, 2019, 06:43:22 PM
I'd be up for a predator armory pack. All those options you mentioned seem like it wouldn't be a too big of a problem for them.

Hell to the yes!  ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 11, 2019, 02:26:44 PM

So would I.

Licensing partially, they can't even get the game on GOG for christsake, but also NECA likes to reuse parts as much as possible and many characters from Monolith's AVP would require new sculpted pieces.
The licensing with AvP2 is a little more complicated than that. The game itself is not on GOG/Steam because Monolith, the owners of the game's engine and code, are currently owned by Warner Bros, while 20th Century Fox owns the AvP intellectual property (and I think the art assets?). Re-releasing the game would require the green light from both properties, and historically they haven't cooperated.

That said, 20th Century Fox allowed the Alien and Predator to cameo in Mortal Kombat X (a game made by Netherrealm Studios, which is owned by Warner Bros), so perhaps they're on better terms now and we might see AvP2 get re-released.

If Fox owns the art assets from AvP2, then licensing the Predators to NECA shouldn't be a problem.

CelticP

CelticP

So long as it's a whole pack filled with Predator 2 spears, because those f**king things keep snapping. It's absurd.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: CelticP on Feb 12, 2019, 04:28:02 AM

So long as it's a whole pack filled with Predator 2 spears, because those f**king things keep snapping. It's absurd.
I've said it before, but they really need to work on making stuff like that either come apart in the middle, be made of softer plastic, or both. For example: Broken Tusk's spear.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Looks like we're finally going to see the 100th Predator figure this weekend at ToyFair. What in the f**k can it possibly be?!

In regards to the Dark Blade Clan Scarface Predator, NECA has gone on record saying they'll get to it eventually. It's requested a lot.

The Old One

The Old One

Dark?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed